Sign in to follow this  
72dolfan

Seahawks Chances @ Atlanta

I think the Seahawks are playing the best football of any team int he NFC at this point, and even though their regular seasob road record was not good, this team is playing with confidence. My only question is will the west to east coast trips hurt their chances this week against the Falcons?

That's a lot of traveling coast to coast in a week's time.

Seattle road losses:

AZ - 20-16

STL - 19-13

SF - 13-6

Det - 28-24

MIA - 24-21

you can make an argument that they could've won any one of those games. But I feel the hawks are a different team. Wilson was held back a lot during the beginning of the season. They are finally letting him play and that puts pressure off the defense.

Also, as I said before... Vegas setup a trap game with ATL only favored by 1 to 2.5 points. Taking ATL is a no brainer for the avg. gambler which is what Vegas wants.

Your best pass rusher Clemons is out. If his presence is anywhere near what Justin Smiths is for the Niners, your in for a long day

I wonder if being on the road is less of a big deal in the playoffs than in the regular season. It's so much more important so I'd guess that players treat it that way.

This is an interesting matchup. A pass first, explosive, big play team vs a smash mouth, run first, physical team.

Your best pass rusher Clemons is out. If his presence is anywhere near what Justin Smiths is for the Niners, your in for a long day

Next man up. This will not be an excuse.

From what I've read, Seattle isn't completely exploited by it if the 1st rounder Irvin is ready to fill in. Tons of talent but not as much experience.

It's not so much I believe the Hawks are that good - it's more that I feel Atlanta is very overrated.

Seattle 20, Atlanta 17.

From what I've read, Seattle isn't completely exploited by it if the 1st rounder Irvin is ready to fill in. Tons of talent but not as much experience.

Actually, it is a devasting loss as Seattle's biggest weakness on D is getting pressure on the QB from the D Line. This will be addressed this offeseason for sure especially the 3-technique. That being said, Irvin and Greg Scruggs will now have to produce and I expect the Hawks to sign former Falcon Ray Edwards this week.

He's a speed rusher. Inconsistent, doesn't have much technique learned yet. Terrible against the run. So, the matchup of Irvin vs Atlanta isn't necessarily bad.

I certainly hope the chances r good.

If they can contain gonzo and the speed of jones, they can win. And wilson has to watch asante jumping the out routes

Seattle road losses:

AZ - 20-16

STL - 19-13

SF - 13-6

Det - 28-24

MIA - 24-21

you can make an argument that they could've won any one of those games. But I feel the hawks are a different team. Wilson was held back a lot during the beginning of the season. They are finally letting him play and that puts pressure off the defense.

Also, as I said before... Vegas setup a trap game with ATL only favored by 1 to 2.5 points. Taking ATL is a no brainer for the avg. gambler which is what Vegas wants.

So timezone travel lag will have no impact?

No this is the playoffs. You show up and play where you have to play. End of story.

As overrated as Atlanta is, they have a QB that isn't injured. Should be a solid recipe for a home win against Seattle.

RG III wasn't too injured to beat Dallas though was he. :rolleyes:

Seattle flew to Washington on Friday, to adjust.

They'll probably do the same this week.

RG III wasn't too injured to beat Dallas though was he. :rolleyes:

Nor was he too injured to lead the Skins to 14 points on his first two drives. It was like watching a pro team destroying a high school team.

You must have gotten off the couch to jerkoff onto your Steve Largent Fat Head and missed the play on their second scorng drive when Griffin twisted his bad knee. From that point forward, what he did against the Eagles and Cowboys was irrelevent. He reinjured himself. As a result, the Seahawks advanced instead of getting blown out by 20 or more. Anyone watching that game could see how badly they were being dominatated before the injury.

Nor was he too injured to lead the Skins to 14 points on his first two drives. It was like watching a pro team destroying a high school team.

You must have gotten off the couch to jerkoff onto your Steve Largent Fat Head and missed the play on their second scorng drive when Griffin twisted his bad knee. From that point forward, what he did against the Eagles and Cowboys was irrelevent. He reinjured himself. As a result, the Seahawks advanced instead of getting blown out by 20 or more. Anyone watching that game could see how badly they were being dominatated before the injury.

It was 7-0 before the "injury". Griffin threw the 2nd TD "hurt". From the standpoint of the "injury", Washington scored half of their points before Griffin got "hurt".

And then Griffin went on to play 55 minutes of the game.

yeah, let's just assume the Redskins will play the entire game like the first 2 drives. Reality check, no they won't. I also believe RG3 doesn't play defense and Seattle could've scored more than 24 points. All this would've, could've, should've means jack right now. Redskins lost. Seahawks won. end of story.

yeah, let's just assume the Redskins will play the entire game like the first 2 drives. Reality check, no they won't. I also believe RG3 doesn't play defense and Seattle could've scored more than 24 points. All this would've, could've, should've means jack right now. Redskins lost. Seahawks won. end of story.

In Newbie's world Griffin would have thrown 10 TDs against the Hawks if he were healthy. :rolleyes:

Did Griffin's knee enable the Hawks to put up 224 rushing yards on the Deadskin defense? :rolleyes: Stop taking steroids. It's shrinking what you have left of a brain.

IMO this game could either be a Blowout in Falcon style or the Seahawks could play rough enough to throw them off their game, which is what I think will be the outcome.

It's not so much I believe the Hawks are that good - it's more that I feel Atlanta is very overrated.

Seattle 20, Atlanta 17.

13-3 with a top 5 scoring D as overrated? What am I missing here? Their only losses came to division rivals? Here's a little fun fact for ya, Falcons only allowed 3 pass TD over their last 7 games. Only one of those coming at home in a game that meant nothing for Atlanta. Rush D has been rather porous between the 20s, but our RZ D is one of the best in the league. Lynch can have a 200+ yard rushing game, all he wants. That won't necessarily mean he'll get a score.

Come on hawk fans, you cannot be in denial so much as to claim RG3 reinjuring his knee didnt coincide directly with Seattle shutting them out. It had an affect, and the affect was negative. Does it mean Seattle couldn't have come back anyway? Nope but it sure made it easier for them to come back.

Ignoring this fact makes you all look stupid

13-3 with a top 5 scoring D as overrated? What am I missing here? Their only losses came to division rivals? Here's a little fun fact for ya, Falcons only allowed 3 pass TD over their last 7 games. Only one of those coming at home in a game that meant nothing for Atlanta. Rush D has been rather porous between the 20s, but our RZ D is one of the best in the league. Lynch can have a 200+ yard rushing game, all he wants. That won't necessarily mean he'll get a score.

comparing defenses....

ATL ranks #24 total yards allowed and #5 total points allowed.

SEA ranks #4 total yards allowed and #1 total points allowed.

ATL should be worried.

The Falcons have played a pretty weak schedule. The combined record of the teams they beat this year is 87-121. They beat the Broncos in Atlanta in Week 2 before the Broncos really hit their stride. They beat the Redskins when RG3 had to leave the game. They are a somewhat "unimpressive" 13-3 in my opinion. Then again, winning any 13 games in the NFL is still an accomplishment regardless. I think this should be a very good game. I think Seattle is the most balanced/talented team in the NFC, but playing on the road is always difficult.

Come on hawk fans, you cannot be in denial so much as to claim RG3 reinjuring his knee didnt coincide directly with Seattle shutting them out. It had an affect, and the affect was negative. Does it mean Seattle couldn't have come back anyway? Nope but it sure made it easier for them to come back.

Ignoring this fact makes you all look stupid

Well spoken.

Not sure why all you Seachicken kids think this game will be a walk in the park. Your team did not look very impressive yesterday, nor win in convincing fashion. There's a reason Atlanta is the #1 seed..they're a better team, with a much more potent offense, sans the rushing attack. Ryan has something to prove after being one and done the last two seasons. I can see the Falcons easily putting up 30.

And stop creating new Seachickens threads.

comparing defenses....

ATL should be worried.

