Sign in to follow this  
dreen626

Doug Martin is average

Why did i start this guy over Morris??!?

You started him because you obviously don't know what you're doing. How is that even possible?

NEVER bench Young Alfred! :nono:

You started him because you obviously don't know what you're doing. How is that even possible?

NEVER bench Young Alfred! :nono:

Im sure if i would've asked you before the game you would've said Martin over Morris like everyone else did.

Im sure if i would've asked you before the game you would've said Martin over Morris like everyone else did.

I don't think so, buddy. :rolleyes:

Morris vs sorry PHI D :overhead: or

Martin vs. tough Rams D. :thumbsdown:

No brainer. :dunno:

Check my previous posts:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=413833&st=0&p=4910677&fromsearch=1entry4910677

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=409005&st=0&p=4852716&fromsearch=1entry4852716

You have been OWNED! :headbanger:

I don't think so, buddy. :rolleyes:

Morris vs sorry PHI D :overhead: or

Martin vs. tough Rams D. :thumbsdown:

No brainer. :dunno:

Check my previous posts:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=413833&st=0&p=4910677&fromsearch=1entry4910677

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=409005&st=0&p=4852716&fromsearch=1entry4852716

You have been OWNED! :headbanger:

Get out of here with that high school BS talking about "owned".

I'm still winning so it should ok.

I just hate i went against my previous thoughts on Martin vs Morris today.

Folks have been calling Doug Martin a top five pick next year, but I don't see it.

I would draft Alfred Morris over Martin EVERY time.

True workhorse back that will last you an entire season. :thumbsup:

The only reason I draft Morris ahead of Martin and only reason is because of rg3 and balance and honesty that he brings to table

are you talking about Doug Martin???? The guy who is no 2 in ppr leagues??? vs Alfred Morris??? the guy who is no 10?

just checking

Martin is Average, ok got it

In a PPR league there is no question Martin is the much better back. I had Foster/Martin/Forte/Morris as my RB's. I never even started Morris. He is pedestrian in a PPR league where as Martin is about as good as they come due to his receptions.

In a PPR league there is no question Martin is the much better back. I had Foster/Martin/Forte/Morris as my RB's. I never even started Morris. He is pedestrian in a PPR league where as Martin is about as good as they come due to his receptions.

yep, non PPR, Martin dropped all the way to 3rd, while Morris rose a bit to 6th

Martin outscored Morris by 40 pts, or approx 2.5 ppg

OP has no clue, just wanna make that clear to everyone

Everybody can run wild vs the Raiders, Chiefs, Colts. Give me a back who is matchup proof. Martin ain't it. Interested to see if the line becomes a better run blocking unit when healthy.

Everybody can run wild vs the Raiders, Chiefs, Colts. Give me a back who is matchup proof. Martin ain't it. Interested to see if the line becomes a better run blocking unit when healthy.

ahh so take the matchup proof Morris

47, 59, 76, 76, 78 yard games, with absolutely no chance in the passing game

OP has no clue, just wanna make that clear to everyone

That was made evident when he described a top 10 back as "average"

Dreen is just pissed he lost in the finals because Martin didn't put up 30+ fantasy points.... May I ask who got ya to the dance, Sir?

I think Martin is a top 5 back next year. It is true that the lost their best run blocking OL early in the season. The biggest thing that TB can do to help Martin is secure their secondary. The value of Martin is that he is a rare 3 down back. I was very impressed with what I saw from him against the Raiders and Vikings. It is also true that he is a first year player and might have hit the rookie wall. Anyways, I trust him more than TRich or Morris next year.

The whole Bucs offense seems to have hit the wall in the latter part of the season.

This Bucs team in general has been all over the map for he last few years and because of that it would be hard for me to trust Martin as a stud RB1. He'll get his numbers overall, but I don't think the consistency will be too great.

The whole Bucs offense seems to have hit the wall in the latter part of the season.

