Sign in to follow this  
American Chewy

Beanie Wells

hadn't seen much discussion on him. with LS-H questionable it appears Beaner could be in for most of the work today, his 1st start back. Rams have been getting ripped up on the ground lately and zona has been running the ball better of late. Starting him with moderate confidence in the flex today over other options like mendenhall.

Thoughts? Anyone else going with him today?

hadn't seen much discussion on him. with LS-H questionable it appears Beaner could be in for most of the work today, his 1st start back. Rams have been getting ripped up on the ground lately and zona has been running the ball better of late. Starting him with moderate confidence in the flex today over other options like mendenhall.

Thoughts? Anyone else going with him today?

Looks like a good matchup- and injuries at RB may keep him in the game more than the Cards had planned.

I've read they wanted to limit him and ease him back into action, so I am taking a wait & see approach. I willl probably regret it. Starting Bradshaw & Charles today.

I don't understand the hype surrounding Wells' return. He was terrible before he got injured, so why would he suddenly be relevant?

Just curious...

I don't understand the hype surrounding Wells' return. He was terrible before he got injured, so why would he suddenly be relevant?

Just curious...

haven't really seen much hype...i'm not expecting huge numbers but he at least is a fresh guy who should get the majority of the touches going forward which is nice to have this late in the year at flex/RB3.

Right now I currently have him starting... It's between him or Jacquizz Rodgers. Really scrappin for points here. Of course I'll usually pick the wrong one.

Just curious...

No hype - just a very cheap starting RB that was had for the price of a WW pickup - low risk/high reward. No one is saying that he's Ray Rice - but also remember people on here bashing him last year and he was a top 12 back.

Just curious...

I'm starting him ... Not sure what to expect because of the time off and because it the Cardinals.

If you think Beanie Wells is terrible I would have to think you've never seen him play

Remember he's running well against a team that lost to the Jets at home.

And so?

His pts don't count?

You are a moron

Also running against a team that tied 49ers at their house

And so?

His pts don't count?

You are a moron

Thanks.

What I mean is that he might not be as effective against the better defenses of Seattle and Chicago in the fantasy playoffs....

Thanks.

What I mean is that he might not be as effective against the better defenses of Seattle and Chicago in the fantasy playoffs....

Both Seattle and Minny can be run on. Heck bush and Thomas ran all over them today.

I am just happy to have a body taking all 5he carries

I notice you're wrong a lot.

I rarely post on this forum, so either you love creepin' on user's profiles because you have nothing better to do, or I made an impression on you.

Please show me all of the times I was wrong :thumbsup:

Oh, and those two TDs saved Wells' day. If you're relying on that from week to week, all I have to say is good luck.. you're going to need it.

Thanks.

Seattle just lost both their starting CBs.

Still sucks

Yes, he does. Scored a couple TDs today and that's all good but it should be obvious that his poosay will be sore after this and the questionable, game time decision, injured during warm ups crap will start soon. You all go ahead and plan your FF playoffs around Beanie Wells. Best of luck.

:lol:

Yes, he does. Scored a couple TDs today and that's all good but it should be obvious that his poosay will be sore after this and the questionable, game time decision, injured during warm ups crap will start soon. You all go ahead and plan your FF playoffs around Beanie Wells. Best of luck.

:lol:

Obviously his value is different from one league to the next, but as a RB3, for teams limping in to the playoffs, a WW pick up like Beanie could be salvation.

Obviously his value is different from one league to the next, but as a RB3, for teams limping in to the playoffs, a WW pick up like Beanie could be salvation.

Maybe for a game or two, thats true. Its just, well, beanie owners know what the deal is with this guy. He is a cancer to your fantasy team.

Maybe for a game or two, thats true. Its just, well, beanie owners know what the deal is with this guy. He is a cancer to your fantasy team.

Agree, and wouldnt start him over better options, but an owner loosing a Mcgahee, McCoy, Forte,,, etc... there are worse options.

He is a starter for me until he gets hurt....in a league where rbs sit for hangnails I see no less risk with beanie. He gets all the carries that is all I need to know.

He is the first option ion az when healthy and az has a depleted backfield

A nice rb 3 with upside in time for the playoffs

For those who got him, an early present from Santa

For the week at least I'm ok with my decision to drop Wells for Moreno. I'd rather have the player on the better offense.

Arizona seemed to fall behind big and abandon the run in the second half. If that happens and you don't get a goal line td or two Wells might leave you very short some weeks. Who knows though.

i don't think you can ride wells to a championship, but he is a good rb2 to have on your roster to be able to plug in as needed. i think moreno's upside is higher being on a good denver team.

i don't think you can ride wells to a championship, but he is a good rb2 to have on your roster to be able to plug in as needed. i think moreno's upside is higher being on a good denver team.

The list of rbs who can could be counted on one hand really

Why is this the benchmark every time there is a discussion on waiver pickups?

For the week at least I'm ok with my decision to drop Wells for Moreno. I'd rather have the player on the better offense.

