Sign in to follow this  
Raiders release Matt Flynn...

lol there were people claiming Rodgers was a system QB and Flynn might be better because he had a better stat day at the end of a season a couple of years ago, and now he's gone to being released by the Raiders.

He must be truly awful.

lol there were people claiming Rodgers was a system QB and Flynn might be better because he had a better stat day at the end of a season a couple of years ago, and now he's gone to being released by the Raiders.

He must be truly awful.

It has been suggested by Seattle and Oakland that the guy simply does not put the work in required of a NFL starting QB. He refused to watch film with Russell Wilson on flights home to Seattle last year. Refused. Instead Warren Moon would watch with Wilson. Fock Matt Flynn!

Come back to Green Bay Flynn. We need an upgrade on our clip board holder.

It has been suggested by Seattle and Oakland that the guy simply does not put the work in required of a NFL starting QB. He refused to watch film with Russell Wilson on flights home to Seattle last year. Refused. Instead Warren Moon would watch with Wilson. Fock Matt Flynn!

I've heard the same and it's puzzling. The guy certainly wasn't a sure thing coming out of college, and you'd think he'd be desperate to show that the GB game wasn't a fluke.

Could be he's the guy who decided that the $$$ was great, but only if you haven't been beaten up and concussed. Smart on one level. Pretty pitiful on all others.

well, the raiders may have done him a favour in letting him go.

that organization is a mess.

Come back to Green Bay Flynn. We need an upgrade on our clip board holder.

Maybe this was his/Green Bay's masterplan all along.

"You go get paid, and when you're done, come home."

Maybe this was his/Green Bay's masterplan all along.

"You go get paid, and when you're done, come home."

Fairly confident you're saying this to the in cheek but it reminded me of the dude claiming fisher is tanking games to get the USC gig...

I hope you're not being serious...

I've heard the same and it's puzzling. The guy certainly wasn't a sure thing coming out of college, and you'd think he'd be desperate to show that the GB game wasn't a fluke.

Could be he's the guy who decided that the $$$ was great, but only if you haven't been beaten up and concussed. Smart on one level. Pretty pitiful on all others.

Absolutely.

What's pitiful about it? Do you want to be a concussed cripple at the age of 40 needing assistance to wipe your own ass?

The money is the only good thing about this violent sport. If you had a son or a daughter, you wouldn't want them playing this if they could make money as doctors or lawyers instead. Even if they didn't make as much, which they likely wouldn't, those professions are better for their health.

That's why it's mostly poor people playing this game. There are a few exceptions, but the vast majority come from poor backgrounds.

What's pitiful about it? Do you want to be a concussed cripple at the age of 40 needing assistance to wipe your own ass?

The money is the only good thing about this violent sport. If you had a son or a daughter, you wouldn't want them playing this if they could make money as doctors or lawyers instead. Even if they didn't make as much, which they likely wouldn't, those professions are better for their health.

That's why it's mostly poor people playing this game. There are a few exceptions, but the vast majority come from poor backgrounds.

If I had devoted my life to reaching a level of excellence, participating among the elite in my field, I'd like to think that I would want to maximize that opportunity.

If he did so in regards to money, and that's ok with him, I already said it's smart.

But to simply refuse to put in the work once you got paid in what some say was a calculated effort to take the money and run? It's not as if Flynn has a history of serious injury of which I'm aware. Also a QB, many of whom continue apparently to wipe their own butts at 40. Not like we're talking an O-lineman from the 70s.

I'll close with this. If you worked with a guy who got a huge raise, then coasted, didn't make an effort and was obviously riding the gravy train while you were busting your butt to succeed, would you feel the same way?

If I had devoted my life to reaching a level of excellence, participating among the elite in my field, I'd like to think that I would want to maximize that opportunity.

If he did so in regards to money, and that's ok with him, I already said it's smart.

But to simply refuse to put in the work once you got paid in what some say was a calculated effort to take the money and run? It's not as if Flynn has a history of serious injury of which I'm aware. Also a QB, many of whom continue apparently to wipe their own butts at 40. Not like we're talking an O-lineman from the 70s.

I'll close with this. If you worked with a guy who got a huge raise, then coasted, didn't make an effort and was obviously riding the gravy train while you were busting your butt to succeed, would you feel the same way?

Some people have no sense of personal pride :(