Sign in to follow this  
track 1

Falcons fans, come in here. I got something to say about our False Superstar QB

He really ain't good enough when he's making elite level money. All teams with elite money QB's are flawed as a team. If you pay an QB an elite level money, he has to be able to carry his team because his team will be flawed. Matt can win with a flawed team. He needs everything hitting on all cylinders. I been calling this guy out for years because I foreseen it. Nothing has changed but he's gonna more defenders. He's an excellent game manager and a good QB but that's all he is. As well are built right now, it's better if we move on from Ryan.

A caller on a local sports radio show said something funny about how Matty "Ice" refers to his propensity for going cold in the playoffs.

Not agreeing with the OP but even though Ryan posted a nice fantasy line yesterday he missed several crucial throws.

The 4-2 on the run to Roddy, leading Gonzo too much late, and not giving Roddy a shot at the end.

Matt Ryan is one of the most pressured QBs in the league. Hard to make every single throw when your line isn't giving you time to throw.

Fact is, QBs get all the glory when their teams are really good, but the criticism when they're not. ATL is a terribly flawed team....their O-line, defense.....their drafts.....their FA signings. Everything about that franchise has been flawed.

Hard to place all that on Ryan.

He's a good enough QB to win with. The fact the Falcons have sputtered has more to do with their organization than with Ryan.

Also....he placed a perfect throw on the backup TEs hands in the endzone....but the dude dropped it. He catches it....and the Falcons kick a last second FG to force OT and the narrative suddenly changes.

"Matt Ryan is one of the most pressured QBs in the league."

Now is that a byproduct of his offensive line or his inability to read defenses? Why isn't this an issue with Manning, Brees and Brady?

he looked like crap yesterday. Couple of passes he sailed in the redzone which would have likely been TDs. I was amazed how crappy he looked actually...

He looks good a lot of the time, but then, especially in the 4th quarter he throws too many "PONDER" type passes.

Matt Ryan did not play as well as he needed to last night. He was off in pressure situations, until the Pats went up 30-13 and he could feast on the prevent defense.

You could point to the Falcons' defense or lack of running game for reasons why they lost and both are valid. But if Ryan had played better on third and fourth down in those first three quarters the Falcons would've been right there with the Pats instead of attempting a miracle comeback.

It is true that you can win with him though, if he has a very good team around him. So I wouldn't put him with the truly elite guys who can will a decent team to greatness, but he is a top 10 QB.

"Matt Ryan is one of the most pressured QBs in the league."

Now is that a byproduct of his offensive line or his inability to read defenses? Why isn't this an issue with Manning, Brees and Brady?

I'd think it'd be hard to throw for 400 yards when you're confused what the defense is throwing your way. :dunno:

Are you really comparing Ryan with the best QBs in the league? Those guys are HOFs. Ryan is not. But that doesn't mean Ryan is a scrub. He's an above average QB. He's good, not great.

Matt Ryan did not play as well as he needed to last night. He was off in pressure situations, until the Pats went up 30-13 and he could feast on the prevent defense.

You could point to the Falcons' defense or lack of running game for reasons why they lost and both are valid. But if Ryan had played better on third and fourth down in those first three quarters the Falcons would've been right there with the Pats instead of attempting a miracle comeback.

It is true that you can win with him though, if he has a very good team around him. So I wouldn't put him with the truly elite guys who can will a decent team to greatness, but he is a top 10 QB.

The truly elite guys like Brees, Manning, Rodgers and Brady......who've all had help winning championships. None of them willed their teams to greatness. They all benefited from good defenses.

In fact, look at Brady and Manning's postseason stats. More times than not, they're the reason their teams lose in the playoffs.

Also, Julio Jones could barely walk when the Falcons were down big. Then they scored and recovered an onside kick, then suddenly Julio can blaze down the sideline with ease.

Roddy White has been hobbled for what seems like 17 weeks....yet continues to play at a reduced effectiveness just so he can keep his games streak alive.

Like I said, there's something wrong with ATL.....and it ain't Ryan.

Hey either way as a Saints fan I'm loving this.

I think the Falcs had a window last year while the Saints were down for a moment.

Hopefully at 1-3 it's good bye and good riddance for 2013.