Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Two Commentary**

Like last season, there's tough debates on who most drafters think the #2 WR in the draft should be.

I thought someone in the middle of the 2nd round would have to make that choice, but I guess JScott made that choice for us.

Considered a few WRs here. Decided to go with youth so that excluded one from the list. Of those remaining AJ has the least competition for touches. And look what he did in his 2nd season. He put up those numbers on pure talent. Now entering the magical 3rd season when he "knows" the game he's going to be mini-megatron. He's not only going to out physical the secondary but he's going to out smart them too.

Like last season, there's tough debates on who most drafters think the #2 WR in the draft should be.

I thought someone in the middle of the 2nd round would have to make that choice, but I guess JScott made that choice for us.

The batch of WRs I looked at here are a solid tier above the next RBs IMO. (I didn't consider QB due to depth)

Mock resources (Picks by Team, Picks by Position, Picks by Round) are now pinned and available for use. They will be updated throughout the course of the draft...

ended up with the number to wide receiver on my board but would have been happy with green and 1 other

I'm not long for calling it a day. Maybe Ray will show up soon...

Not a fast one today gentlemen, only 13 picks (one made yesterday).

i'll take responsibility for that, not being able to pick until I was out of the office.

if at any point tomorrow im out at a meeting or something and i see its getting close to the end of round 3, I will PM my picks to someone in the earlier 3rd. maybe shovel or riceman... they seem to be around fairly often.

some thoughts....

1st round went as expected in this old school format....it still favors rbs....thought calvin johnson might go as high as 1.3.......i stil believe arian foster as about as safe of a pick as peterson

not high on jackson and morris....jackson has a ton of mileage and i see a breakdown coming soon.....morris may be in for ol' sophomore slump with the qb situation in jeopardy.....he's not fast.... is no factor in the passing game and should see increased competition this year at the positon....i dont see a repeat in tds

i hope trent delivers as promised........he's the best all-around back i have ever seen at Alabama...better than shaun alexander....nick's recruiting pitch to kids is to rotate them at the RB position to keep the mileage down for the NFL....trent basically carried a huge load in 2011 for us and should have won the heisman......he did stay hurt at alabama his soph and jr year and last year and is currently battling the shin injury and was recently diagnosed with migraines...due to his frame and bashing style i see a likely short shelf life in the NFL...but some really good years in between

I hate to be fussy, but the first day was MUCH too slow. We generally average about two full rounds a day. Would love to get deep into Round Four today if possible. I can take lists all day long if needed.

As a Bengals fan, AJ Green worries me due to his QB situation. Dalton regressed last year, with the deep ball being almost nonexistent. He's either leading his WRs out of bounds or missing them completely. I've read multiple interviews that talk about how the deep ball has been the focus during OTAs and Dalton "has made massive improvements", but I heard that last year too. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm glad he wasn't still sitting there for me with my 2nd pick.

Ifl like dez could have a monster season and he helped me to the title last year. I tend to agree with shovel regarding green. I have him 3rd on the rankings in my head and 4th in ppr

I was actually going to take some PTO today and sleep in, but decided against it as I knew I had to get up early anyway to monitor this draft. Fail on my part.

Email me when I am up gents, I am putting my "list" together on my BB, but this week is all about my little lady, talking to college coaches about sports scholarships, well, sort of, its a funny game this recruiting process...

Email me when I am up gents, I am putting my "list" together on my BB, but this week is all about my little lady, talking to college coaches about sports scholarships, well, sort of, its a funny game this recruiting process...

Good luck!

Not a big fan of taking two players playing under new coaches (McCoy, Marshall), but both coaches would appear to benefit them, not hold them back. Not surprised to see Julio Jones go early. He has a ton of upside.

Aren't you guys proud of me for not taking a QB yet? :)

Not a big fan of taking two players playing under new coaches (McCoy, Marshall), but both coaches would appear to benefit them, not hold them back. Not surprised to see Julio Jones go early. He has a ton of upside.

Aren't you guys proud of me for not taking a QB yet? :)

LOL @ the QB comment.

I was teetering between Marshall and Jones, ultimately went with the upside of Jones and that office in general. I love the idea of Marshall reconnecting with Cutler and the possibilities that exist, but I am just a bit concerned that both may not resume the good thing they once had, and that Cutler may fully implode under a new coach if that coach does not understand how to manage his fragile emotional states.

You do remember that Cutler and Marshall were together last year, correct?

Ifl like dez could have a monster season and he helped me to the title last year. I tend to agree with shovel regarding green. I have him 3rd on the rankings in my head and 4th in ppr

Dez could be huge this year. I have it Megatron, Dez, Brandon Marshall, Julio with AJ Green just outside the top 5 for reasons mentioned above.

Not a fast one today gentlemen, only 13 picks (one made yesterday).

ROBB!!!

...and I deserved this yesterday, but lets get this moving.

806-202-0265

Call the minute I am on the clock!!

I'm stepping out at 11:30, with 2 picks relatively close together. Who can I forward my cell number to? Thanks.

I'm not a big fan of Chris Johnson, BUT he ended last year as a RB1, tends to have boom/bust games which play to this format well, and has two new excellent guards opening holes for him. I could see him ending the year as a top 10. Paired with Beast Mode, I'm quite happy with my RBs.

• Like 1

I'm stepping out at 11:30, with 2 picks relatively close together. Who can I forward my cell number to? Thanks.

You can forward it to me. Use the PM feature if you would like.

You do remember that Cutler and Marshall were together last year, correct?

Funny, that's just what I was thinking when I read his post. :huh:

JScott...do you know how to contact Robb?

Let me check...

ETA: Don't see him online and can't find his number at the moment

Julioooooooooooooooooooooo

The Graham pick ought to bring about plenty of discussion...

Let me check...

ETA: Don't see him online and can't find his number at the moment

Look at that. Don't even have to actually send a message. I just think about telling Robb he's OTC and bam, online and picking. :ty:

Even though graham is the #1 TE right now its still hard for me to take one this early in this format.....if graham doesnt finish #1 significantly higher than others its not worth the pick JMO

The Graham pick ought to bring about plenty of discussion...

I like the pick. He was on my radar at 2.01 simply because he's so much better than 95% of the other TEs out there. Huge matchup advantage, especially now with the injury concerns of the #2 and #3 TEs (at least on my board).