You gave up 28pts to a Detroit team that finished 4-12 and 24pts to a Miami offense that was marginal, at best. I'm not blind to the fact that Seattle has arguably the best D in the league. I am just saying that there are faults, especially now that Clemons is out. I know Irvin is ready to play with his 8 sacks and all, but I don't think this is going to be the blowout all the talking heads are predicting it to be. You have to travel across the country, again. That's twice in 2 weeks. You're coming off of what seemed to be a pretty physical game at Washington, while we've had an extra week to get healthy and prepare. ATL isn't worried. If anything, ATL is ready.

Vegas has Atlanta and Seattle both 8/1 odds of winning the superbowl.

That says a lot about the confidence Vegas has in Atlanta. Considering they are #1 seed with home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

The Falcons have played a pretty weak schedule. The combined record of the teams they beat this year is 87-121. They beat the Broncos in Atlanta in Week 2 before the Broncos really hit their stride. They beat the Redskins when RG3 had to leave the game. They are a somewhat "unimpressive" 13-3 in my opinion. Then again, winning any 13 games in the NFL is still an accomplishment regardless. I think this should be a very good game. I think Seattle is the most balanced/talented team in the NFC, but playing on the road is always difficult.

You can only play the schedule given to you. You can argue that it was weak all you want. In a way, you're inadvertently saying another team would've finished with a better record given that same schedule. Would you agree with that? You, just admitted 13 wins in the NFL is accomplishment, so what is unimpressive? Atlanta's won games where they've given up 5 turnovers. How often does that happen? I guess the point I'm trying to ultimately make is saying the Falcons are overrated is so fukking cliched. They went 13-3 this year (while losing one of those games that meant absolutely nothing to them), one of only two teams teams in the whooooooole league to do so. The Broncos got to do it against the joke that is the AFCW, yet you don't hear anybody talking about that chit. Falcons beat every single team on their schedule. How can a team be overrated when they did everything, on their own, to get to where they currently are in the standings?

comparing defenses....

ATL should be worried.

I think you have that backwards.

Seattle should be worried about facing an actual offense that can put up a ton of points. This isn't the Buffalo secondary you are facing.

Twitter makes me laugh.

Sxxxxx Gxxxxx ‏@devouredbychaos

@TomEdBrady12 anyway I can possibly get a future HOF QB to follow me? Dedicated fan thru thick n thin. Live on the Cape, maybe I'll see ya!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

You gave up 28pts to a Detroit team that finished 4-12 and 24pts to a Miami offense that was marginal, at best. I'm not blind to the fact that Seattle has arguably the best D in the league. I am just saying that there are faults, especially now that Clemons is out. I know Irvin is ready to play with his 8 sacks and all, but I don't think this is going to be the blowout all the talking heads are predicting it to be. You have to travel across the country, again. That's twice in 2 weeks. You're coming off of what seemed to be a pretty physical game at Washington, while we've had an extra week to get healthy and prepare. ATL isn't worried. If anything, ATL is ready.

who predicted a Seattle blowout?

Vegas has Atlanta and Seattle both 8/1 odds of winning the superbowl.

That says a lot about the confidence Vegas has in Atlanta. Considering they are #1 seed with home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

:rolleyes:

I'm already starting to feel kinda bad for Ryan if he loses to the buzzsaw that is Seattle right now. They couldn't have run into a hotter team to face.

Twitter makes me laugh.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Chaos is so adorable with his giant man crush on Brady! Good find :)

Chaos is so adorable with his giant man crush on Brady! Good find :)

That's what happens when your a fan of the best franchise of the past decade :)

I'd be jealous if I was a fanboy of another team too.

You're begging for his approval, like a Kids For Cancer Make The Help A Wish thing. :doh:

Twitter makes me laugh.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

And? That's what fans do. He's the best QB of the past decade, its been an honor to watch him play every week. Is your life that boring and miserable that you actually took the time to search my username on Twitter?! Get a life kid, seriously.

That's funny...I haven't seen other Pats fans talk/write/beg like sissy love struck girls about their stud QB. Seems like you are leading the pack in that area!

And? That's what fans do. He's the best QB of the past decade, its been an honor to watch him play every week. Is your life that boring and miserable that you actually took the time to search my username on Twitter?! Get a life kid, seriously.

What's this kid nonsense? You call everyone kid. Are you telling us that you're some 40 year old + guy stalking Brady so you can sniff his boxers?