Arizona seemed to fall behind big and abandon the run in the second half. If that happens and you don't get a goal line td or two Wells might leave you very short some weeks. Who knows though.

I snaked both and am waiting on Murray to return to health. If I can pull out a victory this week I'll be primed for a huge playoff run with the possibility of having McFadden back (although honestly I'd rather have Reece), Murray, Moreno and Wells.

The list of rbs who can could be counted on one hand really

Why is this the benchmark every time there is a discussion on waiver pickups?

it's much harder and better to find an RB you can count on for multiple weeks rather than a week here or there. obviously that's the benchmark for a quality WW pickup in a position that is the toughest to staff this year.

I snaked both and am waiting on Murray to return to health. If I can pull out a victory this week I'll be primed for a huge playoff run with the possibility of having McFadden back (although honestly I'd rather have Reece), Murray, Moreno and Wells.

I sold McFadden to the Reece owner a few weeks back. When he returns I think Reece has shown enough to demand touches and I'd be worried about them cannibalizing each other's value.

thanks wells for saving an otherwise down week for my team. will plan on keeping him in the flex the rest of the way till he gets hurt. glad to see he got all the GL work and was on the field in nearly all but the most obvious passing downs.

No offense, how can you feel good about that going into the playoff even with all those running back coming back to health. You will probably going against someone with Forster and Morris, or AP and Dougie.

Unless you stack on WRs to make up the points or luck was on your side.

No offense, how can you feel good about that going into the playoff even with all those running back coming back to health. You will probably going against someone with Forster and Morris, or AP and Dougie.

Unless you stack on WRs to make up the points or luck was on your side.

My RB's are passable...Mathews, McFadden/Reece, Bradshaw, Wells, Moreno, Murray. It's PPR and whichever two of those I like are usually teamed with (1QB) Matt Ryan, (2WR/1Flex) Julio Jones, Eric Decker, Danny Amendola and the Broncos DST.

Because 1,000 yards and 10 touchdowns is cancerous, right?

He's not a cancer, you just have to have realistic expectations and not expect him to be an RB1.

Last year had a touchdown in eight games, usually good for 50 yards as well. Very solid mid/low RB2 and a VERY good RB3.

My RB's are passable...Mathews, McFadden/Reece, Bradshaw, Wells, Moreno, Murray. It's PPR and whichever two of those I like are usually teamed with (1QB) Matt Ryan, (2WR/1Flex) Julio Jones, Eric Decker, Danny Amendola and the Broncos DST.

I am in similar situation, I feel good about my chance, but when I see the 1st overall team, I just hope I have some better luck. He has Doug, Forster, Demaryius Thomas, Dez. The hottest RBs and WRs. I am sure it is the same case with most league.

I am in similar situation, I feel good about my chance, but when I see the 1st overall team, I just hope I have some better luck. He has Doug, Forster, Demaryius Thomas, Dez. The hottest RBs and WRs. I am sure it is the same case with most league.

same here. i do have rice but after that it's reece, so having wells and moreno to sub in could be a good solid choice. wr's are white, welker, colston, amendola and hopefully alexander for moore this week on ww. big ben was doing me good as a QB but until he comes back its Palmer. kicker rotates, DEF is broncos now, but rotates.

so having wells and moreno just before the playoffs is a good thing.

Because 1,000 yards and 10 touchdowns is cancerous, right?

He's not a cancer, you just have to have realistic expectations and not expect him to be an RB1.

Last year had a touchdown in eight games, usually good for 50 yards as well. Very solid mid/low RB2 and a VERY good RB3.

These debbie downers can't grasp the idea that even a ray rice and mccoy aren't guys totally dominating. Games anymore. They can poo poo 2td weeks with a huge majority of touches all they want its probably cause they missed him on waivers

These debbie downers can't grasp the idea that even a ray rice and mccoy aren't guys totally dominating. Games anymore. They can poo poo 2td weeks with a huge majority of touches all they want its probably cause they missed him on waivers

This is very true.

Too often, those that post on FF forums, are already one sided because of their own roster situation, rather than posting out side of the box regardless of their own personal situation with how they have handled WW and trades. FF forums are a very useful tool, but as readers of these forums, you still have to evaluate the info you extract, and be your own judge, and always remember that a very large percentage of posts and recommendations are front loaded with high expectations from most posters situations and expectations in regards to their own roster first and foremost. Its the evolutionary human flaw that clouds judgement in all fascist of life, not just FF..... lol

Yeah, this is what I was kind of trying to get at. There's lots of guys that post on here that are in 10 teamers with loaded rosters, when the reality is that in 12 teamers (and particularly larger) you simply cannot avoid having some sort of weakness in your roster, if it's not at one particular position, it's more than likely at your depth. Scoring a guy like Beanie (or Moreno) when guys like McFadden are hurting and/or now in a time share, Mathews is underperforming, McGahee is out, etc is a BIG deal. If I can know that I can simply plug him in at RB2 or Flex spot and be relatively certain of getting 10ish points from him, that's way better than trying to guess what waiver wire fodder will strike this week or not.