Sign in to follow this  
The Pope

Dexter Final Season and Spinoff

I would like to go on record stating: this final season blows. They're just throwing sh!t at the wall, at this point, and seeing what sticks.

I would like to go on record stating: this final season blows. They're just throwing sh!t at the wall, at this point, and seeing what sticks.

Current story lines:

Dr. Vogel the creator of serial killers- chased by the brain surgeon.

Deb and Dexter's relationship- Deb kills Laguerta guilt/Dexter's fault

Serial killer kid learning the code

Quinn and Angel's sister relationship

Masuka's daughter

Hannah is back

Yeah...too much going on. Dexter being crazy in love and forgetting the code is a Chekhov's Gun moment. This will leave him vulnerable to that kid taking him out at the end of the show. The foreshadow was way too obvious.

There are some pretty accurate spoilers out there(on the web) on how the series ends. Disappointing if they're true.

Current story lines:

Dr. Vogel the creator of serial killers- chased by the brain surgeon.

Deb and Dexter's relationship- Deb kills Laguerta guilt/Dexter's fault

Serial killer kid learning the code

Quinn and Angel's sister relationship

Masuka's daughter

Hannah is back

Yeah...too much going on. Dexter being crazy in love and forgetting the code is a Chekhov's Gun moment. This will leave him vulnerable to that kid taking him out at the end of the show. The foreshadow was way too obvious.

Yeah... none of it seems worthy for a series ending, IMO. I'm just glad this is the final season. It lost it's appeal awhile back.

There are some pretty accurate spoilers out there(on the web) on how the series ends. Disappointing if they're true.

Link?

If you go to the IMDB forum, there's a poster or two who've been very accurate with their spoilers over the last 2-3 years. They nailed last year's finale and every episode leading up to it.

I haven't seen any spoilers for the series finale yet, but here's a tiny spoiler for you that they got, Cassie's (Dexter's hot neighbor who's no longer with us) boyfriend.....well....

If you go to the IMDB forum, there's a poster or two who've been very accurate with their spoilers over the last 2-3 years. They nailed last year's finale and every episode leading up to it.

I haven't seen any spoilers for the series finale yet, but here's a tiny spoiler for you that they got, Cassie's (Dexter's hot neighbor who's no longer with us) boyfriend.....well....

Holy sh1t! The boyfriend has to be the brain surgeon! Makes total sense now.

Holy sh1t! The boyfriend has to be the brain surgeon! Makes total sense now.

It's possible he is also Vogel's son.

It's possible he is also Vogel's son.

Vogel's getting killed either this week or next. No doubt about that. I'm perplexed by this Hannah angle.

The boyfriend is definitely the killer. Pretty dramatic scene at the end of that episode last night with Zach in the chair.

I'm guessing the brain surgeon gets Vogel next week.

The whole episode I was like...what is going on. But the end saved it for sure. As much as I like looking at Hannah, I think she has to die. Just makes sense.

The whole episode I was like...what is going on. But the end saved it for sure. As much as I like looking at Hannah, I think she has to die. Just makes sense.

No way. This series ends with Dexter and Hannah sailing off into the sunset. Its the only thing that makes sense for bringing her back. I just don't see Dexter dying.

No way. This series ends with Dexter and Hannah sailing off into the sunset. Its the only thing that makes sense for bringing her back. I just don't see Dexter dying.

Watching the last ep now. I liked the group session w/Dex, Hannah, Vogel and the Kid but a lot of emphasis on the dinner and eating. Still think the Doc will turn out to be more than we suspect. A killer of some kind.

Watching the last ep now. I liked the group session w/Dex, Hannah, Vogel and the Kid but a lot of emphasis on the dinner and eating. Still think the Doc will turn out to be more than we suspect. A killer of some kind.

It had a Sopranos feel. The writers were definitely using the symbolism of The Last Supper during that scene.

