Sign in to follow this  
72dolfan

Seahawks Chances @ Atlanta

That's funny...I haven't seen other Pats fans talk/write/beg like sissy love struck girls about their stud QB. Seems like you are leading the pack in that area!

Yeah, because that one sentence is me totally begging. How old are you again??

devoredbychaos stops outside Brady's gated community every week to pick up his garbage and spends hours fantasizing how sexy Brady looked when he ate that yogurt and pulled off that chicken skin. Ummmmm. Tastes so naughty.

What's this kid nonsense? You call everyone kid. Are you telling us that you're some 40 year old + guy stalking Brady so you can sniff his boxers?

Because its quite obvious that all the Seachickens fans here have the intelligence of a 5 year old kid.

devoredbychaos stops outside Brady's gated community every week to pick up his garbage and spends hours fantasizing how sexy Brady looked when he ate that yogurt and pulled off that chicken skin. Ummmmm. Tastes so naughty.

You know it big boy ;)

Maybe next you'll tell us how Wilson's little black ###### felt in your ass last night. I'm sure your pack of followers can't wait to hear the juicy details!

Because its quite obvious that all the Seachickens fans here have the intelligence of a 5 year old kid.

I don't think Seattle fans are sending Valentine's Day tweets to some dude with dreamy eyes and nice hair.

Wait, that didn't sound right. :wall:

devouredbychaos: Um, hi. I'm.. devouredbychaos.. and, my guest tonight is.. one of the.. greatest.. uh, football. I guess, quarterback, ever. [ Smacks himself ] GOD! That sounds stupid! God, I'm an idiot! I never know how to start these things!

Voice in head: You're doing great, devouredbychaos.

devouredbychaos: [ hopeful ] Really? No, I'm not. [ hyperventilating ] Anyway.. I guess.. I didn't have, have to say, who you were, because.. man, I mean.. everyone knows who you are. Mmm.. you're Tom Brady.

Voice in head: Well, it's great to be here.

devouredbychaos: [ uncomfortable ] You.. you.. you remember when you were with The Patriots?

Voice in head: Yeah, sure.

devouredbychaos: That was awesome!

I am a lifetime Falcon's fan and think this team is quite a bit different than the past few year's teams especially on D and focus on error free football (I know Ryan had a couple of bad games but even the 5 int game they won). Saying that, I can always see them coming up short, and Seattle is a good team. Falcons seem more focused this season.

That's what happens when your a fan of the best franchise of the past decade :)

I'd be jealous if I was a fanboy of another team too.

You do know that's not Tom Brady, right?

I don't think Seattle fans are sending Valentine's Day tweets to some dude with dreamy eyes and nice hair.

Wait, that didn't sound right. :wall:

So explain to me how calling him a future HOFer and asking him to follow me is considered a Valentines Day tweet? You guys are trying a little to hard here to make something out of nothing. Keep trying though, I'm not going anywhere ;)

You do know that's not Tom Brady, right?

The OP didn't include the date of the tweet, which was a year ago. Many people, including teammates thought it was him. Obviously I found out just like everyone else that it wasn't him.

devouredbychaos: Um, hi. I'm.. devouredbychaos.. and, my guest tonight is.. one of the.. greatest.. uh, football. I guess, quarterback, ever. [ Smacks himself ] GOD! That sounds stupid! God, I'm an idiot! I never know how to start these things!

devouredbychaos: [ hopeful ] Really? No, I'm not. [ hyperventilating ] Anyway.. I guess.. I didn't have, have to say, who you were, because.. man, I mean.. everyone knows who you are. Mmm.. you're Tom Brady.

devouredbychaos: [ uncomfortable ] You.. you.. you remember when you were with The Patriots?

I can totally see this. Do you work as an FBI profiler or something? :)

So explain to me how calling him a future HOFer and asking him to follow me is considered a Valentines Day tweet? You guys are trying a little to hard here to make something out of nothing. Keep trying though, I'm not going anywhere ;)

You might want to leave. I'd say go to football guys, but you're geting your arse handed to you there too. :doh:

You might want to leave. I'd say go to football guys, but you're geting your arse handed to you there too. :doh:

That actually made me laugh. How am I getting my ass handed to me? I'd like an explanation. Someone searching my name on Twitter doesn't exactly qualify.

And why were you even searching for me on Twitter to begin with? Have you even posted here before?

Probaby another member that didn't want to use their real username which is pretty weak. If not, it's also fairly weak to just join a site to bash another member. Haha.

