Sign in to follow this  
Birk

Eagles/Bucs Game may be postponed

MRSA is a bad mofo. But yeh, bleach kills it. But I guess they're not wiping down eqpt. between users.

Yikes... I have Martin, McCoy, and VJax in one league. Replacing all of those guys will be tough. I hope they get this under control soon.

Why is it only the players?

Because they're the main ones that would be using the workout facilities?

Hopefully postponed long enough for the Dog-Killer to heel.

Settle down Francis, we're talking dogs, not people.

• Like 1

Can only contract it through a cut?

No. Skin to skin or skin contact, or contact with an object that was previously in contact with the infection.

No. Skin to skin or skin contact, or contact with an object that was previously in contact with the infection.

Usually not a problem with intact skin, though I'm guessing most NFL players have their share of scrapes which act as entry points for the bacteria.

Also, there is no reason the game should be postponed, as environmental decontamination shouldn't be too difficult. Decolonizing the players is a different story.

It's mind blowing to me that they can't get this under control. Move practice to a different facility for a few days and get a hazmat team in there to nuke EVERYTHING. MRSA is some scary stuff. You'd think they would have taken this more seriously when Tynes first contracted it.

One of my friends had MRSA and it ate a big hole in his leg. It's not something you want to mess with.