Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Ahmad Bradshaw

i'm thinking this guy is way under valued ...,thinking of swapping him out this week for reggie bush ..i like the tasty oakland matchup

Do not swap him out for Bush...

He is undervalued, but there is no indication how much he will play this week. My guess is 15 touches, would should be a good flex play.

Play Bush while he's healthy

Folks, report is he hasn't even practiced with the first team yet. This isn't the NYGiants. The Colts run game just doesn't provide the holes that the NY Giant's offensive does. At best i see only 8-10 carries. I say hold off and watch the situation...

i dont like bradshaw this year at all...His on a throw first team and lets face it..hes injury prone and his best years are behind him...ill pass

i dont like bradshaw this year at all...His on a throw first team and lets face it..hes injury prone and his best years are behind him...ill pass

Correct, in a throw first offense i highly doubt the Colts will allow their Golden Boy to take on unwarranted risk on a miss block assignment by Bradsaw, who hasn't even practiced with the FIRST TEAM YET.

On top of this, Ballard finished 'okay' last season with that horrid offensive line. Barring injuries, i think Bradshaw will be in a RBBC situation most of the season.

guess i'm a little confused what does this mean ?

With new offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton saying the team is in "run first" mode, a healthy Bradshaw may be a bigger part of the team's Week 1 plans against the Raiders than Pagano is letting on. Downgrade him a bit for injury speculation and the chance he doesn't play much, but Bradshaw has a history of shrugging off injury and playing, is working in a run-first offense, and could be a surprisingly decent flex option for Week 1.

Don't get cute in week one and make a wack roster decision.

What's the upside? You impress a bunch of dudes playing FF...most of us will still probably disagree with you out of spite.

I agree wait till Bradshaw shows something, I am actually leaning the other way and see him as potential WW fodder early.

Correct, in a throw first offense i highly doubt the Colts will allow their Golden Boy to take on unwarranted risk on a miss block assignment by Bradsaw, who hasn't even practiced with the FIRST TEAM YET.

On top of this, Ballard finished 'okay' last season with that horrid offensive line. Barring injuries, i think Bradshaw will be in a RBBC situation most of the season.

You do realize that Bradshaw is one of the best pass blocking RBs in the NFL, don't you?

You do realize that Bradshaw is one of the best pass blocking RBs in the NFL, don't you?

I was just about to post the same reply, except he graded out as the BEST pass blocking RB in the NFL last year.

Some guys just don't know what they are talking about. The difference between Ballard and Bradshaw is night and day,

Bradshaw is superior in all aspects of the game, pass blocking, between the numbers, GL carries. Ballard is a plodder and average at best.

Oh and Bradshaw is only 27. If he comes back healthy he will be the best undervalued RB in this years drafts.

I was just about to post the same reply, except he graded out as the BEST pass blocking RB in the NFL last year.

Some guys just don't know what they are talking about. The difference between Ballard and Bradshaw is night and day,

Bradshaw is superior in all aspects of the game, pass blocking, between the numbers, GL carries. Ballard is a plodder and average at best.

Oh and Bradshaw is only 27. If he comes back healthy he will be the best undervalued RB in this years drafts.

:thumbsup: yup

This.

guess i'm a little confused what does this mean ?

With new offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton saying the team is in "run first" mode, a healthy Bradshaw may be a bigger part of the team's Week 1 plans against the Raiders than Pagano is letting on. Downgrade him a bit for injury speculation and the chance he doesn't play much, but Bradshaw has a history of shrugging off injury and playing, is working in a run-first offense, and could be a surprisingly decent flex option for Week 1.

And no way in hell is Indy turning into a "run first team". Why turn your offense strategy completely upside down from a pass first team to a run first team. You are probably getting confused from the coach saying they are going to try to be more balanced. Which I see nothing wrong with and Bradshaw will be the guy to do that with. Luck is too talented and has good weapons around him not to be a pass first team

Bradshaw has always been criminally undervalued. He's a tough, dynamic player that has consistently finished in the top 20 in a system that has been RBBC since Joe Meggett and Ottis Anderson. The Giants practically invented RBBC.