This Bucs team in general has been all over the map for he last few years and because of that it would be hard for me to trust Martin as a stud RB1. He'll get his numbers overall, but I don't think the consistency will be too great.

no RB's consistency will be too great, AP went 5 games without a TD, Foster got shutout in the Championship. You want guys that have the ability to carry your team on a given week. Martin is one of the few backs capable of that

if this is average, sign me up for 5 of these guys

Doug Martin exploded for 142 yards and a touchdown on 28 carries and added four receptions for 18 yards to lead the Bucs to a 22-17 upset victory at Atlanta in Week 17.

The Muscle Hamster put a spin move on Thomas DeCoud in the open field en route to a 40-yard touchdown run late in the third quarter. With the Bucs nursing a lead, Martin saw an uptick in carries throughout the second half. If not for the trio of impressive QBs, the 31st pick in the draft would likely be considered the rookie of the year favorite. A first-round fantasy lock next summer, Martin closed out his first season with 319 carries, 1,454 rushing yards, 49 receptions, 472 receiving yards, and 12 total scores.

in PPR he will definitely be a top 7 RB but I owned him in a standard league and he did have several average games but he did have some big games as well.

Four of the last five weeks Martin was held under 63yds rushing and the Eddie Kennison poster laughed at the thought of playing Martin over Morris last week but now the Martin stans come out after his best game in 5 weeks. LOL

I remeber i couldn't trade the guy for anything early in the season before his breakout.

However, in fantasy he is not average but he is a good RB.

I admit i was pissed after that Saints game when I posted the OP but I don't see Martin being a top 5 pick.

in PPR he will definitely be a top 7 RB but I owned him in a standard league and he did have several average games but he did have some big games as well.

Four of the last five weeks Martin was held under 63yds rushing and the Eddie Kennison poster laughed at the thought of playing Martin over Morris last week but now the Martin stans come out after his best game in 5 weeks. LOL

I remeber i couldn't trade the guy for anything early in the season before his breakout.

However, in fantasy he is not average but he is a good RB.

I admit i was pissed after that Saints game when I posted the OP but I don't see Martin being a top 5 pick.

almost 2000 total yards and 12 tds as a rookie, how can you not see him as a top 5 pick?

after AP and Foster, which RB would you take?

Don't forget that Tampa's offensive line was decimated by injuries in the middle of the season and Martin was still able to post better overall numbers than Ray Rice. And he did that despite a bit of a slow start where he didn't really get into gear until after Tampa's bye week. What else can you say?

almost 2000 total yards and 12 tds as a rookie, how can you not see him as a top 5 pick?

after AP and Foster, which RB would you take?

After those two, some may prefer Rice, Richardson, Spiller over Martin.

I think all of those above are more talented than Martin but Martin does have the backfield to himself so that helps a lot.

If Washington threw Morris the ball, i'd put him up there as well.

However, i think it will be personal preference in regards to who is the #3 RB after AP and Foster.

I think Ray Rice is pretty obviously the #3 back after Peterson and Foster.

As far as who else would go ahead of Doug Martin? I think when all is said and done, McCoy would be a better selection.

Then its personal preference Trent Richardson, CJ Spiller, Martin, Charles, Lynch.

If you don't land a top 3 pick in 2013, picks 4-9, assuming you wan't to go RB, are all good. Some with more risk than others. richardson seems like a guy who will always have nagging injuries. Still, i'd rather be closer to 7-9 picks and have that earlier round 2 selection. And you figure Megatron will go top 7 and probably Rodgers and maybe 1 other QB. So really, that 12 slot for back to back picks could be very nice. Go RB/RB and then WR/WR in rounds 3 and 4 with WR being so damn deep.

Folks have been calling Doug Martin a top five pick next year, but I don't see it.

I would draft Alfred Morris over Martin EVERY time.

True workhorse back that will last you an entire season. :thumbsup:

Let me reiterate my post.

Young Alfred is MONEY! :headbanger:

this is fantasy, ill take the guy who finished above the guy who had his best game of the year in week 17

That makes no sense; Morris having a big week 17 only proves that he is a true workhorse for the entire season.

That being said, I'd take Martin over Morris, mostly because Martin is simply more talented. Which is also why I like Richardson over Martin.

Call me crazy but I'm pretty much set in keeping Martin and Morris over Rice in my keeper league. Maybe its just my lack of trust in him after having a down year..but I think those 2 have a much better chance to put up better numbers.