Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Guys the Chiefs arent that good... believe me

Meanwhile the broncos played exactly one team with a winning record and lost to them.

This and they really really could have easily lost to Dallas too

• Like 1

8-0 so far. One win against a .500 team (Cowboys), all other wins against teams with a losing record.

So yes winning eight games is an accomplishment, but they really haven't beaten anybody this year. Starting with Week 11 (two games each with Denver and San Diego, plus Indy) we'll find out what this team is made of.

So beating a team that's over .500 at the time they play them doesn't count?The Titans were 3-1 when KC went on thr road to their house and beat them,the Cowboys were 1-0 when they came to Arrowhead.

8-0 is 8-0. They are a very good team. I have my doubts about Alex Smith and the passing offense come playoff time but you could point to a potential weakness on any of the likely playoff teams.

:thumbsup:

As a KC fan who hasn't missed a snap of any game I can say I too am concerned about the offense but then again at least to this point there's really been no need to open it up much because they haven't been behind much.I do know that they remind of old school football,run the clock,take care of the football,play great defense and win the turnover battle.

As a niner fan I hope they go 0-8 the rest of the way :thumbsup:

But regardless of schedule going 8-0 is tough. Don't see how they can put up the points to play with Denver though.

I don't know the ins and outs of the Alex smith deal but don't the 49ers want to the chiefs and Smith do well? The better they do the better the draft pick isn't it? Or is the deal capped already?

I don't know the ins and outs of the Alex smith deal but don't the 49ers want to the chiefs and Smith do well? The better they do the better the draft pick isn't it? Or is the deal capped already?

Deal peaked with 8 wins. That moved the 2014 pick from a 3rd to a 2nd. So now the worse they do the higher that 2nd pick is.

This and they really really could have easily lost to Dallas too

Yes and as I have said, KC playing at home should have lost to Dallas..... they got super lucky

As of today, I agree with the above statement.

His best days are behind him.

I doubt he'll have another 320 yard rec outburst again in his career.

Yes and as I have said, KC playing at home should have lost to Dallas..... they got super lucky

Why? How?

You probably think Denver and Detroit did too.

That defense will need to carry them in the playoffs because Alex Smith won't.

didn't alex smith play really well in the playoffs a few years ago? the chiefs haven't asked him to do much, constantly playing with the lead. when they have rarely asked him to make plays to salt a game away or even score when they were behind against a solid tenn. def on the road, he did. alex gets a bum rap because he's not worth much in fantasy but really his o-line is average to below average and outside of Charles his weapons are below average too. he's been better than a lot of big name guys like eli or brady that's for sure.

Wow... Lots of "could have" and "should have" statements.

Not good for arguements sake. Why not give credit when credit is due? As of today, the Chiefs are 8-0 and are the best team in professional football. Sure, they may lose to Denver in a few weeks, but until then to all the Nay-Sayers... Please STFU.

didn't alex smith play really well in the playoffs a few years ago? the chiefs haven't asked him to do much, constantly playing with the lead. when they have rarely asked him to make plays to salt a game away or even score when they were behind against a solid tenn. def on the road, he did. alex gets a bum rap because he's not worth much in fantasy but really his o-line is average to below average and outside of Charles his weapons are below average too. he's been better than a lot of big name guys like eli or brady that's for sure.

He did play well against a bending New Orleans defense, and they probably beat the Giants in that NFC Championship game without those special teams blunders. But to extend deep into the playoffs you need a QB who is a threat to stretch defenses, who can be a weapon in and of himself. Alex Smith was ran out of Frisco for that very reason. If the Chiefs defense can carry that team in the playoffs, and allow Smith to be the game manager he is, he'll be fine. Or I should say they'll be fine.