Sign in to follow this  
benglish88

Jared Cooked?

Didn't get a chance to watch this one yesterday...was it just a bad day for him? I thought a bad day for him would include at least 3 or 4 grabs, but that was downright pitiful.

Living in St. Louis, I can tell you this was our biggest fear. He took plays off yesterday. Lots of them. He didn't run his routes like he did in week one and he flat out dogged some of the plays. When we signed him, the coaches in TN said Cook has more potential than any TE in the game, but he will never live up to it. There wasn't a single play where he was outrunning the LB'ers or even open alone. Some of that was good linebacker play by Atlanta, but a LOT of it was Cook not hustling. He must have frustrated the Coach too as there were several plays with only one TE and the TE wasn't Cook, it was Kendricks.

Oh gees....give a guy all that money and he poops the bed......Man, talk about drinking the Koolaid! I was all in. I hope he shows up next week. He keeeeeeld me this week.

Welcome to tight ends. Only a few of the drafted-late guys were as good as they were last week--Martellus Bennett was, and Jordan Cameron came close. Gonzalez, Witten, and VD all had garbage days, too.

Eager to see what the deal with Saffold's injury is. Hopefully he won't miss much time, but him being on crutches isn't the most encouraging sign. I could see more in-line blocking situations from STL TEs if he does. That was Cook's biggest hurdle to overcome last year, as Craig Stevens was a superior blocker and earned more time on the field.

People who expect TE to produce every week are dreaming. They are fluky by nature. I lost my game by benching Rudolphs 10 pnts for Clarks 0, its just how it goes. ont play matchups, dont overthink, just play a guy unless u have a top 3-4 guy, in wich case hope for a big game but dont be shocked if its a dud.

People who expect TE to produce every week are dreaming. They are fluky by nature. I lost my game by benching Rudolphs 10 pnts for Clarks 0, its just how it goes. ont play matchups, dont overthink, just play a guy unless u have a top 3-4 guy, in wich case hope for a big game but dont be shocked if its a dud.

I drafted Cook as my starter and I'll stick with him a few weeks.

Rotoworld now reports that he can safely be dropped in even the deepest leagues and his fantasy relevance is zero. Until his next good game.

Agree completely. If you drafted Cook, you likely got him late, so you should be stacked enough at other positions to ride out a bad game. TE's are the most difficult position to rank accurately. Sometimes their final rankings are skewed by just a couple of excellent games over the course of the season, which makes their average look much better than it truly is.

I drafted Finley as my main guy this season and sat him on Sunday thinking his toe would be an issue. My TE scored me almost 3 full points. It didn't matter in the end, but if you are relying on your TE position to "win" you games, you are likely in trouble already.

Agree completely. If you drafted Cook, you likely got him late, so you should be stacked enough at other positions to ride out a bad game. TE's are the most difficult position to rank accurately. Sometimes their final rankings are skewed by just a couple of excellent games over the course of the season, which makes their average look much better than it truly is.

I drafted Finley as my main guy this season and sat him on Sunday thinking his toe would be an issue. My TE scored me almost 3 full points. It didn't matter in the end, but if you are relying on your TE position to "win" you games, you are likely in trouble already.

Emmmmmm.......I did get him late. He did produce (game 1), and then he scored 1 point. That is my point. Is he the anchor of my team.....? No, do I expect better than one point from him? ABSOLUTELY.

You can say what you please about good games and bad games and the difficulty predicting the TE position, but at the end of the day, if a guy has the tools and the right situation (as he does) then yes I DO expect more out of him than 1 CATCH.

Do you see the difference in the variance between week 1 and week 2? I sure do. I was just saying that 1 point is atrocious. Even a crappy day should yield more points for him. I don't expect the world of him every week, even the best don't always shine. Just give me 2, 3, 4 catches. I question his effort in this matter........

To your point about relying on your TE to win you games, you too will rely on yours to win you a game. Every point matters in my league. I believe it matters in yours unless you are playing against a bunch of 5 year olds.

People who expect TE to produce every week are dreaming. They are fluky by nature.

That's why Jimmy Graham's ADP is so high and all the other TE's are crapshoots. You get WR2 production from a TE position and you'll still be able to find plenty of WR2 in rounds 3-5

TE's are a pain in the butt. I drafted three of them simply out of anguish over last year because that position is just flaky at best. As posted above, witten had a 4 yesterday, I think gonzo managed 7, and thankfully I too was torched Cajun style with Graham and his 26+ :banana:

On Cook I don't know but it doesn't sound promising... my point is just that, even if you own three killer TE, you might might have days where one of them outscored two others twice, and the TE position in FF just sucks like that.

In that Denver offense, I see Julius staying at #2 behind Graham much of the year. His second game he was was worked into check-downs and primary routes, promising.

Poor Demaryius and Decker, Welker and Julius are gonna hurt.

Ah, the ups and downs and overreactions of a fantasy season...

Cook is a good player- not as good as 141 and a score suggests, and not as bad as 1 catch for 11 yards suggests.

When the dust settles on the season, I think you're looking at a 900 yard, 6-7 TD type of guy. Not Jimmy Graham, but pretty darned good for a tight end.

Rotoworld now reports that he can safely be dropped in even the deepest leagues and his fantasy relevance is zero. Until his next good game.

:doublethumbsup:

kffl.com said JImmy Graham would amount to nothing in august of 2011

:doh:

Emmmmmm.......I did get him late. He did produce (game 1), and then he scored 1 point. That is my point. Is he the anchor of my team.....? No, do I expect better than one point from him? ABSOLUTELY.

