Sign in to follow this  
Matrix333

Ridley - Going Forward

What are your thoughts on Ridley going forward? He is still getting the majority of the carries, but they are split up quite a bit between three players. Vereen seems to be out-producing him, so I am worried Hoodie will make a change. Plus, NE plays SF and HOU during fantasy playoffs...

Ridley has 3-4 really good matchups coming up. I expect him to be a top 10 back for the next 4 weeks.

But you are right, playoff schedule looks terrible for him. And Ridley, as we've found out, can give you 3 or 4 pts on a bad day.

I say, good times for the next few weeks, cautious after that.

Atleast with Ridley he blows up against crappy run defenses & gets shut down against good run defenses. Makes it easy deciphering when to start him so I appreciate that.

Might try to shop him but I need him to put up a good performance to get decent value.

Ridley has 3-4 really good matchups coming up. I expect him to be a top 10 back for the next 4 weeks.

But you are right, playoff schedule looks terrible for him. And Ridley, as we've found out, can give you 3 or 4 pts on a bad day.

I say, good times for the next few weeks, cautious after that.

This^^^

I just unloaded him to a desperate Richardson/Murray owner who needs to string some wins together to make the playoffs... Too many questions marks weeks 14-16 for me. Sure the pats O will be in scoring position frequently, but will he even get the touches?

One positive thing for Ridley owners is the return of Hernandez which puts that pats back into that 2TE set...

This^^^

I just unloaded him to a desperate Richardson/Murray owner who needs to string some wins together to make the playoffs... Too many questions marks weeks 14-16 for me. Sure the pats O will be in scoring position frequently, but will he even get the touches?

One positive thing for Ridley owners is the return of Hernandez which puts that pats back into that 2TE set...

They seem to have decided even with the 2 TE set they're going to mostly run Woodhead and keep Welker in. It's more like the pass offense of last year with Gronk and Welker emphasized. At least from what I saw last week.

Despite all my b!tching and whining last week, he still carried the ball 17 times. Sit him against tough Run D's and start him confidently against softer foes.

Matchup or not - he, and his d!ckface boss Belichick are gonna make your fatnasy football blood pressure spike. Ridley will get some carries but will lose carries at the worst times to short white guys named Woodhead and whomever else they drag off the street that day. Like Bolden or Vereen. Also, if you are in a league where TDs still count for something then your misery will reach even greater heights. I know, I know, "Ridley is a top 10 RB in our league". Yeah but that was with two blow up games that happened a looooong time ago. Over the last several weeks hes been a steaming turd loaf. Its also quite obvious that at any minute, Belichick can decide to go in a different direction since his MO is to always be right about everything football related even if it costs the team - like many of the domb fock personnel moves hes made over the years. Its like he has to prove that his "system" is what wins and he can do it with any swinging d!ck out there. Of course, thats a load of crap but thats what he does.

If your fantasy hopes ride on Ridley or any other pats running back, best of luck to ya. Fock dat chit. :thumbsdown:

he, and his d!ckface boss Belichick

:lol:

People keep forgetting to include McDingleberry in their ire. He's just as responsible as Belicheat for this situation.

Luckily I have a little depth so I don't HAVE to rely on Ridley, but if his situation was a little more solid he would be my most reliable back. Such is life. :dunno:

I thought about trying to trade for the guy based on his upcoming matchups, then I remembered I'd be voluntarily trading someone productive for a Belicheat/McChildish RB. I'll stay with what I gots, thanks.

When the dust settles on this season, I think we will see Ridley as a 1,000-yard rusher with 8-10 TDs. Pretty darned solid RB2 numbers and good value for where he was drafted. BUT, along the way you will have to deal with the continual headache of figuring out the Patriots' RB usage from week to week. Hopefully your RB1 is strong enough to offset Ridley's 5-point games.

Matchup or not - he, and his d!ckface boss Belichick are gonna make your fatnasy football blood pressure spike. Ridley will get some carries but will lose carries at the worst times to short white guys named Woodhead and whomever else they drag off the street that day. Like Bolden or Vereen. Also, if you are in a league where TDs still count for something then your misery will reach even greater heights. I know, I know, "Ridley is a top 10 RB in our league". Yeah but that was with two blow up games that happened a looooong time ago. Over the last several weeks hes been a steaming turd loaf. Its also quite obvious that at any minute, Belichick can decide to go in a different direction since his MO is to always be right about everything football related even if it costs the team - like many of the domb fock personnel moves hes made over the years. Its like he has to prove that his "system" is what wins and he can do it with any swinging d!ck out there. Of course, thats a load of crap but thats what he does.

If your fantasy hopes ride on Ridley or any other pats running back, best of luck to ya. Fock dat chit. :thumbsdown:

What running backs outside of Foster or Rice have been a model of consistency this season? I'm not defending Ridley by any means but the NFL is full of running backs who's stats are largely based on a 2-3 game binge.

Frustrating RB for me. I expect more frustration over the rest of the year. Wish I'd traded him after wk4/5.

STARTED

wk1 - 21 points

wk2 - 9 points

wk3 - 3 points

wk6 - 3 points

wk7 - 6 points

BENCHED

wk4 - 22 points

wk5 - 21 points

wk8 who the hell knows

Belicheck is one of the few coaches in the league that will game plan against certain types of defenses. When they play a stout run d, he gives vareen and woodhead carries on draws and outside the tackle stuff. If he feels like they have the advantage between the tackles he gives ridley 20 carries. It's actually pretty easy to predict.

What running backs outside of Foster or Rice have been a model of consistency this season? I'm not defending Ridley by any means but the NFL is full of running backs who's stats are largely based on a 2-3 game binge.

You are correct, it's a league wide thing. But in NE, it's even more so. Like a few weeks ago when Vereen shows up for a cheap TD plunge at the goal line after not playing for four weeks. No other carries, just a TD vulture. And, Ridley appeared to be the main guy after a couple of games then suddenly started to share the ball more. I don't care who they are playing - Woodhead or whoever else isn't going to fare any better against a certain team. It's maddening.

Oh we'll.

Frustrating RB for me. I expect more frustration over the rest of the year. Wish I'd traded him after wk4/5.

STARTED

wk1 - 21 points

wk2 - 9 points

wk3 - 3 points

wk6 - 3 points

wk7 - 6 points

BENCHED

wk4 - 22 points

wk5 - 21 points

wk8 who the hell knows

For the sake of us other Ridley owners, would you mind benching him in week 8 too? Thanks! :doublethumbsup:

Seriously, I feel your pain. I'm actually contemplating Vick Ballard over Ridley this week. :shocking:

Ridley is still the guy to own, but obviously it will be tough to predict his usage from week to week. I think he makes a fine flex player but would be weak as an RB2.

I traded him and Garçon 2 weeks ago for Hernandez and Sjax. Garçon looks to be heading for IR if I had to guess, and as a Graham owner I needed insurance if Jimmys injury lingers. We can also flex a TE so I can start Hernadez and Graham when healthy.

For the sake of us other Ridley owners, would you mind benching him in week 8 too? Thanks! :doublethumbsup:

Seriously, I feel your pain. I'm actually contemplating Vick Ballard over Ridley this week. :shocking:

I think I'm going to go for it. Ballard is running against the Titans defense. With a good passing game of Luck and Wayne, I think Ballard will have room to run. It's all about the matchups. Ridley is running against a stout Rams defense.