Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Bryce Brown may be this season's most impactful player

I can't imagine that my league is the only one where this happened. When McCoy went down, teams that were already eliminated from the playoffs probably didn't bother trying to claim Brown. So I bet a lot of 'on the fence' playoff teams ended up with him.

His performances in weeks 12 & 13 have no doubt put a lot of teams in the playoffs.

On the flip side, his 1 point performance in week 13 and 4 point joke this week, will surely be the reason a boatload of teams are eliminated.

So thank you Mr Bryce Brown. For giuving so many folks a rebirth by giving them 30 pts in their RB2 or flex position.

And fock you Mr Bryce Brown. For giving them only 1 or 4 points more than if they'd have started Fred Lane in the playoffs.

I think it's hilarious. Giving so many teams hope only to snatch it away in the playoffs. Glad I stopped drinking that cool-aid after last week. I'm just lucky Sea D pulled my hiney out of the fire.

Well 4.5 pts is not usually the reason for a loss.....heck I won by 40 last week with 2 players scoring less than 2 pts

You look down your season and a 4.5 pt performance is probably in your lineup majority of weeks

I know Its the case for me...

Brown has single handedly murdered many many teams with these last 2 games. 4 pnts from your RB does kill you, and especially after expecting 20 a game. Im just glad I got knowshon instead. RIP any teams that got into the playoffs due to Brown, you are done.

Yeah Bryce has single handly got teams in and got them out of the playoffs. I had Brown as my starter in one elague and for some reason I benched him right before the game for Moreno.

I remember the Billy Volek - Drew Bennett duo that got many owners into the playoffs with there numbers, I believe Bennet has in three games 28 receptions. 500+ yards and Eight touchdowns. Then in the championship he was 2-26 and 0 TD's . I remember well as I played against him and thought I was done with the other owner having both Volek and Bennet.

for teams counting on him as a RB1, yes. a lot of teams, mine included, were probably thinking more flex type numbers this week. 4.5 pts is not a killer if you have a good team still. like another poster said, every week you have a guy who has a bad week.

you guys need to get some perspective, the entire universe doesn't revolve aroudn your team, and the fact that you had BBw on your team. Probably 20% of playoff teams had BB on their team, he likely got picked up by a big chunk of teams not in the playoffs, based on WW priority and all that other crap. Hyperbole much?!? Most impactful player?!? How about Peyton? How about Adrian Peterson?!?

Smarten up...

The Bryce Brown owner in my league did not make the playoffs. However, the McCoy owner dropped from the #2 seed and a 1st round bye to #4 because he failed to get Brown for those big weeks 12 and 13. That change in seed got him knocked out in the 1st round.

you guys need to get some perspective, the entire universe doesn't revolve aroudn your team, and the fact that you had BBw on your team. Probably 20% of playoff teams had BB on their team, he likely got picked up by a big chunk of teams not in the playoffs, based on WW priority and all that other crap. Hyperbole much?!? Most impactful player?!? How about Peyton? How about Adrian Peterson?!?

Smarten up...

Jesus, relax. I think you missed the gist of the OP. Brown almost singlehandedly delivered a lot of marginal fantasy squads to the playoffs, only to disappear thereafter. He's nowhere near on the same plane as Peyton and AD, but he is....at least in the tone of the OP.....as Brees, who helped prop up teams throughout the year only to sabotage them in crunch time.

If you wanna talk hyperbole, then let's bump your take on Kap instantly making SF an elite offense. :rolleyes:

for teams counting on him as a RB1, yes. a lot of teams, mine included, were probably thinking more flex type numbers this week. 4.5 pts is not a killer if you have a good team still. like another poster said, every week you have a guy who has a bad week.

Agreed, its as if everyone has lost their minds.....4.5pts by one guy and you lose? Who is on your roster.....all of Arizona? You guys had your entire hopes for fantasy success riding on BB?

.in a non ppr I had one starter each week score 4.5 or lower except 1 time....9-5 record

Smarten up...

Feel free to ignore threads that you're not interested in, pussie

Jesus, relax. I think you missed the gist of the OP. Brown almost singlehandedly delivered a lot of marginal fantasy squads to the playoffs, only to disappear thereafter. He's nowhere near on the same plane as Peyton and AD, but he is....at least in the tone of the OP.....as Brees, who helped prop up teams throughout the year only to sabotage them in crunch time.

If you wanna talk hyperbole, then let's bump your take on Kap instantly making SF an elite offense. :rolleyes:

I'm well relaxed, just like to point out overly stupid things, which this board is full of...

FYI, your assertion that he singlehandedly delivered a lot of marginal fantasy quads to the playoffs is also a bit over the top. He's likely on like 10% of FF teams left in the playoffs, and likely delivered a small handful of teams to the playoffs. If you're unable to think outside of your very small world, then you're prone to such hyperbole as BB was the most impactful player in FF this year...

Feel free to ignore threads that you're not interested in, pussie

great retort, tell me about how in the next 2 weeks, david wilson will be the most impactful player in FF since Priest Holmes!

I'm well relaxed, just like to point out overly stupid things, which this board is full of...

FYI, your assertion that he singlehandedly delivered a lot of marginal fantasy quads to the playoffs is also a bit over the top. He's likely on like 10% of FF teams left in the playoffs, and likely delivered a small handful of teams to the playoffs. If you're unable to think outside of your very small world, then you're prone to such hyperbole as BB was the most impactful player in FF this year...

great retort, tell me about how in the next 2 weeks, david wilson will be the most impactful player in FF since Priest Holmes!