Ballard is a plodder. He doesn't even have the same kinds of skills Brandon Jacobs has, although he is younger. Bradshaw is also an excellent goal line back. He adds a dimension to the Colts offense that they haven't had since Edgerrin James. I drafted Bradshaw this year as my #2 RB in my big money league.

I just don't see much benefit to giving Ballard a lot of carries, other than to spell Bradshaw.

Most importantly Bradshaw signed a one year deal .., so if he wants any future $$$ he will be running his azz off

I have SJAX, Mendy, Bradshaw and DWII, and I'd love to see him shine in that offense, and I can see it as others have stated. I have Mendy ranked higher and starting this weekend, but he may struggle if ARZ struggles.

I honestly can't predict which offense will do better, but it's nice to have Bradshaw as a backup if Indy does well and he's the centerpiece....but he hasn't practiced, so Mendy gets the start.

Yes, he's the higest rated 'blocking' running back in the league but that's not the issue. Can he learn the playbook in time? We are not talking about a 'miss' block but a missed assignment.

Anyone thinks he's some 'superior' running back haven't watched many giants game. The guy is good but the Giants Offensive line has always been one of the best in the league. You put Vick Ballard in that Oline and i'm sure he'll average 4.5 yards per carry.

Would u start bradshaw in a ppr league over jordy nelson vs 49ers?

I have this exact same issue. I have Jordy in there now, but I am starting to think Bradshaw.

Yes, he's the higest rated 'blocking' running back in the league but that's not the issue. Can he learn the playbook in time? We are not talking about a 'miss' block but a missed assignment.

Anyone thinks he's some 'superior' running back haven't watched many giants game. The guy is good but the Giants Offensive line has always been one of the best in the league. You put Vick Ballard in that Oline and i'm sure he'll average 4.5 yards per carry.

Why would Bradshaw not know the playbook or his assignments by now? He's been practicing for weeks. It's the same playbook for 1st and 2nd team in case you didn't realize.

Giants O-Line has not been good the last couple of years either. Ok last year and the worst in the league running the ball the year before.

Well if that's not the issue, why did you post this:

i highly doubt the Colts will allow their Golden Boy to take on unwarranted risk on a miss block assignment by Bradsaw,

YOU brought up Bradshaw's blocking, then when it is pointed out that you don't know what you are talking about, you say that's not the issue???

With regards to Bradshaw not knowing the playbook because he hasn't practiced, he has had access to the playbook, which presumably, would contain his blocking assignments, so knowing them shouldn't be an issue.

So, he should know the assignments, and he is the BEST pass-blocking RB in the NFL.

Why would the Colts be worried that Bradshaw will get Luck blown up? :dunno:

My gut keeps saying Bradshaw is the play ..., one thing I know for sure Ballard is a back up scrub

Well if that's not the issue, why did you post this:

YOU brought up Bradshaw's blocking, then when it is pointed out that you don't know what you are talking about, you say that's not the issue???

With regards to Bradshaw not knowing the playbook because he hasn't practiced, he has had access to the playbook, which presumably, would contain his blocking assignments, so knowing them shouldn't be an issue.

So, he should know the assignments, and he is the BEST pass-blocking RB in the NFL.

Why would the Colts be worried that Bradshaw will get Luck blown up? :dunno:

It's one thing to have the playbook and it's another to know it.

Montee Ball also got the playbook before training camp, then why isn't he starting? Oh that's right....he might not ACTUALLY know it ALL.

Bradshaw's officially declared healthy now. If he's that superior of a talent, then why isn't he starting? Why? All of you are simply blowing smoke up your own a@@. Most of you are simply riding the rotoworld and fantasy journal bashing of Ballard. Since Ballard became the actual starter last season in week 6, the colts finished 9-2. Ballards stats since starting were:

Games ATT YDS AVG TD REC YDS LNG TD

11 182 747 4.2 2 14 131 91 1

Oh wow...project that out to 16 games...and...and...

And and...and that comes out to:

Rushing Yards

264 carries

3 TD

Rec Yards

1.5 TD

TD are a product of offensive schemes and playcalling. That offense is still a throw first offense, even Bradshaw's TD number if starting won't be great.

