Sign in to follow this  
hoytdwow

Rock and Roll HOF nominees

Rush is possibly the best 3 man band of all time.

ZZ Top in the discussion. Whichever you like best falls a distant second to the Police.

Don't you diss hair bands. I am going to see bret michaels this very evening.

:banana:

I like Bret........but before Grunge hit big the HB thing played out miserably, mountains of suck.

I'm not saying Rush deserved to get in or not, but they weren't impactful at all. Nirvana's Teen Spirit single-handedly destroyed the mall rock hairband crap like Poison and Motely Crue that were dominating the rock scene at the time. They changed the entire landscape of music.

Nirvana didn't sing handidly change the landscape of music. They came along at the right time. The bands you mention, Motley Crue and Poison were putting out garbage and the kids were tired of it. Nirvana was in the right place at the right time. Bands like The Red Hot Chile Peppers, Pearl Jam, Sound Garden, and Faith No More, were bigger influences on the lanscape of rock.

And if anybody should get credit for changing the landscape of rock in the late 80's early 90's, it should be Janes Addiction.

• Like 1

Nirvana didn't sing handidly change the landscape of music. They came along at the right time. The bands you mention, Motley Crue and Poison were putting out garbage and the kids were tired of it. Nirvana was in the right place at the right time. Bands like The Red Hot Chile Peppers, Pearl Jam, Sound Garden, and Faith No More, were bigger influences on the lanscape of rock.

And if anybody should get credit for changing the landscape of rock in the late 80's early 90's, it should be Janes Addiction.

well put Bastages

To me, in the 80's, if it wasn't metal it probably sucked. And then Appetite for Destruction came out, with pop, hair metal, and punk sensabilities. I always thought this was the start of the change. Good call on Jane's Addiction(damn those 2 albums are so good) - with pop/metal/punk sensabilities, and then Nirvana was like the nail in the coffin, dropping any metal style. I think that is why they get more credit than they maybe should. Chilis and FNM - yes, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden have very little influence on the landscape of rock, great bands though.

I like all those bands, so I won't argue any of that. Except the part that Nirvana was just at the right place at the right time. That's nonsense. Nevermind was an awesome album. Not because hair bands sucked. By any standards. That's like saying the Beatles were just in the right place at the right at the right time since the Stones and Who were also influential and great around the same time.

ZZ Top in the discussion. Whichever you like best falls a distant second to the Police.

a haw haw haw

Did Selfiejr just compare Nirvana to the Beatles??????? :doh:

I guess he has to justify his investment in a Slash top hat and Axl Rose doll action figure.

Wait. You realize that those guys were in Guns-n-Roses and not Nirvana, right? :doh: :wacko:

http://rockhall.com/get-involved/interact/poll/

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is offering fans the opportunity to officially participate in the induction selection process. The public has the opportunity to vote for the five nominees they believe to be most deserving of induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The top five artists, as selected by the public, will comprise a “fans’ ballot” that will be tallied along with the other ballots to choose the 2014 inductees, who will be announced soon.

http://rockhall.com/get-involved/interact/poll/

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is offering fans the opportunity to officially participate in the induction selection process. The public has the opportunity to vote for the five nominees they believe to be most deserving of induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The top five artists, as selected by the public, will comprise a “fans’ ballot” that will be tallied along with the other ballots to choose the 2014 inductees, who will be announced soon.

[Vagina Pilot] Hopefully Nirvana gets in. I love Slash and Axl [Vagina Pilot] :doh:

I like all those bands, so I won't argue any of that. Except the part that Nirvana was just at the right place at the right time. That's nonsense. Nevermind was an awesome album. Not because hair bands sucked. By any standards. That's like saying the Beatles were just in the right place at the right at the right time since the Stones and Who were also influential and great around the same time.

All I'm saying is that Nirvana did not change the landscape of music single handidly. The wave was already set in motion and they rode to the front with a really catchy song. I personally think the best song on that album is Come As You Are. They were a good band but not great. Cobain blowing his brains out has helped their legacy. Some say that Cobain was the voice of his generation. That's not saying much for that generation.

The Beatles were also at the right place at the right time. Do you think they would have been as succesful ten years earlier? Bands like Jerry Lee lewis, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, Elvis, and Bill Haley and the Comets were the driving forces in rock n roll in the 50's. They were at the prime of their careers. And just like every generation, kids want some thing new and fresh. The Beatles didn't change the landscape single handidly. The British envasion did,

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

J

Too fukking easy. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Is there any thread you'd not play this game in? Wow!

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

l

J

Too fukking easy. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hare Lip is having a terrible day on the ole boards. That'll teach you to venture from your Obama-bashing threads. Fox News doesn't teach you much about music, Sport.

