Sign in to follow this  
dreen626

Doug Martin RB1?

what the fock don't you trust? 28 carries?? w/ a 4.6 avg? Jezzus, in the day, a RB w/ those numbers is a clear RB1.

Whats in your Kool-Aid.....Martin loses All-Pro rush blockers Joesph & Nicks, and still carves-up over 100 yards,...make notes... he will be a top six selection in most fantasy snake-drafts 2013....

He's a stud. But I have a rule that I don't draft 2nd year RBs or QBs in the first 3 rounds. Maybe that rule bends but no way in the 1st. Just a personal rule. That also means I ignore guys like RG3.

I played against him the week he went bananas :(

I played against him the week he went bananas :(

Yup me too...

I will not hesitate using him as #1 if I go stud wr early. His floor is low, his average ppr is good and he ceiling is high.

TB just started to suck toward end of year.

Well I sure hope the other 13 guys in both my leagues think like you. 1900+ total yds 50 catches and 12 scores from a guy that had at best a so/so oline. If Feeman and the rest of the off. gets better Martin, now knowing what the NFL is like, should be a sure fire 1`st rounder. I think Martin will break for more longer runs next year and end up with similar #`s to 2012 but up the TD`s to the 15-16 range.

Well I sure hope the other 13 guys in both my leagues think like you. 1900+ total yds 50 catches and 12 scores from a guy that had at best a so/so oline. If Feeman and the rest of the off. gets better Martin, now knowing what the NFL is like, should be a sure fire 1`st rounder. I think Martin will break for more longer runs next year and end up with similar #`s to 2012 but up the TD`s to the 15-16 range.

That's what I expect him to do. I fully expect him to be worth a top pick next year. But I won't draft him where he should be going and will be going. If say for three years my rule is not needed I will get rid of that rule. But I have had too many bust QB/RBs who had 1 great fantasy year and then stink the next year after I sunk a first rounder on them. I fully expect exceptions to that, but for such a high pick I'd rather just not gamble so much (even though whoever I do take can be equally as big a gamble).