I'm intrigued by this game. Seattle is exactly the type of team that can punch the Falcons in the mouf and make them curl up into a fetal position, like Falcons teams past. But they have to travel east again, and I'm not sure that these are the same Falcons -- it seems like in many games they jump out to big leads and then let up the gas. I wonder what they would be like if they just keep the peddle on the floor. :thumbsup:

Your best pass rusher Clemons is out. If his presence is anywhere near what Justin Smiths is for the Niners, your in for a long day

This is huge. Most people that don't follow Seattle, really don't know just how big this is. They hear he led the team in sacks. But it's even more than that. He is the only pressure that doesn't come from a blitz, on any given play. Huge loss here.

All that being said though.

Irvin was a first round pick, and has no short of an ego.

So hear you go, it's you ball big boy.

Seattle wins this game 27 - 23 and Ryan throws 2 TD'S but 3 picks.

Wilson has a much better game this week. (I didn't think he looked to good last week actually) And throws 2 TD's and 0 picks.

You can only play the schedule given to you. You can argue that it was weak all you want. In a way, you're inadvertently saying another team would've finished with a better record given that same schedule. Would you agree with that? You, just admitted 13 wins in the NFL is accomplishment, so what is unimpressive? Atlanta's won games where they've given up 5 turnovers. How often does that happen? I guess the point I'm trying to ultimately make is saying the Falcons are overrated is so fukking cliched. They went 13-3 this year (while losing one of those games that meant absolutely nothing to them), one of only two teams teams in the whooooooole league to do so. The Broncos got to do it against the joke that is the AFCW, yet you don't hear anybody talking about that chit. Falcons beat every single team on their schedule. How can a team be overrated when they did everything, on their own, to get to where they currently are in the standings?

It's just personal opinion, no need to get all bent out of shape. Atlanta is the #1 seed in the NFC and won 13 games, yet I don't consider them much of a Super Bowl contender. I've watched probably 90% of their games this year as I owned Matt Ryan on most of my teams. They've struggled to impress me many times. But I've been proven wrong plenty of times before.

Not worth the time you put into this. :sleep:

When did Seattle fans become so twatty?

Not worth the time you put into this. :sleep:

When did Seattle fans become so twatty?

What, you didn't like Chris Farley interviewing Paul McCartney?

Farley was a genius, you humorless lunkhead. :angry:

Sea matches up pretty good with Atlanta, but Browner will still get burnt many, many times in this game. He just doesnt have the quickness or flexibility in his hips to handle White or Jones. Gonna be a long game for him. Thomas should be able to neutralize Gonzo.

Clemons out is gonna be huge... The real key here is Irvin, as he is just to raw to replace Clemons. If the Falcons run the ball right at him they will gash him all day long. A healthy and rested Atlanta team will win this game by at least 7 points.

It's funny how all the pundits are already putting Seattle in the Superbowl. You dont think this Atlanta team is tired of hearing all that garbage? Just like when they lost to Carolina and everybody pretty much wrote them off that week. The next week they beat NY 34-0...

I don't expect huge numbers from either team though... 24-17 Atlanta.

This is huge. Most people that don't follow Seattle, really don't know just how big this is. They hear he led the team in sacks. But it's even more than that. He is the only pressure that doesn't come from a blitz, on any given play. Huge loss here.

All that being said though.

Irvin was a first round pick, and has no short of an ego.

So hear you go, it's you ball big boy.

Chris Clemons' career is likely over with Seattle. He signed a three year contract this offseason, but all of next year would be recuperation, and then what? And old man with a bad wheel to try to push around 350 lb linemen? Nah, his run is over. Did anyone really expect him to finish out 3 years at his advanced age? Since the front office stole him from the Eagles for next to nothing, the guy was an elite pass rusher. Journeyman Raheem Brock turned into a double digit sack guy playing opposite of him and the attention he garnered. Yeah, Raheem Brock. Bruce Irvin is filling the Brock role now, with less success. Sad. Clemons was an every down lineman, a vastly overlooked and underrated DE in this league.

Sunday is going to be Blitzday.

Sea matches up pretty good with Atlanta, but Browner will still get burnt many, many times in this game. He just doesnt have the quickness or flexibility in his hips to handle White or Jones. Gonna be a long game for him. Thomas should be able to neutralize Gonzo.

Clemons out is gonna be huge... The real key here is Irvin, as he is just to raw to replace Clemons. If the Falcons run the ball right at him they will gash him all day long. A healthy and rested Atlanta team will win this game by at least 7 points.

It's funny how all the pundits are already putting Seattle in the Superbowl. You dont think this Atlanta team is tired of hearing all that garbage? Just like when they lost to Carolina and everybody pretty much wrote them off that week. The next week they beat NY 34-0...

I don't expect huge numbers from either team though... 24-17 Atlanta.

I think people are jumping on the Seattle bandwagon based on recent history. Especially the last 2 years. The Giants last year and the Packers the year before.....both got hot at the end of the season and each won it all. With Washington out of the picture, Seattle is the hottest team in the NFC. It makes sense for them to be the favorite to make a run now.

