Sign in to follow this  
ffexpert

Who to Pick up to Replace Julio

I know none of these guys will replace Julio, but who would you pick up to try to be a weekly starter. On my Wire is Harry Douglas, Keenan Allen, Terrance Williams, Golden Tate, Denarius Moore. who are you picking up?

Denarius has been productive for me.

But my strategy when you don't have never-bench stud is pick up a bunch of players and start the ones that have a good match-up. It's a strategy that has never failed me.

• Like 1

streaming WR1's isn't usually a first choice, but it can work.

Yes I meant if trading for WR1 wasn't an option, you have to stream. Only works too if you have another WR that is consistent. Streaming two WRs will need to a lot of heartaches and headaches.

Denarius has been productive for me.

But my strategy when you don't have never-bench stud is pick up a bunch of players and start the ones that have a good match-up. It's a strategy that has never failed me.

Tell me where I can get a crystal ball

I know none of these guys will replace Julio, but who would you pick up to try to be a weekly starter. On my Wire is Harry Douglas, Keenan Allen, Terrance Williams, Golden Tate, Denarius Moore. who are you picking up?

Keenan Allen has the most upside IMO. Golden Tate has the most talent IMO. Everyone on your available list will most likely be inconsistent week in and week out as you know. That being side, I always opt for upside, and Allen would be my choice.

I'm a Julio owner and I feel compelled to burn my #4 waiver priority on, Allen...crossing my damn fingers.

I also drafted Bowe, and Steve Johnson. I'm phucked. :doh:

On the bright side, I heard that report about Werder picking up and starting, Terrance Williams and I did the same.

I'm a Julio owner and I feel compelled to burn my #4 waiver priority on, Allen...crossing my damn fingers.

I also drafted Bowe, and Steve Johnson. I'm phucked. :doh:

On the bright side, I heard that report about Werder picking up and starting, Terrance Williams and I did the same.

What's up with Stevie Johnson - was dropped in 2 of my leagues - is it that bad?

Allen is looking OK and all but the history of rookie WRs is pretty solid. Don't expect consistency.

I have to cast a vote toward Douglas as well. With Julio out and Roddy still hurting, I think defenses are gonna roll coverage toward Gonzalez. That should leave some one-on-one time for Douglas. The Atlanta defense is awful, so they will still have to score somehow. Also depends on short vs long term. Williams has maybe the highest one week ceiling if Miles Austin is out.

Harry Douglas, Keenan Allen, Terrance Williams, Golden Tate, Denarius Moore. who are you picking up?

I think I would cast my vote like this:

Long term:

Douglas

Moore

Allen

Tate

Williams

Short term:

Williams

Moore

Douglas (dropped in list due to bye week)

Tate

Allen

Is Pettis available, or Vincent Brown?

Most of these guys are owned in my league, but Douglas was available. I think is a viable long term option especially with Roddy lingering. I added him for about %10.

No love for Ted Ginn, Jr.?

LaFell LaStinks and Ginn seems to finally have learned how to play WR in the NFL. No doubting his speed still and Cam did pick things up down the stretch last year.

Two nice matchups on deck @ MIN and then vs. STL. :dunno:

I would be really surprised if Harry Douglas did much of anything, even with Roddy out too. I've been wrong plenty of times before though, so who knows.

Terrance Williams has Romo's trust and the kid has good hands and speed too.

Not to mention the high scoring potential of the Dallas offense.

What if Mike Williams was available ? I dropped him couple weeks ago, and he's quietly sitting there.

Douglass is, but not excited about him, I already have D. Moore.

If Blackmon is around, that is a great one....snatch him.

I don't think the problem is Ted Ginn, it is the Panthers coaching and (who is throwing him the football) hint hint.

Would be surprised if Blackmon was out there, but if so, get him. I think Terrance Williams is the next best pick up for the reasons p.man said.

What about Blackmon?

Should have been drafted. He was suspended, not dead.

I think in theory he is a good player...but he has been a drop machine so I don't think this is entirely accurate. Potential is certainly there though and he is as good of an add as any.

Should have been drafted. He was suspended, not dead.

I drafted him, then dropped him when I needed the roster spot, especially since gabbert was starting. now I've got priority and nobody picked him up yet.

Miles Austin returned to practice so I think Terrance is going back to the bench...

I have to cast a vote toward Douglas as well. With Julio out and Roddy still hurting, I think defenses are gonna roll coverage toward Gonzalez. That should leave some one-on-one time for Douglas. The Atlanta defense is awful, so they will still have to score somehow. Also depends on short vs long term. Williams has maybe the highest one week ceiling if Miles Austin is out.

Harry Douglas, Keenan Allen, Terrance Williams, Golden Tate, Denarius Moore. who are you picking up?

I think I would cast my vote like this:

Long term:

Douglas

Moore

Allen

Tate

Williams

Short term:

Williams

Moore

Douglas (dropped in list due to bye week)

Tate

Allen

Is Pettis available, or Vincent Brown?

if defenses are going to "converge" on Gonzales then the Falcons should have him clear out and run 40 draw plays -- have you looked at San Diego's schedule?-- they play their own division and still have a couple with the NFC East and nobody is going to unseat Allen with Floyd gone -- and the job he is doing he has had an increase in touches and is doing positive things with them--Atlanta is an afterthought Tony will have to retire or resign with KC next year to get into a Super Bowl