Here's another thing that is pissing me off about the show:

Cassie's apartment... Dexter's apartment is on the corner, so he has no neighbors on the one side. But remember, a couple of seasons ago ( after Harrison was born) he bought the apartment next to him, and turned it into a seperate area... Wouldn't that be Cassie's apartment? Or are we not supposed to remember that? Focking sloppy writing... :thumbsdown:

Here's another thing that is pissing me off about the show:

Cassie's apartment... Dexter's apartment is on the corner, so he has no neighbors on the one side. But remember, a couple of seasons ago ( after Harrison was born) he bought the apartment next to him, and turned it into a seperate area... Wouldn't that be Cassie's apartment? Or are we not supposed to remember that? Focking sloppy writing... :thumbsdown:

The writers to this show clearly have no long term thought otherwise there would be no Harrison. Are we really supposed to think Dexter is a good father when he never has his kid?

The writers to this show clearly have no long term thought otherwise there would be no Harrison. Are we really supposed to think Dexter is a good father when he never has his kid?

And his babysitter is banging the crooked cop that has conveniently dated almost every single other woman on the show. Can't they just have the babysitter playing doctor with Harrison or something? Is it so bad, to just let her be the hot babysitter, that we all wanted to bang as kids? Noooo... let's have her bang the most pointless character on the show, and then there's no need to develop a real storyboard for either of them. Bravo!

And his babysitter is banging the crooked cop that has conveniently dated almost every single other woman on the show. Can't they just have the babysitter playing doctor with Harrison or something? Is it so bad, to just let her be the hot babysitter, that we all wanted to bang as kids? Noooo... let's have her bang the most pointless character on the show, and then there's no need to develop a real storyboard for either of them. Bravo!

I have really wanted them to do something with Quinn but he has been the forgotten man in this cast for several seasons. At one point, the writers seemed be going in the direction of dirty cop but it all ended up a red herring.

Really fvcking annoying.

I think it's the last episode tomorrow. The first few episodes of the season were awesome but it went downhill after that. If Hanna and Dex end up together in Argentina, I will puke my guts out. This show is suppose to be dark and unforgiving, not this sentimental bullsh1t they are trying. The chicks at my work are talking about Dexter, that is enough to show me this show has gone sooooo far downhill from it's first 4 seasons. Christ.

this was one of my favorite shows and they did start out the season great. Then they just threw in so many different angles it focked up the whole season. They should of done a better Vogel angle with it ending with Dexter on Vogels table and her being the brain surgeon.

That was bloody awful... What happened, did all the writers die?

That was bloody awful... What happened, did all the writers die?

Honestly, if it wasn't for that very, very last scene, that would have been the best way to end it. I wasn't even looking forward to this episode, because there was no way they could end the series well at this point. However, I think they did as best as we could've hoped for. Again, it it wasn't for that last scene at the lumber yard, and we were all left to wonder if he is alive or dead, it would have been the best way to end it. It was still a great finale....but, again, if you consider how bad the show had gotten.

They went back to what made the show great for like 15 minutes....Dexter truly being Dexter.

If Dexter had made it to Argentina, I really would have puked, so this was a much better conclusion to the series than I was expecting.

DEB DIED!!! So we got that going for us even though she was decent this season.

Spinoff?

Hope: Dexter in his new life, but new name, lets say "Fletcher". Dex...I mean Fletcher, now knowing he can never get away from the darkness, basically kills anyone who even gives him a dirty look. Some super-underground CIA assassination program takes notice, but instead of prosecuting him, they take him in. He becomes the next Jason Bourne, except he is just Fletcher. He ends up having to kill Hannah, who has quickly become the most powerful kingpin drug lord in South America. He goes to do it, but they end up banging and he ends up switching sides, and he now becomes her top soldier in her organization. Pretty soon they are like Pablo Escobar on steroids. It all ends when Harrison rats them out, and Bautista and Quinn end up arresting them.

Probably: Harrison and Hannah trying to make it in South American :puke:

Honestly, if it wasn't for that very, very last scene, that would have been the best way to end it. I wasn't even looking forward to this episode, because there was no way they could end the series well at this point. However, I think they did as best as we could've hoped for. Again, it it wasn't for that last scene at the lumber yard, and we were all left to wonder if he is alive or dead, it would have been the best way to end it. It was still a great finale....but, again, if you consider how bad the show had gotten.

They went back to what made the show great for like 15 minutes....Dexter truly being Dexter.

If Dexter had made it to Argentina, I really would have puked, so this was a much better conclusion to the series than I was expecting.

DEB DIED!!! So we got that going for us even though she was decent this season.