(Psssst. For future reference, Cobain and Grohl are the names you were looking for, you focking idiot. Not Axl and Slash. Oye) :doh:

Bunny is the second conservative (Moz being the other) who has had enough of RP's bullsh1t today. This is a great example of what this ass hole does. He can't limit it to the political threads. He has to try to sabotage the other threads that have good discussion going. In case anyone forgot why the other place was created. It's RP proof.

(although if he hadn't attempted his hijack, none of us would have gotten the laugh that came when he thought Slash and Axl were in Nirvana. wow. lolol)

Hoyt is one of the Closet phags on record saying they come back here to derail threads. He does it every day by posting unrelated and idiotic posts in threads just to roon them.

I figured it was time to give him a taste of his own medicine. Normally, I ignore threads I'm not interested in and leave them alone. Never posted in a single one of Selfies "Top 10 Bieber song" threads. Just felt like fukking with Hoyt's thread like he does others.......getting Edjr and Selfie riled up in the process was icing on the cake. :thumbsup:

I personally would put them #2 behind RUSH and ahead of ZZ

Hoyt is one of the Closet phags on record saying they come back here to derail threads. He does it every day by posting unrelated and idiotic posts in threads just to roon them.

I figured it was time to give him a taste of his own medicine. Normally, I ignore threads I'm not interested in and leave them alone. Never posted in a single one of Selfies "Top 10 Bieber song" threads. Just felt like fukking with Hoyt's thread like he does others.......getting Edjr and Selfie riled up in the process was icing on the cake. :thumbsup:

I understand fawking with people is fun. Both sides have fun doing it or they wouldn't do it. But sometimes it's fun to join a serious or stoopid conversation about all things not politics without derailing them because you can. Being a d!ck 24/7 is no may to through internet life son.

Ever year....the same "that's not rock and roll" comments. :facepalm:

It's the Music Hall of Fame now. If it was limited to Rock and Roll, there would be about 3 inductees per decade.

No brainers:

Kiss - popularity

Nig*ers With Attitude - impact

Nirvana - impact and popularity

I understand fawking with people is fun. Both sides have fun doing it or they wouldn't do it. But sometimes it's fun to join a serious or stoopid conversation about all things not politics without derailing them because you can. Being a d!ck 24/7 is no may to through internet life son.

It's also fun to give the idiots a taste of their own medicine every once in a while.

Riled up???? LOL You gave me the gift that'll keep on giving.....finding out you know so little about music that you though Slash was in Nirvana. All-time classic!!! And it's not your thread, so you can't delete it. Whoot!! :banana:

Rush

Zztop

The police

From a musical talent standpoint rush is head and shoulders above those 2.

I can pretty much nail any zztop tune or police tune on the drums, rush ??? Nah ya gotta be a freak to nail that stuff.

They all belong in the hall though.

Rap of any kind does not.

Ever year....the same "that's not rock and roll" comments. :facepalm:

It's the Music Hall of Fame now. If it was limited to Rock and Roll, there would be about 3 inductees per decade.

No brainers:

Kiss - popularity

Nig*ers With Attitude - impact

Nirvana - impact and popularity

haha......much like Global Warming is now Climate Change

You have no sense of musical history son if that's your list

Rush

Zztop

The police

From a musical talent standpoint rush is head and shoulders above those 2.

I can pretty much nail any zztop tune or police tune on the drums, rush ??? Nah ya gotta be a freak to nail that stuff.

They all belong in the hall though.

Rap of any kind does not.

This is the correct answer,ZZ Top deserves 2nd for being together for 40+ years if nothing else.

As much as Kiss are the biggest hacks to come along ever, considering how popular they are.

How can you not let them in?

For those of you saying no to NWA, you don't know what the fock you're talking about

Hall and Oates - yes

Kiss - yes

Nirvana - yes

N.W.A. - yes

:o

Holy schit...we agree?

Did Selfiejr just compare Nirvana to the Beatles??????? :doh:

I guess he has to justify his investment in a Slash top hat and Axl Rose doll action figure.

LOLOLOL Bump.

THIS is what happens when a one trick pony tries to venture outside of his political comfort zone. Bwahahahahahahaha Slash and Axl in Nirvana. Bwahahahahaha

Totally agree. Janes Addiction was well in front of Nirvana.

Totally agree. Janes Addiction was well in front of Nirvana.

I saw janes addiction at a dive bar on PCH in 88 outside of LA. Always believed that Ferrell would be the next voice of generation x. Him and Dave started making out on stage and lighting fireworks whilst throwing them at us! Great Fawking show!

A few years later we got lollapoloza!

One of the best shows I ever went to was Perry's idea to put Pearl Jam and Soundgargen together in Houston. Each played their set and then came out to do Temple Of The Dog songs together.

Top five show I ever went to! Perry even said it was the greatest he ever attended.

Good call on Janes. Great and very influential band, that, if they had stuck around longer and had more output, more people would still be talking about them.

Ya lost me with Faith No More, tho...I mean, I like them and all, but their influence is minor.