Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Where for art thou Mendenhall?

I'm a Steelers die-hard and tried to tell you, you can't trust Mendenhall until he's done for a few weeks.

He wasn't doing much even before he left. Steelers just have no running game. It's almost as bad as Arizona at this point.

He wasn't doing much even before he left. Steelers just have no running game. It's almost as bad as Arizona at this point.

If you stop any rb after 6 carries his stat line isn't gonna be pretty

He is one of those rbs who leads league in runs over 20 yds each year

He will get long rest and be probable next week

I traded him and James Jones for Brandon Marshall last night :pointstosky:

beautiful trade...for now.

Apparently the kiss of death for a Player this year is being on my team and in my starting lineup.

Fred Jackson

CJ Spiller

Forte

Benson

Andre Johnson/Steve Smith (not injured just sucking)

Gronk (good overall but 2 of last 3 weeks with like 1 point)

Mendy

my bad.............

I gotta say I was thinking he was going to have at least a 10 point outing. Glad to hear it wasn't his knee...but still inured nonetheless. Glad I didn't start him over turner.

WHY you fools even started him.....lmao. 1 week burst.

He was basically predicted everywhere to get 80-100 yards and one TD... It's not like it was a bad match up since titans are horrible at run d. He got hurt and I am sure steelers took precautionary actions.

WHY you fools even started him.....lmao. 1 week burst.

With all the steeler rb points scored last night that is even a stupid comment for you. After 100 yds and a td vs philly he was a solid start vs titans

Sorry we didnt all predict an Achilles strain like you

Just a quick FYI:

In Shakespearian English, "Wherefore" means "Why".

Juliet was asking "Why are YOU Romeo?" not "Where are you Romeo?"

"Why are you Mendenhall (and not Arian Foster), I believe is your question.

With all the steeler rb points scored last night that is even a stupid comment for you. After 100 yds and a td vs philly he was a solid start vs titans

Sorry we didnt all predict an Achilles strain like you

Yeah, also the Titans have one of the worst run defenses in the league.

Plus it was one of those retarded Thursday night games, you don't want a guy blowing up and then waiting an entire 4 days to get something else on the board.

I hate Thursday night games.

bump to see if PlasmaGeorge shows his face...

Always man up, and eat crow when I need to.

It was a real tough night watching him sit, Especially PI in the endzone that are his gimmie TDs....but are you saying your crystal ball had "Mendenhall injury" come up ?

Unbelievable, please use it weekly on Foster, it would help me greatly.

As Murf said, he was predicted everywhere as a much start, with a great matchup, an injury comes up and there are actually FF people (or Steelers fans) who say "I told you so". :thumbsdown:

Injuries are impossible to predict.

Before last year's injury, Mendy had a clean bill of health. It's a tough business to be a running back in the NFL.

Just take the dude with the talent, and start him if the situation is right. Nothing anyone could do last night..

Yeah, also the Titans have one of the worst run defenses in the league.

Plus it was one of those retarded Thursday night games, you don't want a guy blowing up and then waiting an entire 4 days to get something else on the board.

I hate Thursday night games.

Funny how you would talk down Mathews and can't wait until he gets hurt in the next few weeks but yet own Mendenhall and started him. :rolleyes:

Karma is a b!tch.

Just a quick FYI:

In Shakespearian English, "Wherefore" means "Why".

Juliet was asking "Why are YOU Romeo?" not "Where are you Romeo?"

"Why are you Mendenhall (and not Arian Foster), I believe is your question.

I have spent my life misinterpreting "Wherefore".

Always man up, and eat crow when I need to.

It was a real tough night watching him sit, Especially PI in the endzone that are his gimmie TDs....but are you saying your crystal ball had "Mendenhall injury" come up ?

Unbelievable, please use it weekly on Foster, it would help me greatly.

As Murf said, he was predicted everywhere as a much start, with a great matchup, an injury comes up and there are actually FF people (or Steelers fans) who say "I told you so". :thumbsdown:

No, but were are all-in on Mendenhall based on one game, hell, one good pass essentially that he ran in. Suddenly he was an RB1 in your book, where I was more cautious. I mentioned that I thought Peterson was back too soon, and the many of these guys get other injures from trying to compensate for the perceived weakness in the repaired area. And I said if he does it for a few games then I'll be a believer, but that until then it's too risky. So, no, I didn't have the mendenhall injury crystal ball, but I had common sense kicking in big time. Reality says this is a 1 year to full recovery injury, minimum. He's barely 10 months removed. This isn't a healthy Foster getting predicted for an injury, it's a guy who rushed back to action before it was prudent.

Funny how you would talk down Mathews and can't wait until he gets hurt in the next few weeks but yet own Mendenhall and started him. :rolleyes:

Karma is a b!tch.

Funny how you just posted Mendenhall has had a clean bill of health prior to last year, and then turned around and changed your mind.

Also funny how you drafted Matthews in the 2nd round, and I drafted Mendenhall in the 10th.

Funny how you just posted Mendenhall has had a clean bill of health prior to last year, and then turned around and changed your mind.

Also funny how you drafted Matthews in the 2nd round, and I drafted Mendenhall in the 10th.

No, i didn't turn around and changed anything. I was referring to your hypocrisy. Since you own Mendenhall your thought process are different when applying to a player like Mathews despite the fact that Mathews play MORE games then Mendenhall last season.

I didn't draft Mathews in the 2nd. He went in the first by another owner.

I traded for Mathews after week 4. :thumbsup:

Mendenhall averaged 62 rushing yards per game and rarely got receptions last year. He scored a total of 9 TDS, but without the other points he was always mediocre at best. No monster games. The eight games he didn't score a TD in he had below 10 fantasy points.

I don't have Mendy this year, but that was my impression of him from last year. At least current owners didn't spend a 2nd rounder on him. :doh:

No, but were are all-in on Mendenhall based on one game, hell, one good pass essentially that he ran in. Suddenly he was an RB1 in your book, where I was more cautious. I mentioned that I thought Peterson was back too soon, and the many of these guys get other injures from trying to compensate for the perceived weakness in the repaired area. And I said if he does it for a few games then I'll be a believer, but that until then it's too risky. So, no, I didn't have the mendenhall injury crystal ball, but I had common sense kicking in big time. Reality says this is a 1 year to full recovery injury, minimum. He's barely 10 months removed. This isn't a healthy Foster getting predicted for an injury, it's a guy who rushed back to action before it was prudent.

I respect you....for having a more kickazz avatar than me.

BUT,

I will say you're implying the Injury last night is related to last years, (which your "told you so's" are justified), but I disagree. You're acting as if he was riding a bike on the sidelines and decided to play and reinjured the area....and that's not the case.

He's been practicing 100% with the 1st team for how long? and played a full NFL game making all the moves and taking the hits. More days of full practice (not 100% sure but assuming), and game #2 gets injured.

He was "compensating", or favoring one side, not to reinjure the repaired side....don't buy that either.

Time will tell, but I need him healthy, and so do the Steelers obviously after last night.

Its funny listening to people claim I told you so on mendy performance when he got hurt and sat out. Meanwhile the backups who everyone already determined suck worse than mendy went for well over 100 yards and a td.

Doesn't make any sense.

Hell I will go on record as saying he was well enough to go back in but pity thought they could win it without him

Nobody can claim I told you he sucked because he only played like 1.5 quarters and I think 1 touch in 1st quarter

Incomplete grade