Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

I don't normally talk politics

In 1986 a band called The Rainmakers out of Kansas City released their debut album and the band's main lyricist/vocalist Bob Walkenhorst penned the following lyrics which at the time created a bit of controversy.I'd say he pretty much nailed it.

"Give a man a free house and he'll bust out the windows

Put his family on food stamps, now he's a big spender

no food on the table and the bills ain't paid

'Cause he spent it on cigarettes and P.G.A.

They'll turn us all into beggars 'cause they're easier to please

They're feeding our people that Government Cheese

Give a man a free lunch and he'll figure out a way

To steal more than he can eat 'cause he doesn't have to pay

Give a woman free kids and you'll find them in the dirt

Learning how to carry on the family line of work

It's the man in the White House, the man under the steeple

Passing out drugs to the American people

I don't believe in anything, nothing is free

They're feeding our people the Government Cheese

Decline and fall, fall down baby

Decline and fall, said fall way down now

Decline and fall, fall down little mama

Decline and fall, decline and fall

Give a man a free ticket on a dead end ride

And he'll climb in the back even though nobody's driving

Too god**** lazy to crawl out of the wreck

And he'll rot there while he waits for the welfare check

Going to hell in a handbag, can't you see

I ain't gonna eat no Government Cheese"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-HiXqqUItM

When you are the “party of the poor” it is to your benefit to keep the voting base poor.

And when youre the party of red neck inbreds it is to your benefit to keep inbreeding.

And when youre the party of red neck inbreds it is to your benefit to keep inbreeding.

This makes no sense whatsoever.

But you're a union sheep so that's understandable.

I find it offensive that he accused the man in the White House for this state of affairs considering that he wrote it in 1986.

I find it offensive that he accused the man in the White House for this state of affairs considering that he wrote it in 1986.

:rolleyes:

So he wasn't a Reagan fan. :dunno:

I have to admit, I'm impressed that RP and Drobeski actually took their Republican blinders off for a few minutes and criticed Reagan-years America. Kudos boys. :thumbsup:

I have to admit, I'm impressed that RP and Drobeski actually took their Republican blinders off for a few minutes and criticed Reagan-years America. Kudos boys. :thumbsup:

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Link?

This makes no sense whatsoever.

But you're a union sheep so that's understandable.

Being a union "sheep" makes me a lot more money than you, so whats your point?

Being a union "sheep" makes me a lot more money than you, so whats your point?

It does ?

We were thinking about subbing out some union sheep, but decided against lazy over priced hack work from guys afraid to think on their own. :(

I normally don't talk politics, but I found this song that's full of the same cliches a dozen other geeks post here every day...

:unsure:

from Wiki...

Ubuntu:

"I am what I am because of who we all are"

"the essence of being human. Ubuntu speaks particularly about the fact that you can't exist as a human being in isolation. It speaks about our interconnectedness. You can't be human all by yourself, and when you have this quality – Ubuntu – you are known for your generosity. We think of ourselves far too frequently as just individuals, separated from one another, whereas you are connected and what you do affects the whole World. When you do well, it spreads out; it is for the whole of humanity."

Also a great Linux OS for a newbie (no relation to jr.) to learn bash on.

It does ?

We were thinking about subbing out some union sheep, but decided against lazy over priced hack work from guys afraid to think on their own. :(

Yeah if i were a fat lazy pice of shlt like yourself i wouldnt want to hire more fat lazy pieces of shlt. It probably wouldnt make for a very productive job. Good thinking. :thumbsup:

Yeah if i were a fat lazy pice of shlt like yourself i wouldnt want to hire more fat lazy pieces of shlt. It probably wouldnt make for a very productive job. Good thinking. :thumbsup:

quality of work and productivity are two different concepts. Union workers are smart enough to know how to stretch the limits of their work product, doesn't mean the end product isn't good though.

If i was fat lazy and stupid, i would have joined a union.

I chose because of my unbelievable smarts and work ethic to let my skills do my negotiating rather than being lumped in with a bunch of lazy hacks hoping my ba gets us all a raise.

Dont get me wrong there are plenty of high quality workers in the unions but there all also tons of lazy hacks just milking it while the workers carry their load.

I know i supervised a crew of 8 union electricians ....they made me supervisor because i didn't want my pay or future lumped in with the hacks.

If i was fat lazy and stupid, i would have joined a union.

I chose because of my unbelievable smarts and work ethic to let my skills do my negotiating rather than being lumped in with a bunch of lazy hacks hoping my ba gets us all a raise.

Dont get me wrong there are plenty of high quality workers in the unions but there all also tons of lazy hacks just milking it while the workers carry their load.

I know i supervised a crew of 8 union electricians ....they made me supervisor because i didn't want my pay or future lumped in with the hacks.

Well wherever you were supervising these electricians must have been a pretty shotty local. Around here the top non union welders make around $36 an hour. If non union was so uber generous to the cream of the crop why do their top guys make almost $10 an hour less than us?

The fact is the vast majority of non union piping contractors are there because they couldnt cut it in my local. In the south non union makes more so i can understand why welders would choose to go that route. I laugh when i hear piping contractors talk about how they prefer non union because of the freedom and the lack of beaurocracy... blah blah. Its all BS. We make so much more money through our career that it makes zero sense to choose non union first.

And contrary to popular belief, if you are a lazy POS you will only work when the hall has no one else to send out. In every profession you are going to have a percentage that just arent very good at their job and do not strive to improve their skills. It doesnt mean everyone in that profession is useless.

Sure it sucks sometimes when i bust my ass and put in more effort than some clowns ans they make the same as me. I still would rather have a union to protect my rights and let a few less than stellar guys slip through the cracks than be at the complete mercy of the contractor.

If we were really as useless as you try to paint us it would be pretty easy to cut us out of the picture and give all our work away.