And speaking of recent history, both Green Bay and New York beat down Matty Ice and the Falcons in the years they went on to win the SB. Green Bay beat them up 48-21 in the Georgia Dome, and last year the Giants cruised to a 24-2 win in the Meadowlands. Atlanta may be tired of hearing all the garbage, but they deserve it since they've choked the past 2 years in the playoffs.

Seattle can always hope that Atlanta's QB gets hurt early, before the lead gets too big, and then comeback and pull out another one. The formula's been working so far. :thumbsup:

The only knock on Atlanta is their QB in playoff games. Otherwise nobody would take the Seahawks seriously at all (I didn't think the Redskins would have had a chance either until I saw that 1st quarter, and then after the RG3 injury there's no way he'd have healed by next week so they'd have had no chance either).

That defense though is legit. I don't know how the Seahawks can score over 10 pts on offense, barring some very short fields from turnovers. People are trying to say the Falcons wins don't count against teams like the Broncos, but they do.

I am also not convinced that Ryan will fail again in the playoffs. It's a different offense now and Ryan has really taken another step up. They've had a full week to heal up and gameplan, with both offenses they could have played against being rather similar. The Seahawks are a weaker version of the Redskins offense when they are healthy.

It's an NFL game so nothing is for sure, but I really think Falcons blowout here.

Seattle can always hope that Atlanta's QB gets hurt early, before the lead gets too big, and then comeback and pull out another one. The formula's been working so far. :thumbsup:

Well they could always hit Ryan about 5 seconds after he throws a TD to try and injure him. Heck they should do that every week as long as they can get away with it. It's just a 15 yard penalty on a kickoff while you get to destroy an entire offense.

It's not so much I believe the Hawks are that good - it's more that I feel Atlanta is very overrated.

Seattle 20, Atlanta 17.

Why is a team that was 14-2 over rated? If you look at any of the top teams, they ALL played plenty of cream puffs on their way to good records. The Pats get Buffalo and Miami twice along with some other garbage. The Broncos get the wussy-azz AFC West. The Seabags division is OK but not all-wrold either. Green Bay gets some cheesey games too.

Just saying - you can only play whos in front of you. Atlanta has a wicked offense and an OK defense that will have home ice.

The only knock on Atlanta is their QB in playoff games. Otherwise nobody would take the Seahawks seriously at all (I didn't think the Redskins would have had a chance either until I saw that 1st quarter, and then after the RG3 injury there's no way he'd have healed by next week so they'd have had no chance either).

That defense though is legit. I don't know how the Seahawks can score over 10 pts on offense, barring some very short fields from turnovers. People are trying to say the Falcons wins don't count against teams like the Broncos, but they do.

I am also not convinced that Ryan will fail again in the playoffs. It's a different offense now and Ryan has really taken another step up. They've had a full week to heal up and gameplan, with both offenses they could have played against being rather similar. The Seahawks are a weaker version of the Redskins offense when they are healthy.

It's an NFL game so nothing is for sure, but I really think Falcons blowout here.

Well they could always hit Ryan about 5 seconds after he throws a TD to try and injure him. Heck they should do that every week as long as they can get away with it. It's just a 15 yard penalty on a kickoff while you get to destroy an entire offense.

As overbearing as Seattle fans are, this looks similar. Why would you not take the Seahawks seriously? They're the hottest team in the NFC, have a solid running game and a good D. Those have been a recipe for success in the playoffs lately. You seriously don't think Seattle can score more than 10 points on offense? That is just weird.

Your case for Atlanta is a hunch that Ryan won't puke on his shoes.....again! Peyton got a bad rap until he got over the hump and Ryan deserves the same. Proove it. There is a lot of pressure on Atlanta this week, probably more than Seattle, because Atlanta has been there the last 2 years and failed miserably. Matty Ice has failed miserably. We'll see if he can change attitudes but for now he's guilty until proven innocent.

13-3 with a top 5 scoring D as overrated? What am I missing here? Their only losses came to division rivals? Here's a little fun fact for ya, Falcons only allowed 3 pass TD over their last 7 games. Only one of those coming at home in a game that meant nothing for Atlanta. Rush D has been rather porous between the 20s, but our RZ D is one of the best in the league. Lynch can have a 200+ yard rushing game, all he wants. That won't necessarily mean he'll get a score.

True, and agreed - you can only play who is on your schedule. That being said, the falcons played the 25th easiest ranked schedule in 2012. To be a top ranked defense against that dosen't exactly blow me away. In fact, in total defense they only ranked 9th. Starting at Week 17 - you have to travel all the way back to Week 5 to find a game where Atlanta played against a playoff team. Then from my own personal experience I remember the Dallas game. Atlanta was taken to the wire and barely put up 19 points against a injury plagued (demarco murray'less) Cowboys team - could of very easily lost that game then.

Now, I would not be surprised to see Atlanta win - but I am not betting on it.

Saw this on CBS...

According to STATS LLC, the 1989 Los Angeles Rams are the only West Coast team to win back-to-back postseason games on the East Coast

Saw this on CBS...

According to STATS LLC, the 1989 Los Angeles Rams are the only West Coast team to win back-to-back postseason games on the East Coast

WTF?

Saw this on CBS...

Thanks for sharing that worthless stat. There have been no West coast teams to play back to back East coast playoff games since then. The closest it came was Arizona, once, in 1998.

So, is your point that in the past 25 years, West Coast teams ALWAYS win back to back postseason games on the East Coast?

Cool. :thumbsup:

As overbearing as Seattle fans are, this looks similar. Why would you not take the Seahawks seriously? They're the hottest team in the NFC, have a solid running game and a good D. Those have been a recipe for success in the playoffs lately. You seriously don't think Seattle can score more than 10 points on offense? That is just weird.

Your case for Atlanta is a hunch that Ryan won't puke on his shoes.....again! Peyton got a bad rap until he got over the hump and Ryan deserves the same. Proove it. There is a lot of pressure on Atlanta this week, probably more than Seattle, because Atlanta has been there the last 2 years and failed miserably. Matty Ice has failed miserably. We'll see if he can change attitudes but for now he's guilty until proven innocent.

They were getting blown out by the Redskins until they injured RG3. Unless they injure Ryan or he flops in the playoffs, the Falcons will crush them. The Falcons are an elite team, their record and defensive stats prove it.

I'm not a Falcons fan or Seahawks fan, why would I just root for the Seahawks and overrate them like every Seahawks fan does? Because it's the "in" thing right now? Forget that, anything can happen but on paper I take the Falcons with ease.

They were getting blown out by the Redskins until they injured RG3. Unless they injure Ryan or he flops in the playoffs, the Falcons will crush them. The Falcons are an elite team, their record and defensive stats prove it.

I'm not a Falcons fan or Seahawks fan, why would I just root for the Seahawks and overrate them like every Seahawks fan does? Because it's the "in" thing right now? Forget that, anything can happen but on paper I take the Falcons with ease.

Seattle hasn't lost a game by more than 7 all year long. But, they will get crushed. They were a solid team first half of the season, arguably the best team in the NFL the second half or so. But...they will get crushed.

Well, it's a prediction. I mean, trends can be broken, I guess. These numbers and records and stats that you mention. Um, I don't believe they exist. Maybe these stats are having tea with the Lochness Monster over at Bigfoot's house. But, hey, you, um, well, this is something.

You're just being ignorant to say the Falcons "will crush" the Seahawks. It's a uphill battle for both teams... Seattle will have to play at a very high level to win and it will be tough on the road. The Falcons may very well win, but to say Seattle is over rated and will get crushed is just plain dumb.

The Atlanta Falcons are so elite that they played the 24th toughest schedule in the NFL while Seattle played the 11th toughest schedule. And if you want to talk about defensive stats, Seattle ranks #1 in points allowed and #4 in total yards. And that is playing against offenses like Greenbay and New England.

If the Falcons will "Crush" the Hawks... then why did Vegas favor the #1 seed Falcons over a #5 seed wildcard by a measly TWO points?

If the Falcons are so elite, then why did Vegas put the Falcons AND the Seahawks as 8/1 odds of winning the superbowl?

If the Falcons are going to win so easily, when why do some experts pick the Seahawks to win?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1473618-bleacher-reports-expert-consensus-nfl-divisional-round-picks/page/4

It will be a tough game.... Atlanta has a great offense, but to say they will crush and and win easily is ignorant.

Blowout city baby. It'll be something like 41-10. I hope you people aren't putting big money on the Seahawks as Vegas laughs.

If the Falcons will "Crush" the Hawks... then why did Vegas favor the #1 seed Falcons over a #5 seed wildcard by a measly TWO points?.

That's actually like saying Seattle is a 1 pt better since they give you +3 for home field. I think the match-up is a great one and can't wait to see it. I think the Falcons ARE different this year, but damn if I know who wins this one. This should be a great weekend of football! :cheers:

Blowout city baby. It'll be something like 41-10. I hope you people aren't putting big money on the Seahawks as Vegas laughs.

I wouldn't touch this game if I gambled. It's a coinflip. I have no idea what is going to happen but look forward to watching these 2 totally different style teams.

wonder why they didn't just make plans to go straight from DC to Atlanta. By game time, they already knew they'd get the Falcons if they won. Maybe if all their video facilities and whatnot are back west, but that would have saved a ton of travel time.