Is he even gonna be starting Sunday? Trying to decide between him and Vereen. However I also have Ridley starting as well.

I would say those number are PRETTY DARN FOCK'N GOOD FOR an Colts team ranked DEAD LAST in offensive line grade this past 2 seasons:

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/story/22274386/offseason-extra-grading-offensive-lines-for-2013

Team GPA '13 Grade '12 Grade

32 Colts 2.0 C C-

whoa nice homework i didn't know they were dead last

And and...and that comes out to:

Rushing Yards

264 carries

3 TD

Rec Yards

1.5 TD

TD are a product of offensive schemes and playcalling. That offense is still a throw first offense, even Bradshaw's TD number if starting won't be great.

Yes ..... BUT

The Colts have a new offensiive coordinator who wants to establish the run:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/05/colts-new-coordinator-has-old-school-ways/

I gotsa me some Bradshaw going this weekend. I hope he runs like a lightning bolt.

Yes ..... BUT

The Colts have a new offensiive coordinator who wants to establish the run:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/05/colts-new-coordinator-has-old-school-ways/

There's a difference between establishing a run (which with Bradshaw I can see) and switching to a "run first team". I can see them running a bit more but Luck will still be throwing often. That's just the type of team they will be. That's like being worried the falcons will become a more running team than a passing team

I am hearing from a reliable source (GoColts) that Bradshaw's touches may be limited this week. Anyone reading this anywhere else?

Trying to decide between him and D Richardson at a flex.

7 carries for 26 yards...3.7 avg.

1 reception for 7 yards

8 touches.

Bradshaw is going to realize very quickly that running behind a below average offensive line in the NFL isn't going to be fun.

Ballard had a decent game...

13 carries 63 yards...4.8 avg.

i'm thinking this guy is way under valued ...,thinking of swapping him out this week for reggie bush ..i like the tasty oakland matchup

:nono:

7 carries for 26 yards...3.7 avg.

1 reception for 7 yards

8 touches.

Bradshaw is going to realize very quickly that running behind a below average offensive line in the NFL isn't going to be fun.

Ballard had a decent game...

13 carries 63 yards...4.8 avg.

We have a Bradshaw troll...

I don't think anyone could consistently contradict themselves more than you.

First you quote Bradshaw's 3.2 avg and say their line is bad. Then you quote Ballard's avg and say he did a decent job. Did they swap out lines for each RB?

Clearly, the Colts are working him in slowly. And I wouldn't expect much next week in a tough match up either. But, he will get his chance down the road and we will see whether he was value or not.

Bradshaw has always been criminally undervalued. He's a tough, dynamic player that has consistently finished in the top 20 in a system that has been RBBC since Joe Meggett and Ottis Anderson. The Giants practically invented RBBC.

Ballard is a plodder. He doesn't even have the same kinds of skills Brandon Jacobs has, although he is younger. Bradshaw is also an excellent goal line back. He adds a dimension to the Colts offense that they haven't had since Edgerrin James. I drafted Bradshaw this year as my #2 RB in my big money league.

I just don't see much benefit to giving Ballard a lot of carries, other than to spell Bradshaw.

Dave Meggett, you azz meggett

First you quote Bradshaw's 3.2 avg and say their line is bad. Then you quote Ballard's avg and say he did a decent job. Did they swap out lines for each RB?

Fact: The line was rated by many to be the 'worst' in the league.

Fact: You guys are smashing Ballard because of his 'LOW' yards per carry average and now when Bradsaw puts up the same average shouldn't it also put him in the 'bad' category? Who's contradicting who now?

Fact: The line didn't change, but Ballard OUTPEFORM Bradshaw in this week. Why can't that happen? Because you said so?

Man up when you are wrong.

Clearly, the Colts are working him in slowly. And I wouldn't expect much next week in a tough match up either. But, he will get his chance down the road and we will see whether he was value or not.

Do not swap him out for Bush...

He is undervalued, but there is no indication how much he will play this week. My guess is 15 touches, would should be a good flex play.

Play Bush while he's healthy

Man up bro. You were wrong.

Your first post and today's post are classic backpedaled post.