You can say what you please about good games and bad games and the difficulty predicting the TE position, but at the end of the day, if a guy has the tools and the right situation (as he does) then yes I DO expect more out of him than 1 CATCH.

Do you see the difference in the variance between week 1 and week 2? I sure do. I was just saying that 1 point is atrocious. Even a crappy day should yield more points for him. I don't expect the world of him every week, even the best don't always shine. Just give me 2, 3, 4 catches. I question his effort in this matter........

To your point about relying on your TE to win you games, you too will rely on yours to win you a game. Every point matters in my league. I believe it matters in yours unless you are playing against a bunch of 5 year olds.

I think the point made before is that 99% of TE's are hit or miss and very few CONSISTENTLY put up points. I tend to go by the assumption that TE's will do well every other week at best, and thus usually won't start the same one twice in a row unless the matchup is good.

I think the point made before is that 99% of TE's are hit or miss and very few CONSISTENTLY put up points. I tend to go by the assumption that TE's will do well every other week at best, and thus usually won't start the same one twice in a row unless the matchup is good.

Yes I understand completely, but very few are only going to have 1 catch after an almost 3 td performance the week prior is my point.

Just show up a little Cook! You don't have to be a world beater.

Ah, the ups and downs and overreactions of a fantasy season...

Cook is a good player- not as good as 141 and a score suggests, and not as bad as 1 catch for 11 yards suggests.

When the dust settles on the season, I think you're looking at a 900 yard, 6-7 TD type of guy. Not Jimmy Graham, but pretty darned good for a tight end.

Yes, no reason I can't vent here on the FFT board!

I don't think there is any doubt he will exceed these numbers, in the TD department. I believe he will have at least 10 td's and around 1000 yrds this season.

You're joking right?

Yes, no reason I can't vent here on the FFT board!

I don't think there is any doubt he will exceed these numbers, in the TD department. I believe he will have at least 10 td's and around 1000 yrds this season.

naah i think you're buuuuugin hard! Like you just ate too many pot brownies hard...put the pipe down son!

If its true that he takes plays off, then this may not be possible. He DEFINITELY has the talent, but I'll need to see what he does the next 2-3 weeks.

Not sure how your drafts went, but in mine, the TE's all went higher than they should have. In my main money league, Graham went at 1.11. That is insane. Actually, not insane, just stupid. To his credit, if you can call it that, the owner is 1-1. His team is boom or bust though and in a 12 team league, too many of those players will get you right to the cusp of the playoffs, but not actually inside. Vernon Davis, Jason Witten, Tony Gonzalez and Greg Olson all went in the first four rounds. Will they end the year better than Finley, Cook or a couple other guys? Probably not. Graham should, but he's certainly not worth the 1.11 in any format. After these guys, there was a huge gap between the next TE's drafted. I'm not a believer in V. Davis, so I waited on the guy I had ranked as the 5th TE, Finley, and got him as the 11th TE off the board. Too many owners have been burned by him in the past.

Taking Cook and expecting great things is all fine and good, but every TE has a down game. It's only week 2. Graham wasn't great in week one. Look at this last weekend..... Davis, Clark, Witten... They all sucked. My point is a TE should never make/break your team unless you spent an early pick on one. Maybe your league is the one filled with 5 year olds... lol I usually have one game a season that is within 7 to 8 points of my competitor. If all your games are decided by this or less, you are doing something wrong, or no better than your competition.

Bradford is a timing QB that gets the ball out well in short to intermediate routes. If something disrupts that timing... He can be off. So that puts the onus on two things going right for Rams players to have good games.

I think it will either be Austin in the slot or Cook having good games... With a couple goose eggs by the whole lot of them.

Not sure how your drafts went, but in mine, the TE's all went higher than they should have. In my main money league, Graham went at 1.11. That is insane. Actually, not insane, just stupid. To his credit, if you can call it that, the owner is 1-1. His team is boom or bust though and in a 12 team league, too many of those players will get you right to the cusp of the playoffs, but not actually inside. Vernon Davis, Jason Witten, Tony Gonzalez and Greg Olson all went in the first four rounds. Will they end the year better than Finley, Cook or a couple other guys? Probably not. Graham should, but he's certainly not worth the 1.11 in any format. After these guys, there was a huge gap between the next TE's drafted. I'm not a believer in V. Davis, so I waited on the guy I had ranked as the 5th TE, Finley, and got him as the 11th TE off the board. Too many owners have been burned by him in the past.

Taking Cook and expecting great things is all fine and good, but every TE has a down game. It's only week 2. Graham wasn't great in week one. Look at this last weekend..... Davis, Clark, Witten... They all sucked. My point is a TE should never make/break your team unless you spent an early pick on one. Maybe your league is the one filled with 5 year olds... lol I usually have one game a season that is within 7 to 8 points of my competitor. If all your games are decided by this or less, you are doing something wrong, or no better than your competition.

Lol, not all of my games are decided by this or less. I know of at least 3 times last season I was beaten by about 5 pts or less. Must be those 5 year olds. Can I join your league so I can win by a landslide?

AS I STATED EARLIER, I didn't get Cook early, like you, I waited.

I am doing nothing wrong by playing in a knowledgeable league. That ought to tell you something about what I'm up against. It's competitive. Get it?

that's odd. after last week, he was untradeable and was going to put up 100 + 2 TD's every week.

No, no, no! You are confusing him with Eddie Royal.

You're joking right?

Kinda. They'd never say that though as it makes it hard to change their position. They'd instead say that his production this week was "intriguing."

This post started off talking bad about Jared Cook and ended up talking bad about every TE in the NFL! :lol: