Sign in to follow this  
DrMantisToboggan

Questions that we need answers to before waivers on Tues night

How hurt is Steven Jackson?

How hurt is Ray rice?

How hurt is MJD and who is his back up?

How hurt is E. Lacy?

P.S I hate James Starks for making my fantasy hell in reality.

P.S I hate James Starks for making my fantasy hell in reality.

^^ Seconded... As a Lacy owner i'm really nervous that GB will continue to ride the hot hand... i'm guessing Lacy will either see a RBBC approach, or starks with the majority of the carries until he "david wilson's" himself...

Out of all of these I think that Ray Rice's is the most serious after watching the replays.

He went down non-contact style, and grabbed at it before he went down. Now I hear they ARE planning for an MRI.

I have the #1 WW priorty and Pierce is available.

Had a feeling it was going to be this kind of year. My first three picks are hurt. Rice, Jackson, Fitzgerald. Looks like Rice is hurt the most. Damn this game.

In before someone calls me out.

Yes I play in a 10 team PPR league (not 12) and yes we only have 5 bench spots with no IR spot.

No problem - I'm in a 12 man standard and Pierce is available there too. I'm hoping to get him with the #2 waiver.

And don't worry about these morons who call people out for someone being available. If a fantasy football league renders you a "female genitalia" to these losers, then what does that say about them....lol.

Dropped Ivory and grabbed Pierce last week just because I was done with Ivory...lucky grab.

I went back and forth Thursday Pierce or Blackmon

Went with Blackmon :mad:

Jaquizz Rodgers is available too.

Lets hypothetically say that SJax is out for season... I own Sjax but I dont think ATL will give Jaquizz the workhorse role. Prob 60-40 timeshare with Snelling. Falcons homers reply please.

I'll try to drop an update on you guys tonight on all of these injury situations. So far, when i checked sources at noon, the news has all been good. So don't over-react to anything right now. This stuff tends to dribble out anyway. However M Bennett (shoulder) and MJD are most concerning (don't plan on bidding on MJD's hand-cuff either), Reggie Bush's situation looks very good right now.

Oh BTW, plan on at least another two weeks before you even think of Amendola in your line-ups.

I'll try to drop an update on you guys tonight on all of these injury situations. So far, when i checked sources at noon, the news has all been good. So don't over-react to anything right now.

I agree with this...initial reaction was that it was going to be a pricey week in our bidding, but now its shaping up to be a roll of the dice. I think Lacey is the one that is the biggest roll of the dice, because most often times concussion stuff is so tight lipped to prevent backlash from the media etc. Lacey may still think he is in Alabama, but if nobody else knows that, then they might trot him out there on Sunday.

I'm bummed with at first thinking we may get as many as 3 weekly starters up for bid...fast forward to current and maybe your getting a RBBC at best.

Lacy will need more concussion testing ....So i doubt if you will have a definitive answer by Tuesday night. At this time, I'd plan on not having him this next weekend. Reports on R Rice are somewhat optimistic. No MRI is scheduled, but hip flexors can be a multi-week thing with a RB who relies on quick lateral cuts. It does appear to be mainly a pain tolerance issue.

Most of you don't care, but I d say you can shelve Mal Floyd for a while.

Again, it is way too early to do much more than speculate. Most of the reports are from notoriously unreliable 'coach speak'.

its looking good for reggie bush

:banana:

ditto for rice.

mjd, tendon sprain. doesnt sound serious, but they play seattle this week.

lacy :dunno:

I have Murry, Gore, DMAC, Ridley on my team all healthy... was trying to trade one last week for a WR... was offered crap guys. Glad I didn't except one. Soon they will be worth much more

Lacy will need more concussion testing ....So i doubt if you will have a definitive answer by Tuesday night. At this time, I'd plan on not having him this next weekend. Reports on R Rice are somewhat optimistic. No MRI is scheduled, but hip flexors can be a multi-week thing with a RB who relies on quick lateral cuts. It does appear to be mainly a pain tolerance issue.

Most of you don't care, but I d say you can shelve Mal Floyd for a while.

Again, it is way too early to do much more than speculate. Most of the reports are from notoriously unreliable 'coach speak'.

I just saw on NFL insiders that Ravens are now planning an MRI for RIce.

BTW I should've listened to you the other day and grabbed Pierce instead of Blackmon. Tip of the hat sir.

I guess my main question is should I burn my #1 WW pick on Pierce?

If we don't hear anything more on Rice I'm thinking I should, after watching him go down non contact style it kind of looked serious to me.

If anyone knows the Ravens team Dr. personally please ask him b/c something smells in Baltimore.

I saw how rice went down and I tell ya I have done that exact thing...now my knee is trashed in comparison sure, but what I saw made me wince, I usually can't walk right for a week when I tweak it like that so the fact he kinda went down untouched, bad sign IMO... if he has my knees, it's serious.

Lacy got hit hard but might be fine, not sure it will matter because the NFL now stops entire games over lightning. I can see his return clearance taking a month just to be over cautious.

Don't count on Lacy for Week 3. Green Bay's bye is Week 4 and they'll likely rest him to give him two solid weeks of recovery time, at a minimum

Don't count on Lacy for Week 3. Green Bay's bye is Week 4 and they'll likely rest him to give him two solid weeks of recovery time, at a minimum

+1......What he said.....I agree 99.99%. But Starks will be an expensive one week filler.

I just saw on NFL insiders that Ravens are now planning an MRI for RIce.

BTW I should've listened to you the other day and grabbed Pierce instead of Blackmon. Tip of the hat sir.

I guess my main question is should I burn my #1 WW pick on Pierce?

If we don't hear anything more on Rice I'm thinking I should, after watching him go down non contact style it kind of looked serious to me.

If anyone knows the Ravens team Dr. personally please ask him b/c something smells in Baltimore.

Regardless of what you hear about Ray-Ray, burn your #1 priority pick on Pierce. Even if Rice is healthy this week, Pierce will always qualify as a reasonable flex option.

Dude why is concussion now a multi week thing? Its a freakin headache, u take some advil qnd move on! Jesus man I see no reason Lacy cant play this week normally, now people are saying even might miss thru week 5?! This is horsedung man, Andre J should be fine so why the hell not Lacy? This is garbage.

Dude why is concussion now a multi week thing? Its a freakin headache, u take some advil qnd move on! Jesus man I see no reason Lacy cant play this week normally, now people are saying even might miss thru week 5?! This is horsedung man, Andre J should be fine so why the hell not Lacy? This is garbage.

I know you are trolling, but concussions were a $765,000,000 headache for the NFL. That is a lot of advil.