Sign in to follow this  
TimmySmith

I picked up and started Josh Freeman

Outside of the Minnesota Vikings, is there anyone else who would make this statement? In this age of football where very good to great QBs are starting to come out of college at a rate of 4-5 a year, how does Minny find themselves in such a QB hole.

Outside of the Minnesota Vikings, is there anyone else who would make this statement? In this age of football where very good to great QBs are starting to come out of college at a rate of 4-5 a year, how does Minny find themselves in such a QB hole.

More like 1 or 2 a year. How many good or great QB's are even in the league right now? 10-12?

Teams like Minny, Cleveland and the Bears just can't find a good one. There has been some terrible QB play this year, as we saw last night.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1778795-the-famous-cleveland-browns-qb-jersey-gets-an-update

My condolences to you and your team. I think Freeman’s right arm has MRSA.

3 qb league?

I think you guys missed the joke.

The Vikings have been in this position for the past 15 years.

Brad Johnson gets hurt, bring in Randle Cunningham. Then Jeff George....draft Culpepper, who gets hurt, bring in Gus Frerotte. Draft Tavaris, lure Favre out of retirement. Draft Ponder, scoop Freeman.

They've never been able to settle on a franchise QB....and they had a chance to tank a few seasons ago and land either Luck or RG3 but they screwed that up too and were stuck at #3.

It's not like it's only the Vikings either. Cleveland, Arizona....except the Warner years, Miami, Oakland, Kansas City, Tampa.....lots of teams who have been searching for most of the last 15-20 years for a stud franchise QB....and still don't have one.

When you whiff on drafting your starting QB, it sets the team back a couple of years. And the Vikings have been doing it for years.

The vikings are also stupid.

there is no point throwing in a QB who doesnt yet know the playbook.

I like Freeman, but I think he needed another week or two to learn the offense.

Even a mediocre performance from Cassel would have been better than what we witnessed last night. And I would not blame the QB. This is purely the fault of the coach.

I felt like I was watching a tier 2 college game. I dont blame Freeman. he did the best he could, but it was clear he was not on the same page as his WR's and was not comfortable in there.

• Like 1

so weird that a QB that was booted from the Bucs, couldn't come in mid-season and flourish with the Vikings

• Like 1

Freeman destroyed my MON, and I didn't even own him. There was a time when you could circle the W in advance if you went into MNF needing 14 points from Peterson. Instead, I watched with sinking heart as Josh tossed over 50 passes, many of which sailed like paper airplanes, while AP languished.
I knew Freeman would be awful, because "Slick Rick" Spielman has an eye for latent lack of talent; he will pounce on a player whom he senses has the potential to reach new lows. If MIN isn't joshing in announcing Freeman as the Week 8 starter, it's already hats-and-horns time here in Packerland. Our defense will eat.

18 overthrown passes. Didn't know they tracked overthrows, but he had 18! That doesn't happen because he doesn't know the play book.

I can't wait for Sunday night.

• Like 1

18 overthrown passes. Didn't know they tracked overthrows, but he had 18! That doesn't happen because he doesn't know the play book.

I can't wait for Sunday night.

It's lack of team chemistry and timing. I'm starting the packers D altho honestly freeman isnt a turnover machine. They will know that after this mess the vikes will come out running. We will stack the box and the run game will be held in check mostly. A long Peterson run or 2 could happen tho.