Sign in to follow this  
Vyse

Fatt Stafford

I really hope this guy is playing through some unknown injury because there is now way he can be THIS terrible after the year he had last year. The guy pretty much looks iike Blaine Gabbert out there and that might be an insult to Blaine Gabbert :thumbsdown:

I think it has a lot more to do with the play calling. I have been saying it for weeks, then need to come out in a no huddle and let him sling it from the start of the game. Instead they come out and try this BS power running game every week and it takes him forever to get going.

I really hope this guy is playing through some unknown injury because there is now way he can be THIS terrible after the year he had last year. The guy pretty much looks iike Blaine Gabbert out there and that might be an insult to Blaine Gabbert :thumbsdown:

OUCH!!!!! You said Blaine Gabbert!!

I think it has a lot more to do with the play calling. I have been saying it for weeks, then need to come out in a no huddle and let him sling it from the start of the game. Instead they come out and try this BS power running game every week and it takes him forever to get going.

This. Linehan is failing to get the offense going. I know Stafford has missed some throws too (and all of the drops definitely aren't helping anything), but the Lions keep trying to have a "Balanced Offense" by running the ball more than they really should be. Running more than last season is fine. Running more to achieve some balance and keep some defenders near the line of scrimmage is fine. Being stubborn and trying to run for the sake of running and being "balanced", when it is clearly to the detriment of your team - THAT is unacceptable.

They need to play to their strengths, which is Stafford, Megatron and the passing attack. If they want to run more, fine. I understand you don't like the 90%/10% Pass/Run balance from last year. Even it out a bit more by going 70%/30% or 65%/35%, not by going 50%/50%.

Offense blows.

It's been the same story all year. Come out with the power running game with NO FULLBACK. How can you run a POWER running game with NO FULLBACK.

They fall behind by half time. By 3rd quarter they are in no huddle and slinging it everywhere. They got lucky with the Eagles game and should have been 1-5. Stafford has only 6 TD after 6 games. The dude just isn't very good. Poor mechanics. Trouble reading defenses. Afraid to throw it up to CJ. If i have to quess, 75% of Stafford's production has come in the final 5-10 minutes of the game with opposing team in prevent defense.

This. Linehan is failing to get the offense going. I know Stafford has missed some throws too (and all of the drops definitely aren't helping anything), but the Lions keep trying to have a "Balanced Offense" by running the ball more than they really should be. Running more than last season is fine. Running more to achieve some balance and keep some defenders near the line of scrimmage is fine. Being stubborn and trying to run for the sake of running and being "balanced", when it is clearly to the detriment of your team - THAT is unacceptable.

They need to play to their strengths, which is Stafford, Megatron and the passing attack. If they want to run more, fine. I understand you don't like the 90%/10% Pass/Run balance from last year. Even it out a bit more by going 70%/30% or 65%/35%, not by going 50%/50%.

Not true last night. Chicago had their safeties at least 20 yards off the LOS. The Lions were taking advantage of that last night at the beginning of the 2nd half. It's common sense that you run the ball and they did, with success.

Lions made horrible mistakes and didn't take care of the ball last night....otherwise, they outplayed Chicago.

So what do we do this coming week (Stafford vs. the SEA D) ? Keep plugging him in there ? Thinking of Bradford vs. NE or Weeden vs. SD in case I have to pick up someone to rent for week 8 .

Not true last night. Chicago had their safeties at least 20 yards off the LOS. The Lions were taking advantage of that last night at the beginning of the 2nd half. It's common sense that you run the ball and they did, with success.

Lions made horrible mistakes and didn't take care of the ball last night....otherwise, they outplayed Chicago.

Agreed. Last night was an aberration. The defense kept them in the game, and had they even come away with 3 field goals instead of touchdowns, the Lions would have won. But we deserve to lose when we turn the ball over 3 times in the red zone.

My big problem with Linehan last night was that it took him until the 2nd half to take advantage of the Chicago defense. That is something that he and/or Stafford should have been doing after the first quarter.

I'm curious what the biggest TD decline is for a QB that starts 16 games in two consecutive seasons.

Obviously, he won't get to 41 TDs this year; it's an absolute certainty he won't reach 30. His projected 16-18 TDs in 2012 makes him bench fodder, and as a Stafford owner myself, I will be rolling with Cutler and Fitzpatrick henceforth.

So what do we do this coming week (Stafford vs. the SEA D) ? Keep plugging him in there ? Thinking of Bradford vs. NE or Weeden vs. SD in case I have to pick up someone to rent for week 8 .

No way would I start him against Seattle. He's a lock for at least 2 INTS. If Detroit gets saucy and tries to keep pressing the ball down field it could get really ugly.

The play calling is terrible, and Stafford is getting that gun-shy, throw-off-the back foot kind of form. He looked awful last night, but he's not stepping into his throws and not getting the velocity or accuracy he was last year. The Lions should have run the ball until they forced Chicago to move those safeties up to protect against the run. Leshoure was killing them, but the are so intent no passing despite obvious pass coverage they suck the life out of their own offense. They iso Calvin on one side against Tillman, who has proved he can cover him one-on-one. They never once tried to run a bunch formation with Calvin to see if they could cause some confusion and get another CB matched up on him.

FWIW, Broyles looks like a much better WR than Titus Young.

What the hell is going on with Calvin Johnson? He's he getting double teamed EVERY game now?

He looks promising today . A 1st quarter TD toss, have we seen that at all this year ?

RedZone channel mentioned that was his first TD pass in the first half this season. As an owner, that feels about right. Sure is nice to see him with 20 points before halftime, instead of watching him struggle in the single digits and hoping for a 4th quarter rally.

What the hell is going on with Calvin Johnson? He's he getting double teamed EVERY game now?

Double teamed is an understatement. He has been double teamed almost his whole career. This year he is getting bracketed, DB's are being physical with him.. seems like there is almost always 3 guys around him.

There's the Stafford we drafted, lol .

Benched him in one league but at least roethlisburger had 3 TD. Still would be nice to have the extra 11 points.

Benched him for Hasselbeck, those 22 points would be nice right now. But I think I'm gonna lose anyways. I hate this game....