Sign in to follow this  
[echo]

who is the best RB to be drafted in 2013?

sorry i was unclear.. college talent to be drafted fresh into the NFL..

' date='26 November 2012 - 02:10 PM' timestamp='1353960504' post='4908389']

Ha. Even better. I'm looking at a high draft pick in Zealots and need new talent.

Seems like the top 5 could be Foster, Rice, AP with new comers Martin and Spiller.

T-Rich looks like a monster too. Next year there will actually be enough RBs to round out the 1st round, instead of the foolish reaches in DMC, CJ0k, Murray and even Mathews I saw this year.

T-Rich looks like a monster too. Next year there will actually be enough RBs to round out the 1st round, instead of the foolish reaches in DMC, CJ0k, Murray and even Mathews I saw this year.

Everyone was scared of T-Rich because they play the Ravens and Steelers twice a year. I have no problem drafting him next year in 1st round. Cowbell Rb is about to extinct in the NFL.

Foster, Rice, AP at the top (i would probably lean Rice because i'm assuming Tate is back healthy)

Richardson, martin 4th and 5th

then a grouping that will probably include Spiller, Charles, Lynch, McCoy, CJ1k

The two wildcards after these 10 will be Mathews who has the talent but is not being properly used by Norv. If Norv is gone, his stock should rise..... and McFadden if he makes it back at the end of this year and has a few big games, people will get sucked in again.

Matt Forte could be a value pick. same with Bradshaw, alfred morris in a non-ppr, Darren Sproles in PPR, Frank Gore if used the same as this year and Stevan Ridley

' date='26 November 2012 - 04:10 PM' timestamp='1353960504' post='4908389']

It was Marcus Lattimore but his knee was blown up.

Not many RBs this year.

Joseph Randle from Oklahoma State - probably the top RB prospect

Maybe Mike Gillislee from Florida - i think he will be a good one.

L'veon Bell from Michigan State - power back but not good spee.

Tough to say until players start declaring. The post above covered the possible best options, but where the players end up on draft day will dictate a lot as well.

Stepfan Taylor - Stanford

Skills and Brains

Skill Set Summary: going into his senior season (WalterFootball.com)

Taylor may be a back who is a jack-of-all-trades but master of none. He does everything well, but is not overly fast or physical. As a well-rounded back, his stock could rise. Taylor has shown the ability to be a three-down back and serve as a receiver or blocker. Taylor could see his draft stock rise due to his versatility. The same thing happened to Boise State's Doug Martin or Cincinnati's Isaiah Pead for the 2012 NFL Draft.

Taylor is balanced runner. He hits the hole with quickness before it can close and has good vision. Taylor is also a patient blocker. He sets up his blocks well and allows his linemen to get to their spots before accelerating ahead.

There is no doubt that Taylor has some toughness. He hasn't missed a game the past two seasons despite being the lead back for Stanford. Taylor also is a physical runner who has the power to push through defenders' arm tackles and picks up yards after contact. One of his underrated abilities is his short-yardage skills. At the goal line or in third-and-short situations, he is very successful at pushing his way through the pile to get the necessary gain.

As a receiver, Taylor runs good routes and has solid hands. Coming from an NFL style West Coast offense, he should have an easy transition to the passing game at the next level. Taylor really is a good blitz-protector. Stanford trusted him to protect Luck, and the ball-carrier got the job done as a blocker.

Taylor isn't a running back like Trent Richardson who blows people away immediately when watching him. However, the more you watch, Taylor the more you like him and how he can do everything an offense could ask of its running back. Taylor is well-developed heading into the next level and ready for the pro game.

2013 Draft Expectations: Taylor looks like a second-day pick entering 2012. He could easily rise high into the early selections on Friday night with a big senior season. It wouldn't be surprising if Taylor's stock rises similar to Pead and Martin.

I would take him right after Foster, Rice, McCoy, ADP, Martin in no particular order.

Taylor from Stanford. Reminds me of Doug Martin. Great mix of size, speed and football smarts.

A better question right now might be this: what teams have both a need and a good situation for new talent at RB?

Arizona... you could argue that they have a need, but certainly not a great situation

Atlanta... a nice situation with Turner steadily declining and Jaquizz maybe not being a guy who is gonna see 20+ touches a week. Could be a messy timeshare though.

Cincinatti... are they content with BJGE? he has been solid but a real talent here would make this offense undefenseable

Detroit... might be looking to fill best's role

Green Bay... solid situation but it just feels like they're never going to have a fantasy option at RB ever again

Indy... situation is fine and I don't see them rolling with ballard and brown again.

Miami... bush on his way out and thomas isn't exactly a great talent. i'm not sure what the WR talent will look like in april's draft but you have to think they're going to address that first.

NYJ... was the first team that came to mind but the situation definitely leaves something to be desired unless it's an AP/Trich kind of talent we're talking about.

Pit... will probably draft defense early but there's an opportunity here.

Stl... jackson almost definitely gone, richardson maybe not built to carry a full load, and pead the forgotten man

Did I miss anyone?

Foster, Rice, AP at the top (i would probably lean Rice because i'm assuming Tate is back healthy)

Richardson, martin 4th and 5th

then a grouping that will probably include Spiller, Charles, Lynch, McCoy, CJ1k

The two wildcards after these 10 will be Mathews who has the talent but is not being properly used by Norv. If Norv is gone, his stock should rise..... and McFadden if he makes it back at the end of this year and has a few big games, people will get sucked in again.

Matt Forte could be a value pick. same with Bradshaw, alfred morris in a non-ppr, Darren Sproles in PPR, Frank Gore if used the same as this year and Stevan Ridley

I know he has been injured the entire year, but Murray is explosive enough to at least be considered 6-10. However, it will also depend on how he finishes the year.

Guys on your 1st pick it doesnt have to be the most talented but the best out of the bunch, that so far never gets hurt... if its ppr a guy that catches a lot of passes, THATS PROVEN...... who would that be ??? RAY RICE

If this guy goes pro he will be on my fantasy team. Period. I've watched him play many a game and he has the 'it' factor. He can run, catch and is a smart/humble player. He looks exactly like a Ray Rice, MJD, or Doug Martin with all the same skill set, natural talent and size those guys have.

Giovani Benard - RB North Carolina

Gio Benard

Ya heard it here first.

If he doesn't go pro, he'll be on everyone's Heisman list.

A better question right now might be this: what teams have both a need and a good situation for new talent at RB?

Arizona... you could argue that they have a need, but certainly not a great situation

Atlanta... a nice situation with Turner steadily declining and Jaquizz maybe not being a guy who is gonna see 20+ touches a week. Could be a messy timeshare though.

Cincinatti... are they content with BJGE? he has been solid but a real talent here would make this offense undefenseable

Detroit... might be looking to fill best's role

Green Bay... solid situation but it just feels like they're never going to have a fantasy option at RB ever again

Indy... situation is fine and I don't see them rolling with ballard and brown again.

Miami... bush on his way out and thomas isn't exactly a great talent. i'm not sure what the WR talent will look like in april's draft but you have to think they're going to address that first.

NYJ... was the first team that came to mind but the situation definitely leaves something to be desired unless it's an AP/Trich kind of talent we're talking about.

Pit... will probably draft defense early but there's an opportunity here.

Stl... jackson almost definitely gone, richardson maybe not built to carry a full load, and pead the forgotten man

Did I miss anyone?

Denver...McGahee getting a little long in the tooth. Moreno has a lot to prove still. Hillman is a little small to be the every down back.