The bored is full of stupid things....like dudes who throw out percentages that have no basis in reality. We have no idea if BB is on 10% of FF playoff teams. That's a stupid assertion on your part.

All I know is that in both my leagues, BB was on both teams that were the last to wrap up a playoff berth. I guess my leagues, and Newbie's leagues are just among the very small number of all possible leagues of which you're keeping tabs on.

Whatever, evidently you're not only in tune with every FF league ever created, you obviously know which players play the biggest roles in fantasy seasons. Notice that Newbie didn't say that BB WAS the most impactful player, just that he may be.....which leaves open the possibility that there are in fact other players who are more impactful. None of us will opine which other players those may be until we get clarification from you.

This bored sucks because of all the know-it-alls here. People can't express an opinion without some know-it-all jumping down their throat.....then talks sh!t about supposed experts. Hypocrisy at its best.

The bored is full of stupid things....like dudes who throw out percentages that have no basis in reality. We have no idea if BB is on 10% of FF playoff teams. That's a stupid assertion on your part.

All I know is that in both my leagues, BB was on both teams that were the last to wrap up a playoff berth. I guess my leagues, and Newbie's leagues are just among the very small number of all possible leagues of which you're keeping tabs on.

Whatever, evidently you're not only in tune with every FF league ever created, you obviously know which players play the biggest roles in fantasy seasons. Notice that Newbie didn't say that BB WAS the most impactful player, just that he may be.....which leaves open the possibility that there are in fact other players who are more impactful. None of us will opine which other players those may be until we get clarification from you.

This bored sucks because of all the know-it-alls here. People can't express an opinion without some know-it-all jumping down their throat.....then talks sh!t about supposed experts. Hypocrisy at its best.

Well said.

pOOh is obviously a fantasy know it all. Did you know that it was more valuable to have Peyton Manning or Adrian Peteresen this season than Bryce Brown?? Wow! What an astute observation. Perhaps pOOh has a newsletter we can all subscribe to.

He obviously didn't get the gist of the thread. The fact that a player who was on such a small percentage of rosters just five weeks ago, had such a huge impact on determining both who got into the playoffs, and who saw an early exit. But instead of just looking at the thread and skipping over it because he wasn't intelligent enough to understand it, he decided to come here and pound his chest and try to play Mr Fantasy Wizard.

As for hyperbole, don't be surprised if a David Wilson-type ends up being one of the most valuable players to own in the playoffs. Because, for the most part, the Bradys and Mannings and Petersens and Fosters tend to even each other out. It's the guy who manages to replace a Beanie Wells or a Lance Moore with a stud-of-the-week that can really make a splash.

Think outside the box, pOOh. For your own good. hth

I was one of those borderline teams and Brown was the difference in my team making the playoffs. I did play him last week and was lucky to survive,but I did not play him last night. I figured those two weeks were gifts from the FF gods and I was not going to push my luck last night.

As for hyperbole, don't be surprised if a David Wilson-type ends up being one of the most valuable players to own in the playoffs. Because, for the most part, the Bradys and Mannings and Petersens and Fosters tend to even each other out. It's the guy who manages to replace a Beanie Wells or a Lance Moore with a stud-of-the-week that can really make a splash.

Happens a lot, actually. Remember Jerome Harrison a couple of years ago- from waiver wire to full blown playoff monster. These are the guys that put good fantasy teams over the top.

Yeah Bryce has single handly got teams in and got them out of the playoffs. [/font][/color]

Doubt it, I bet half were McCoy owner like me who either had him stashed or picked him up after McCoy went down

Similar thing in my league. BB and Myers got a guy into playoffs. Both got him out.

And thank god because if those guys kept up their paces, I would have had no chance against him this week.

Doubt it, I bet half were McCoy owner like me who either had him stashed or picked him up after McCoy went down

you mean he's may not be the most impactful player of the SEASON?!?!?!?

You mean every single playoff game wasn't impacted by BB's performance???

You mean every single team that got 4 pts from his this week isn't going to lose?!?!??!

Think outside the box man, OUTSIDE THE BOX!!!

I managed to win last week despite the turd BB laid. Hoping I can overcome it again this week. :unsure:

I looked back and I had at least one guy score under 4.5 pts every week but 1 in ppr format. Managed 9-5....so I look at this weeks 4.5 pts and say "ya? ok, let's see how the other 8 guys do" it's not a big deal :dunno:

you were saying something about hyperbole dude???

Don't let the fact that I like to call out idiots for being idiots get you confused with me being ignorant about football, or incapable of evaluating talent. I ranted and raved about kap, but I also said it might take till next year for him to fully get going, and that might still stand, however he absolutely destroyed one of the better teams in football last night. Record breaking fashion. And just so we're clear, I didn't tout him for the sake of making a prediction, or so I can at a later day run around saying, 'hey look at me, look at me, I got one right out of the 20 I threw at the wall.'

HTH

you were saying something about hyperbole dude???

Don't let the fact that I like to call out idiots for being idiots get you confused with me being ignorant about football, or incapable of evaluating talent. I ranted and raved about kap, but I also said it might take till next year for him to fully get going, and that might still stand, however he absolutely destroyed one of the better teams in football last night. Record breaking fashion. And just so we're clear, I didn't tout him for the sake of making a prediction, or so I can at a later day run around saying, 'hey look at me, look at me, I got one right out of the 20 I threw at the wall.'

HTH

Who cares.....obviously you do to bump this thread after a month.

Green Bay's defense is awful. But good for Kap and SF. They looked very good, and good for you for making that call way back.