Sign in to follow this  
Teren

Roddy White and Julio Julio

I wouldn't have minded having Roddy and Julio on the same team last year. It actually would have been very consistent as opposed to popular belief. I added up their total receptions, yards and TDs then figured out total PPR points by week.

Week 1- 12 for 195 and 2TDs (49.5)

Week 2- 12 for 116 and 1 TD (29.6)

Week 3- 10 for 122 and 1 TD (28.2)

Week 4- 9 for 199 and 2 TDs (40.9)

Week 5- 14 for 164 and 1 TD (36.4)

Week 6- 10 for 135 and 1 TD (29.5)

Week 7- BYE

Week 8- 8 for 161 and 1 TD (30.1)

Week 9- 12 for 247 and 0 TDs (36.7)

Week 10- 11 for 189 and 0 TDs (29.9)

Week 11- 11 for 156 and 0 TDs (26.6)

Week 12- 11 for 204 and 1 TD (37.4)

Week 13- 6 for 66 and 0 TDs (12.6)

Week 14- 14 for 183 and 2 TDs (44.3)

Week 15- 8 for 90 and 2 TDs (35)

Week 16- 14 for 224 and 3 TDs (54.4)

Any thoughts on grabbing them both this year?

Too many eggs one basket. If Ryan goes down, or one gets hurt, you're probably screwed for the season.

A guy in our league both of them as well as Matt Ryan and Gonzales. Having them both isnt necessarily a bad thing but he didnt make it to our playoffs

A guy in our league both of them as well as Matt Ryan and Gonzales. Having them both isnt necessarily a bad thing but he didnt make it to our playoffs

I'm not opposed this at all, in fact I like having a QB/WR or QB/TE combination especially if both of them are amongst the tops at their position. However, Jones/White is going to cost you 2nd and 3rd round picks to get which is going to handicap you at other positions AND exposes you to being vulnerable if Ryan were to miss time because BOTH your high-pick WR's would be affected.

Right now fantasy football calculator has their ADPs in 10 team PPR as 3.01 for Julio and 4.01 for Roddy. I like the idea of having them both. I don't know how practical it would be to actually draft them both.

It's not a strategy I would set out to do, but if I were staying true to my draftboard, and Roddy was my highest ranked WR in the round I was looking to take another WR, I wouldn't let it deter me from taking Roddy either if I already had Julio.

It's a high floor, low ceiling move IMO. Might be a way to negate the really up and down WR scoring most people endure. Never get those horrible shutout weeks, but never get those crazy 4 TD's weeks either. Interesting.

It's a high floor, low ceiling move IMO. Might be a way to negate the really up and down WR scoring most people endure. Never get those horrible shutout weeks, but never get those crazy 4 TD's weeks either. Interesting.

Maybe not 4 TDs but week 16 with 224 yards and 3 TDs is pretty close. Maybe it'd help to do a similar stat comparison for 2 guys ranked near them.

Too many eggs one basket. If Ryan goes down, or one gets hurt, you're probably screwed for the season.

amen

if ryan goes down youd be in trouble but if one of the 2 receivers went down youd actually be ok because the uninjured ones value would skyrocket...right?

if ryan goes down youd be in trouble but if one of the 2 receivers went down youd actually be ok because the uninjured ones value would skyrocket...right?

false, both of them are so good because you cant really double team either of them. Hell if Roddy goes down, I would expect triple teams on Julio

I tried this last year with these Wr's it turned out to be the biggest mistake I made in years. We get points for 7 plus catches or a td. Note weeks 6 thru 13.

Week 6- 10 for 135 and 1 TD (29.5)
Week 7- BYE
Week 8- 8 for 161 and 1 TD (30.1)
Week 9- 12 for 247 and 0 TDs (36.7)
Week 10- 11 for 189 and 0 TDs (29.9)
Week 11- 11 for 156 and 0 TDs (26.6)
Week 12- 11 for 204 and 1 TD (37.4)
Week 13- 6 for 66 and 0 TDs (12.6)

By week 14 when the playoffs started I had already had the worst season in 18 years of fantasy football.

Only way to get them both is to have the 11th or 12th pick in and use both 1st rounders

Only way to get them both is to have the 11th or 12th pick in and use both 1st rounders

False. Auction.

back in the day, i had chris carter and randy moss on the same team, it worked

Its doable, but if you have another option that is just as productive as white or jones, I would go with the other option.

It's definitely risky. Personally I'd spread that risk and avoid doubling up. If Julio is 2.10 and Roddy is 3.09 (ffc PPR) it would mean you're not dipping back into the RB pool till the 4th when you'd be hoping for a breakout from a rookie RB or a resurgence from Ryan Mathews or Ivory stays healthy, which would mean even more risk.

All depends on your leagues etc. I play in 3 leagues and one of them is auction league. I had both WR and Tony G along with P Manning. I took a risky shot at getting good players with the same 2 bye weeks (5 and 7) thinking I would see what happened. I actually was the run away points champ which made me some cash. I think I made the playoffs but didn't win a game. I was happy that the risk paid off. I may do it again this year with different players/teams.

13-128-0(25.8)

18-237-2(53.7)

15-225-1(43.5)

15-226-2(49.6)

14-115-4(49.5)

13-193-3(50.3)

8-139-2(33.9)

2-23-0(4.3)bye

12-166-1(34.6)

10-125-1(28.5)

6-91-1(21.1) Bye

6-147-1(26.7)

14-189-0(46.9)

11-165-1(33.5)

9-72-1(22.2)

13-137-0(26.7)

I added up two similarly ranked receivers that are on seperate teams and came up with this. (Sorry about the formatting I'm on mobile) Most weeks last year it would have been better to have Cruz and AJ Green than Roddy and Julio.

i actually had them both last year on 2 teams both ppr ( along with Ryan )..... 1 league was a disaster because i lost my starting runningbacks and tightend ...the other league i had both and won the championsip . it is risky but it comes down to the other players you have on the team it was almost like either 1 would have a great week and the other would have average week but i was getting around 40 pts a week with both average in a league i started 3 wrs. I actually went into those drafts with those guys as my

tagets based on adp and where i was drafting. as far as if ryan gets hurt you could say that with almost any player will have risk if they lose their qb ... its a gamble and if I could do it again i will..... look at the offense they may be throwing it a lot again this year because not sure jackson has much left IMO