Sign in to follow this  
edjr

NOshow Moreno - anyone using him tonight for playoffs?

Started NOshow in the semi finals of my league 2 years ago, focker got me like 2 pts and I lost by less than 4.

I'm taking it in the shorts with Cecil out, so I need a flex starter.

Looks like I'm going to start 2 TE's 2 weeks in a row with Hernandez and Myers

he is currently in my lineup over Jennings but not sure. just heard some lineman is out. makes me more nervous! anyone else?

in a ppr...thinking 70/1 rushing, 3/25 recieving. do u take tthat as your flex or go with potential big game from Jennings?

My balls are swollen like grapefruits tonight. Couldn't resist the matchup with Oakland. Starting him over Ridley.

I MIGHT poos out and slide Ridley back in.

It's seems every year the only time I play this a-hole is in the playoffs and he has never come through for me. Seems I have to roll with him again since my other options are A. green, D. Wilson, Blackmon (which might not be bad), Maclin, or Amendola (who I have renamed "ouch"). Too bad because Ouch is a perfect PPR flex guy. Well on to my first Sam Adams. Good luck fellas.

Starting him in flex over Charles and Ridley. If he can't produce versus Raiders I guess I'm not cut out for fantasy football and I'm okay with that.

Starting him in flex over Charles and Ridley. If he can't produce versus Raiders I guess I'm not cut out for fantasy football and I'm okay with that.

I'm starting him over those same 2 backs! :thumbsup:

starting him over s greene, alex green, and mjd.

starting him with ridley vs. #1 Texans Run D w/out Cushin.

with my luck recently, ball and hillman will have monster days. i am sad. :unsure:

I cant pull the trigger on this guy over Ridley or Morris. Two years ago he got me like 1 point in the championship game before going out for who knows what. He may score 20, but he is here ---> :bench:

It looked to me like Hillman messed up bad on the play action pass on the Broncos' first drive. Manning got hit after he released the ball too. Not good for a rookie to completely be on the wrong side. Hopefully this means more playing time for Knowshon.

I can't complain about 45 yards and 2 catches halfway through the first quarter!

I'm hoping he can score me a lot of points tonight but i wont start him again.

He looks slow and average.

I was torn between him and Greg Jennings at flex. Now I wish I would have sat Thomas and started Jennings instead. The sad part is that actually crossed my mind today too

Got him in as my rb2, too scared to start DMC.

And yet DMC already got a TD. But thats FF for you.

Phew, started him over Steven Jackson and SJax has a good matchup as well. Think I made the right choice.

167 total yards and a TD. I thought he'd be good tonight but not that good. Wow. Started him over Ridley and was sweating it all the way up to kickoff. I almost pussed out and changed it back to Ridley.

Considering NoShow's track record, that was a pleasant surprise. Especially in a matchup where I needed him to get me an early lead. Hopefully he inspired the rest of Chalupa Batman!

Now do I play him next week in the semis over Ryan Matthews vs Carolina........I don't think I can pull that trigger. What's wrong with me?

1354858022[/url]' post='4918055']

Now do I play him next week in the semis over Ryan Matthews vs Carolina........I don't think I can pull that trigger. What's wrong with me?

After a long week? Are u high?

It's a no brainer, play knowshon. There's a few extra factors that help. 1.mathews sucks/situation sucks. 2. It's alllll about opportunity. Having Peyton gives any rb more first downs, hence more carrys. Think of what will happen, the broncos are winning and winning teams run more later into the game playing the clock etc.

To sum up, don't think of it as playing knowshon Moreno, just think of it as playing Peyton mannings running back. It's irrelevant who it is, any nfl calibur runner that gets the bulk of work in a Peyton led offense is GOLD.

SOOO glad I didnt pull Moreno. I actually pulled him earlier in favor of Greg Jennings but decided to stick with Moreno instead. Damn glad I did

People have written the kid off a bit too early. He was a 1st round talent and a very good player at Georgia. He's not overly dynamic or explosive, but he's got a complete skill set at this point...speed enough to hit the edge, power enough to run between the tackles, good hands and most importantly for Denver, he's a decent blocker. And more than anything, he's healthy. He fell out of favor with the old coaching regime in Denver and tore up his knee a little over a year ago, so he never even got a chance to be really evaluated by Fox and his staff. They are clearly seeing now that he's a potential 3-down back as long as he's healthy.

People have written the kid off a bit too early. He was a 1st round talent and a very good player at Georgia. He's not overly dynamic or explosive, but he's got a complete skill set at this point...speed enough to hit the edge, power enough to run between the tackles, good hands and most importantly for Denver, he's a decent blocker. And more than anything, he's healthy. He fell out of favor with the old coaching regime in Denver and tore up his knee a little over a year ago, so he never even got a chance to be really evaluated by Fox and his staff. They are clearly seeing now that he's a potential 3-down back as long as he's healthy.

This. How do you think McGahee will be when he comes back? Hes getting quite old for football standards so Im wondering if they are going to try to work Moreno in more next year

I sat Moreno for Bryce Brown, and now watch Brown get Stuffed :wall:

Yep, I'm now hoping Bryce Brown, Lynch, and Bradshaw can each somehow outscore Moreno, so I'm not beating my head on the wall like that on Sunday for not playing him last night.

This. How do you think McGahee will be when he comes back? Hes getting quite old for football standards so Im wondering if they are going to try to work Moreno in more next year

Moreno looked great last night, but Oakland can make any RB look good. McGahee and Moreno are basically the same player at this point, except Moreno is younger and healthy. Moreno's stats last night were eerily similar to Magahee's the first time vs Oakland.

Week 4 Denver vs Oak:

McGahee 112 yards rushing 1 TD, 6 rec for 29 yards

Week 14 Den vs Oak:

Moreno 119 yards rushing 1 TD, 4 rec for 49 yards

Is Moreno really that good, or is he a product of the system? Willis was a top 10 RB when he went down, and I expect Moreno to continue to be what McGahee would have been.

Moreno looked great last night, but Oakland can make any RB look good. McGahee and Moreno are basically the same player at this point, except Moreno is younger and healthy. Moreno's stats last night were eerily similar to Magahee's the first time vs Oakland.

Week 4 Denver vs Oak:

McGahee 112 yards rushing 1 TD, 6 rec for 29 yards

Week 14 Den vs Oak:

Moreno 119 yards rushing 1 TD, 4 rec for 49 yards

Is Moreno really that good, or is he a product of the system? Willis was a top 10 RB when he went down, and I expect Moreno to continue to be what McGahee would have been.

Thats my line of thinking. They both look like similar RBs with the advantage going to Moreno for being younger and less of an injury risk. Thats why im wondering what happens to McGahee next year