Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

David Wilson bout to BLOW UP?

Okay Eagles RUN def sucks. If he can't do it against them then I've seriously lost hope. Scott is gone and Jacobs sucks. Lets see what happens if they actually run the ball 25-30 with Wilson ill bet you one thing they won't be getting blown out. Also if they run the ball That will allow that DSt to get some air they will need going against that hurry up...

I don't disagree that he's bound to blow up one of these weeks, BUT......

Didn't you recently start a thread about starting threads like this one? You're your own problem.

I just don't get what Coughlin is trying to accomplish. With his history of playing a hardarse, Wilson is always going to be 1 mistake away from the pine. Coughlin will bring in Jacobs or a practice squad RB just to prove a point....what that point is: Absolute Power.

Dispite if it's good for the team/that player - his indifference when dealing with his players is well documented & boarderlines on stupidity/insanity, with a touch of genius on occasion.

His shtick is wearing thin & I think the players are starting to doubt him. Sometimes the best way to learn & to improve is by mistakes....even if they cost you wins now. The experience of overcoming mistakes can only be learned by repetition. The only thing Wilson & the Giants are learning is that their coach is willing to chastise their season to prove a point. A point that is valid to a degree, but at what cost?

Good luck Wilson owners.

I just don't get what Coughlin is trying to accomplish. With his history of playing a hardarse, Wilson is always going to be 1 mistake away from the pine. Coughlin will bring in Jacobs or a practice squad RB just to prove a point....what that point is: Absolute Power.

Dispite if it's good for the team/that player - his indifference when dealing with his players is well documented & boarderlines on stupidity/insanity, with a touch of genius on occasion.

His shtick is wearing thin & I think the players are starting to doubt him. Sometimes the best way to learn & to improve is by mistakes....even if they cost you wins now. The experience of overcoming mistakes can only be learned by repetition. The only thing Wilson & the Giants are learning is that their coach is willing to chastise their season to prove a point. A point that is valid to a degree, but at what cost?

Good luck Wilson owners.

Can't disagree, the NY radio stations seem to think that Coughlin is a lock to finish the year as HC. IDK though, he seems to have "lost" this team and the Giants have the look of team that is very close to quitting on Coughlin.

As for Wilson, he is starting to see some increased action and is showing some consistency and as the OP says, this could be the week.

Can't disagree, the NY radio stations seem to think that Coughlin is a lock to finish the year as HC. IDK though, he seems to have "lost" this team and the Giants have the look of team that is very close to quitting on Coughlin.

As for Wilson, he is starting to see some increased action and is showing some consistency and as the OP says, this could be the week.

see increase? 4 games 5 targets 3 receptions for 8 yards. 38 carries for 130 yards. Team absolute mess. Can't even say they have a defense. Anyone else not named Wilson would have been cut and written off in fantasy football. Accept the fact that for whatever reason he is not worth even starting except purely out of a bye week filler and very borderline and i mean very borderline to even occupy a roster spot. Everything else is just simple lies your telling yourself. Just trying to justify taking him in early in the draft like me and refusing to face the facts that i up in drafting him.

Wilson will have no value as long as the Defense plays like a sieve. He doesn't play in the hurry up and he doesn't catch check downs. If your investing in Wilson then your investing in the Giants.

EDIT: I do think Wilson breaks a long run at some point soon, and everyone will jump on him....but I just don't see consistency in the running game with so many holes in the team as a unit. If the Giants improve then Wilson improves.

Problem is Philly will get up early and the running game will be shot. Maybe then he'll pick up some rec. with Scott gone but to really see what he has, he needs 20ish carries.

I can't see how getting rid of Scott means anything but good news for Wilson.

Strahan said about Coughlin, aka "The General", "Coughlin for me went from being a coach I wouldn't play for, to being the only coach I would ever play for."

Wilson is going to get it, eventually. Coughlin will be as hard on him as it takes, until he gets it. Or he will fail, and they will trade/cut him. Welcome to the NFL. Wilson might have a good week this week, and then fumble the week after that, and be in the doghouse again, but he will stop fumbling, or he will stop playing for the New York Giants. Period.

Here's my thought.

PICK UP ANDRE BROWN if he's available...

I actually drafted him in the 6th round. Brown got hurt, at some point during my draft, or right afterwards, as did Robert Housler. It's possible my opponents knew he was hurt and that's why he fell to me in the 6th.

I never waived him. He's never been available off the wire in my league. Still have Housler too, but am about to give up on him.

No, I took V-Jax in the 3rd, got Brown in the 6th, it's possible other people knew he was hurt. I didn't.

Thanks for the update. I was starting to worry.

I don't disagree that he's bound to blow up one of these weeks, BUT......

Didn't you recently start a thread about starting threads like this one? You're your own problem.

Spot on. Though, in his defense, he did pose it as a question.

Okay Eagles RUN def sucks. If he can't do it against them then I've seriously lost hope. Scott is gone and Jacobs sucks. Lets see what happens if they actually run the ball 25-30 with Wilson ill bet you one thing they won't be getting blown out. Also if they run the ball That will allow that DSt to get some air they will need going against that hurry up...

there you go . now lets see if the o line can block anyone

Wilson looked really good running the ball last week which is probably part of the reason why Scott got cut. I'm with OP and predcting a breakout week for him against a weak Eagles D. Something like 17 carries 90 yards and a TD. And no fumble...

Yer wrong. A 6 foot 5, 265 pound RB with 2 SB rings, that can block is gonna be in for more snaps than you think, until Andre Brown comes back.

I hope I'm wrong, but in redraft ... Wilson next year.

The issue is along the offensive line. Wilson has no room to run, Eli has no time to throw. Nicks can't get early separation, Giants have no viable TE threat.

Attitude adjustments aside, it's hard to polish this turd. The defense doesn't help as they allow the opposition to score and put the pressure on the Giants offense.

I just traded Wilson and Ja Jones for Spiller. On a better team with more upside. Never thought I would be saying that Buffalo is a better team than the NY Giants.

I was offered Wilson for an injured SJax today. I thought about it and the possibilities of a nice steal but then I remembered who I was looking at. I think that I would rather have an old cripple ride my bench than a young potential stud continually underperform and lose me games.

There O line is the problem. you traded for Spiller? haha sucker.

Awesome. Only one post in and you're already being an ass hole.

Oh, and it's "their". Try not to look so stupid if you're going to come around being a troll. itsatip

Eagles run D is a bit deceiving. They're ranked 26 in yards allowed and have more attempts against them than all but 6 teams in the league. Basically, they've fallen behind so far, so fast that teams have been able to settle into a time control game early.

But their 4.1 per carry (which includes a ridiculous 9.8 per carry vs KC) is as good as or better than 15 other teams, including the likes of Indy and Seattle. Their real issues have been dealing with the intermediate passing game and third down conversions.

If you've got faith in the Giants passing game to get out to a big lead, then I could see a good day for Wilson (until the inevitable mental error). I'm just wondering if the Giants are suddenly going to find an offensive explosion or if, as the eye test would tell you, they suck just as bad as Philly and could be playing a very close game. As desperate as NY is for a win, does Coughlin trust Wilson enough to feed him in a must win situation?

I was offered Wilson for an injured SJax today. I thought about it and the possibilities of a nice steal but then I remembered who I was looking at. I think that I would rather have an old cripple ride my bench than a young potential stud continually underperform and lose me games.

Why? At least things could potentially turn around for the young stud

The problem here is the team.

Preseason this looked like a good sitaution - young talented 1st round RB emerging in a winning program.

Now, RB taken as a reach can't handle the load, on 0-4 team, with poor blocking, a defens that won't hold up or get turnovers, a QB who has suddenly lost it, and a coach on the hot seat.

And yes Brown will come back, even if Wilson turns it around and even if he gets all the carries and catches now, right about playoff time he will be suddenly sharing carries again.

Why? At least things could potentially turn around for the young stud

Wilson has had 4 weeks to do something...anything. He came up with a whopping 9 FF points in 4 games. A one legged kicker could have done that. If it looks like a turd and smells like a turd, it is probably a turd. Jackson will eventually come back and will outperform WIlson. Wilson may have a couple of good games where he busts off a big TD run but I don't want to be tempted to play him and get his usual 3 points a game waiting for it to happen.

Let me clarify, I would rather have an old cripple ride my bench than a young potential stud continually underperform and lose me games...because I will be tempted to start him. Just my 2 cents.