GobbleDog

DeSean Jackson facing Darrelle Revis this week

D Jackson

Week 1 @WAS: 7 rec, 104 yds, 1 TD

Week 2 SD: 9 rec, 193 yds, 1 TD

Week 3 KC: 3 rec, 62 yds

Week 4 @DEN: 2 rec, 34 yds

Week 5 @NYG: 7 rec, 132 yds, 1 TD

Week 6 @TB: Jackson is facing one of the best CBs in the NFL. Philly's QB will once again be 2nd year QB Nick Foles who played well last week in place of Vick, albeit against a horrific Giants defense.

Bucs are coming off a bye week. Previous games:

Week 4- Fitzgerald had 6 rec, 68 yds, 1 TD... I assume Revis covered him.?.

Week 3- vs Patriots... don't know who Revis covered, but the only WR that did much was Edleman with 2 TDs on 3 rec.

Week 2- vs the Saints... all WRs shutdown. Only TE Graham blew up.

Week 1- vs the Jets... all WRs shutdown. Only TE Winslow blew up.

Obviously you'd better have a solid back-up WR to consider benching Jackson given his stats this year regardless of who's covering him. So, any predictions?

I'm strongly considering playing Blackmon instead of Desean this week. But haven't decided for sure yet.

I think Revis can... but will he be on him all day? Foles looks for him a lot

how often do they break from the cover 2? desean seems to go mid-long routes over the middle and along the sideline most often... that's not revis' cover area in the scheme... but how often do they let him go man since he started complaining?

Im not too worried really. Not salivating, but not worried. He just needs a lucky grab or slip to make my fantasy day anyway, altho 7 rec would be nice to hit a bonus.

I didn't think Schiano was using Revis as a man to man cover guy? Wasn't Revis upset about how he was being used?

Those that will sit DJax because they see the name Revis are making a decision based on myth, not fact. Revis has NOT followed WRs from side to side, but rather has stayed on one side of the field, the defense's right side, the opposite side that DJax normally lines up, the right side of the offense.

Not saying Revis will not be on Djax at times, but highly doubtful he's on him all the time, or even half the time.

Those that will sit DJax because they see the name Revis are making a decision based on myth, not fact.

Perhaps.

But Revis + Nick Foles = confidence in starting a similar-ranked WR over Jackson.

• Like 1

Perhaps.

But Revis + Nick Foles = confidence in starting a similar-ranked WR over Jackson.

Haha using the math now hmm?

or the fact the bucs have just been good defensively this year, nick foles on the road, revis is the type of physical corner he struggles against, etc...i wouldn't bench him for a low to mid tier WR3 type who has a good matchup, but if you can plug in another top 20 wideout it's a no brainer to me

I am benching D-Jax today. I believe the Revis-Foles factor go against him. My league uses the WR/TE position, so I am starting Antonio Gates over him.

I honestly don't think Revis is that good. I think it was Rex's defensive schemes and coaching. Cromartie seems to be just as much a shut down corner that Revis was. Yet Revis doesn't seem to be that great on TB.

Debating whether to go Bowe for the breakout game against the Raiders or Djax on Revis Island...knowing full well whoever I bench will go off lol.

Debating whether to go Bowe for the breakout game against the Raiders or Djax on Revis Island...knowing full well whoever I bench will go off lol.

same boat my man

I honestly don't think Revis is that good. I think it was Rex's defensive schemes and coaching. Cromartie seems to be just as much a shut down corner that Revis was. Yet Revis doesn't seem to be that great on TB.

that's because they aren't running revis how he's used to playing... he's used to shadowing a team's #1WR... TB just leaves him on one side of the field and rotates from man to zone in their cover 2 package... I don't understand why everyone is treating this like 'revis island'... Jackson will be moved around all day.... watch the game, revis won't be on him half of the time if philly is smart. I would start Jackson with confidence today... the only thing holding me back would be foles at QB

When Foles starts games for the eagles he has been pitiful. Avoid. The bucks also have a good D.

Nobody can cover DeSean Jackson.

TOUCHDOWN! DJAX. Revis was covering and blamed his safety.

TOUCHDOWN! DJAX. Revis was covering and blamed his safety.

Revis is less than he never was. He never was Prime Time.

That being said NYG QB Dave Brown once trucked Past His Primetime. Not even a designed QB run ... Sanders just sucked at tackling.

Not worried?

add another TD...

there is no 'revis island' in TB... :pointstosky: