Sign in to follow this  
ThatDude

Heath Miller Owners

If Ben is out multiple weeks are you concerned about Miller or do you think he could be the security blanket for the backup QB?

I'm considering dropping him for a waiver claim this week. I've been using him but we dont have a required TE so it's not as big of an impact for me

Ive got Miller in 2 leagues and Wallace in 2 leagues :shocking: Not too worried about Miller but sure as hell am worried about Wallace. I have more confidence that Leftwhich and his 20 second release can hit Miller just 5-10 yards down field than bombs to Wallace.

The Windmill won't (can't) feed him the rock like Big Ben.

Drop him like he's hot.

I think people are having way too much of a knee jerk reaction to Leftwich. Let's at least see the guy with a week of 1st team reps under his belt. He has a legit NFL arm, regardless of the odd throwing motion. He may not be the poison to Wallace and Miller that people seem to be expecting.

I think people are having way too much of a knee jerk reaction to Leftwich. Let's at least see the guy with a week of 1st team reps under his belt. He has a legit NFL arm, regardless of the odd throwing motion. He may not be the poison to Wallace and Miller that people seem to be expecting.

You're kidding right? Wallace and Miller were non-existent after Lefty took over. I'd be trying to sell both of those guys on their season production before the floor caves in and owners realize how much value they are about to lose.

Why should anyone panic? We have no word on how serious Ben's injury is. For all we know, it's not that bad and he'll be back within the next 3 weeks. That having been said, if the injury is serious than Wallace owners should panic. Heath Miller should be alright.

You're kidding right? Wallace and Miller were non-existent after Lefty took over.

1) Wallace only had 1 catch while Ben was in the game and it was a fluky circus catch on a poorly thrown ball, so he was lucky to even have that one.

2) Weather conditions were poor for throwing the ball. Both Steelers QB's had 50% completion percentage (Leftwich's yards per attempt was actually a little higher).

3) Backup QBs get no reps in practice. Also, Leftwich missed all of last year.

So you've got a guy who hasn't taken a snap in a real game since 2010 throwing to receivers that he never practices with. And, oh yeah, it's raining. Based on this, you're extrapolating future performances?

The last 2 times that Leftwich actually started and played a full game - weeks 1 and 2 of 2009 for Tampa - he threw for 572 yards and 4 TDs. Not saying he definitely won't lay an egg here, but he's not the total turd that he's being painted as. He does have some ability.

1) Wallace only had 1 catch while Ben was in the game and it was a fluky circus catch on a poorly thrown ball, so he was lucky to even have that one.

2) Weather conditions were poor for throwing the ball. Both Steelers QB's had 50% completion percentage (Leftwich's yards per attempt was actually a little higher).

3) Backup QBs get no reps in practice. Also, Leftwich missed all of last year.

So you've got a guy who hasn't taken a snap in a real game since 2010 throwing to receivers that he never practices with. And, oh yeah, it's raining. Based on this, you're extrapolating future performances?

The last 2 times that Leftwich actually started and played a full game - weeks 1 and 2 of 2009 for Tampa - he threw for 572 yards and 4 TDs. Not saying he definitely won't lay an egg here, but he's not the total turd that he's being painted as. He does have some ability.

If Big Ben is out for an extended period of time, be my guest and take the gamble on Mr. 10 second Leftwich getting the ball out of his hands. Go ahead and gamble the production of both players will stay the same going forward.

I personally would not take that gamble. Wallace and Miller would be traded while their perceived value is still high. I personally believe their value will plummet as the Steelers go run heavy and rely even more on their D.

To each his own my friend.

was just offered Denarius Moore and Steve Smith for Miller and DeSean Jackson. I'm not sure a better deal is going to come up so I'm gonna do it.

was just offered Denarius Moore and Steve Smith for Miller and DeSean Jackson. I'm not sure a better deal is going to come up so I'm gonna do it.

LOL - bad trade for you. Hope you didn't pull the trigger on it. But on the good side this is a classic over-reaction type trade that rookies should take note of and learn from.

LOL - bad trade for you. Hope you didn't pull the trigger on it. But on the good side this is a classic over-reaction type trade that rookies should take note of and learn from.

This exactly why this board is losing traffic and credibility. Everyone wants to give their $.02 without even knowing the situation for each team and league. Hybrid points/head-to-head league non PPR, standard scoring. I'm 8-2 in 1st head-to-head, and 1st by 153 points in total points. So clearly I don't know what I am doing.

So yes it's a terrible just awful trade. I just dealt away my back up TE (Jimmy Graham) and a WR I don't even play. I traded two bench players who I don't play for two players who give me a possible better flex option going forward. I don't believe that Leftwich is going to get it done in Pitt, and have you seen Foles? OMG he is terrible. Many people, myself included, believe the passing game for both teams is going to take a serious down grade with Ben and Vick now out for an undisclosed amount of time. Bottom line is there aren't many people willing to trade for either guy b/c of the big questions in going to new QBs. I traded bench fodder for at least a viable #3 WR with a big upside going forward. Moore has been lighting it up and Steve Smith is still the only option in Carolina.

one of my FF teams name is buttmonkeys!!!!

:overhead: :overhead: :overhead:

now on to the topic at hand, that is not a bad trade. Djax is useless, and miller without ben is not gonna be very good...

i'm thinking of starting pitta over miller this week, that's waht i think of windmill master...

FWIW I think he robbed the other guy. He traded two guys that both have back ups (one of them a rookie) throwing to them for two guys that are their team's first option at WR. Not even close to a bad trade, Buttmonkey.

This exactly why this board is losing traffic and credibility. Everyone wants to give their $.02 without even knowing the situation for each team and league. Hybrid points/head-to-head league non PPR, standard scoring. I'm 8-2 in 1st head-to-head, and 1st by 153 points in total points. So clearly I don't know what I am doing.

So yes it's a terrible just awful trade. I just dealt away my back up TE (Jimmy Graham) and a WR I don't even play. I traded two bench players who I don't play for two players who give me a possible better flex option going forward. I don't believe that Leftwich is going to get it done in Pitt, and have you seen Foles? OMG he is terrible. Many people, myself included, believe the passing game for both teams is going to take a serious down grade with Ben and Vick now out for an undisclosed amount of time. Bottom line is there aren't many people willing to trade for either guy b/c of the big questions in going to new QBs. I traded bench fodder for at least a viable #3 WR with a big upside going forward. Moore has been lighting it up and Steve Smith is still the only option in Carolina.

So next time - give the "situation for each team and league". Now that I know you're in first and by 153 points in total points - I want to know more! Post your draft, free agent transactions and schedule results. From there I can really make an informed decision about your trade. In all seriousness, you even know this is a bad trade which is why you got defensive in the first place about it. In all honestly, did your post bring any value when you were commenting on Miller's situation? Heck, that's not a risk if you have Graham in the first place - so it really added no value to the board whatsoever. You should have stated - I got Graham, so I'm trading Miller now to get best value - then that would make sense. Good luck with your team.

You should have stated - I got Graham, so I'm trading Miller now to get best value - then that would make sense. Good luck with your team.

Troll much...see post #2.

Miller or Gresham the rest of the way?

What's the possibility Millers value actually increases? I'd like to think the offense will become even more conservative with Leftwich at the helm which would undoubtedly result in more looks for Miller. But can leftwich actually get him the ball?