Sign in to follow this  
knuckleballah22

Best sleeper pick predictions ive ever seen

wow...you could have followed those sleepers as a draft strategy from the 5th round on and had an unbeatable team. impressive.

Pretty good, although my definition of a sleeper is a player who comes out of nowhere or a guy who is being overlooked by most "experts". Expectations were pretty high for most of the guys on that list. Martin and Morris had already won their team's starting RB gig by the time that article was written. There was a lot of buzz about guys like Cobb, Torrey Smith, Griffin...

I'll give him James Jones, Miller and Daniels, who were not on many people's radar. Also a bold call on Manning returning to elite status when a lot of people were still hedging on him.

Cobb, Luck, Jones, Morris, Moore, Palmer, Miller, Daniels all stand out.

Tannehill, Sanchez and Gabbert were not great.

Some of the others were fairly predictable I think and I'm not sure they were all "sleepers."

I do think this would have been a great list to draft from though.

I just have a real hard time calling the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft a sleeper, or a guy like Moore, who was explosive last year any time he was healthy.

jeebus, this is like taking "Semantics 101" with you people. Quit getting hung on on the word "sleeper" and recognize the guy threw out some pretty good "draft this guy" candidates on August 20th that have panned out into great picks, much more so than most of could do.

I just have a real hard time calling the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft a sleeper, or a guy like Moore, who was explosive last year any time he was healthy.

You're right, they may not really be sleepers either.

wow...you could have followed those sleepers as a draft strategy from the 5th round on and had an unbeatable team. impressive.

Why would you draft 8 QBs?

:music_guitarred:

jeebus, this is like taking "Semantics 101" with you people. Quit getting hung on on the word "sleeper" and recognize the guy threw out some pretty good "draft this guy" candidates on August 20th that have panned out into great picks, much more so than most of could do.

Hey, I gave him credit. He pulled 3 guys right out of his @ss that no one was looking at and made the 100% right call on Manning when people were down on him. That's a pretty good ratio out of 17. I'm just saying that a lot of people were very high on most of those other guys except the obvious turds (Gabbert, Sanchez, Tannehill). Martin went in the 2nd round of some drafts.

I'm gonna hafta call bullsh!t.

I was a little suspicious when he mentioned Jeremy Kerley as a target for Mark Sanchez - Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kerley was like a 4th or 5th stringer this preseason, wasn't he?

But this is what got me:

The date of the article is August 20th.

Yet he references the Colts/Redskins preseason game that was played on August 25th. (Check the Alfred Morris write-up)

I was a little suspicious when he mentioned Jeremy Kerley as a target for Mark Sanchez - Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kerley was like a 4th or 5th stringer this preseason, wasn't he?

But this is what got me:

Yet he references the Colts/Redskins preseason game that was played on August 25th. (Check the Alfred Morris write-up)

hhmmmmmm!!!

But this is what got me:

And, this exact post is being repeated on multiple message boards.

I actually thought something was weird about the date of the article when I first read it, but didn't bother checking up on it. I remember Martin and Morris were not really announced as having won starting jobs until very late, like the end of August. My league auction was on the 26th and I recall the announcement on Martin being just a day or two prior and Morris was even later than that. Yet in the article, dated the 20th, he refers to both in the past tense.

Owner of that site is pimping this list on multiple message boards, in hopes of drawing traffic to his site.

Just thought you were implying that I copied my message from someone else, hah

Tannehill, Sanchez and Gabbert were not great.

Some of the others were fairly predictable I think and I'm not sure they were all "sleepers."

I do think this would have been a great list to draft from though.

This was the list I was drafting from pretty much. I have no idea who this guy is or anything about his site but I drafted Cobb, Luck, Moore, and Miller all 6th round on in a VERY competitive dynasty league startup this year. The FFToday Zealots dynasty in fact. :thumbsup:

But this is what got me:

8 broken clocks are right 16 times a day

You might be right only because I could never keep a straight face and call Matt Ryan a sleeper when he is pitching the ball to the likes of Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Tony Gonzalez...