Spinoff?

Hope: Dexter in his new life, but new name, lets say "Fletcher". Dex...I mean Fletcher, now knowing he can never get away from the darkness, basically kills anyone who even gives him a dirty look. Some super-underground CIA assassination program takes notice, but instead of prosecuting him, they take him in. He becomes the next Jason Bourne, except he is just Fletcher. He ends up having to kill Hannah, who has quickly become the most powerful kingpin drug lord in South America. He goes to do it, but they end up banging and he ends up switching sides, and he now becomes her top soldier in her organization. Pretty soon they are like Pablo Escobar on steroids. It all ends when Harrison rats them out, and Bautista and Quinn end up arresting them.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this. Or at least your take on the finale. It was cheesy and terrible.

Dexter finally realizes he's human... give me a break. I would have been much happier with him coming to the conclusion that he's not much different than the people he kills, and asking for Deb to end him.

Or Hannah getting killed and Harrison being there to witness, thus starting the cycle all over again.

But the ending they gave us was vomit inducing.

the spirit of a here supposed to be about the Miami Metro People. in other words it won't last Long.

This has been DEXTER since season 3 or 4. I punted then and haven't watched since. What a great show it was - but it seems clear that writers/producers just weren't ready for its success and couldn't scale it through multiple seasons.

That would be my guess. I'm guess they also hope that Hall doesn't really find anything else and after a season or two he joins the cast and Dexter is reunited with Hannah and Harrison.

I Heard The Spinoff Centers Around Angel. Not Sure Though

Double boo!

Fav part was Dexter going to do the gun shot residue test. No the serial killer isn't hand cuffed, no you don't need a guard cause you have your nifty panic button! :lol:

2nd best moment, Dexter wheeling his dead sister out of the hospital where everyone magically turns there back at the same time. :lol:

Lastly, when Dexter gets to the hospital, people being evacuated, but apparently there are still normal visiting hours. :lol:

Fav part was Dexter going to do the gun shot residue test. No the serial killer isn't hand cuffed, no you don't need a guard cause you have your nifty panic button! :lol:

2nd best moment, Dexter wheeling his dead sister out of the hospital where everyone magically turns there back at the same time. :lol:

Lastly, when Dexter gets to the hospital, people being evacuated, but apparently there are still normal visiting hours. :lol:

It was clear that the writers thought of us as a bunch of morons.

No, you can plunge a pen into Saxon's neck and not be held for bail so you have time to go kill your sister, wheel her body through a hospital to dump in the ocean.

This was a terrible season and it was even more glairingly obvious when watching the final season of Breaking Bad simulatneously (which has knocked it out of the park). So many things wrong with the season and the finale (which was total garbage).

The only thing that could MAYBE make feel better is the possible insinuation that he can be the killer he meant to be in his new lumberjack lifestyle. Meh.

I agree with most here that the last episode had to do too much. Dexter not only realizing he was human, but that he kills every relationship he has ever had was a good angle. Offing himself in a hurricane would have been respectable. Voluntarily killing Deb (even though it is what she would have wanted) was OK, except for the absolute bullsh!t way he achieved it.... walked right in, turned off the breathing machine and disconnected her heart monitor leads after flatlining???!! Then casually walking her out of the hospital, down a boat ramp to his waiting boat??!

I have to say the scene where he kills Saxon/Vogel was entertaining, but again an insult to a previous attempt by the show to be somewhat grounded in reality. A pen, then no repercussions? Oh yeah, the panic button <<BIG PUDDLE OF BLOOD ON FLOOR>>.

It was a good time for the series to die along with Deb, and it is unfortunate it had to end with plop like the last few seasons.

This was a terrible season and it was even more glairingly obvious when watching the final season of Breaking Bad simulatneously (which has knocked it out of the park). So many things wrong with the season and the finale (which was total garbage).

The only thing that could MAYBE make feel better is the possible insinuation that he can be the killer he meant to be in his new lumberjack lifestyle. Meh.

I would usually watch Dexter a bit after watching BB. It was like watching the NFL one minute and watching pee-wee football with severely autistic children the next.

Horrific. We watched it to the end, despite the feeling that I was watching a bipolar woman retreat into madness. Glad it's over.