Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Cole Beasley..... the next ppr stud

when they asked him about Welker, he said I am faster, stronger and have better hands than Welker... got to love his confidence

Beasley is extremely under-owned. In fact I was surprised to pick him up in my two deep benched PPR dynasty leagues, where it is extremely difficult to find any player with a pulse. He may not be of much interest yet in the shallower redraft leagues, but he is getting both the targets and the catches to justify an early pick-up.

Kudos for starting this thread on him.

Beasley is extremely under-owned. In fact I was surprised to pick him up in my two deep benched PPR dynasty leagues, where it is extremely difficult to find any player with a pulse. He may not be of much interest yet in the shallower redraft leagues, but he is getting both the targets and the catches to justify an early pick-up.

Kudos for starting this thread on him.

He was added this week in my league, as well. 12 team, 20 deep rosters ... that's 240 players rostered at all times ... felt like I stole Daniel Thomas this week. Picked him up and Brandon Bostick for chump change. Let everyone else blow their wads on Mike James and Dropius Heyward-Bey.

Yeah ... pics in your sig ... not good.

I also wanna know how you did it.

Might wanna change my sig to just like ... a macro shot of my bunghole skin.

Welker scores TD's, Beasley doesn't. He's a very deep PPR play only.

The problem is he only plays 30% of the snaps. At best he is a warm body if you are butt hurting because of the bye.

And as a fan this is annoying as hell to me. I have no idea why Callahan, Red, or whomever doesn't make him part of the regular every down offense. Bcoz of his size and quickness Beasley really is damn near impossible to cover right off of the line - he literally gets lost and by the time you find him he has a step or two on the slant or out. Dallas isn't strong in many areas but for sure we have a lot of talent at wr right now. Dez, Williams, Harris, and this kid can all make plays when they get the ball.

I think he caught like 6 of 7 balls thrown his way, he may catch 8 or 9 this week. If he does... I don't see that trend going away and he could be a viable play in ppr going forward. Opposing DEF are going to have a hard time. Got Terrance and Dez on the outside, Witten and Beasley in the slot, with Murray or Dunbar catching passes out of the back field. Dallas could be the most explosive O within a few weeks

I think he caught like 6 of 7 balls thrown his way, he may catch 8 or 9 this week. If he does... I don't see that trend going away and he could be a viable play in ppr going forward. Opposing DEF are going to have a hard time. Got Terrance and Dez on the outside, Witten and Beasley in the slot, with Murray or Dunbar catching passes out of the back field. Dallas could be the most explosive O within a few weeks

You're supposed to underline important points, not the entire paragraph.

• Like 1

I just added Beasley out of desperation with James Jones and Roddy in doubt this week and bye issues. Not much out there in FA in a 14 team league so I hope you all are right on this kid.

He has 1 score in 5 games.

I wouldn't start him over T.Williams. Or even drop Williams for Beasley.

There are a lot of guys who are more talented than they get credit for, and sometimes it seems their coaches can't even see it. Beasley fits perfectly into this category as I have been tempted to add him multiple times in dynasty leagues. The numbers just aren't there. I mean he has been consistent I guess as a desperate play, and may even give a good team in a large league the extra points at the end of his lineup to be on top.

When adding players I have gone in the direction I believed to have the highest ceiling, and with Beasley I just don't see it now. Romo loves to throw to Dez and then spreads the ball all over the field the rest of the games. It is a big reason why Witten is so maddening. He is obviously one of the best TEs in the league but can never consistently put together big fantasy games. Ok in ppr he has had some really good years with his catch totals, but the TDs are just never there. Beasley will have at least one big game before the end of the year, I just don't think he puts up enough stats to take my team to a championship.

I say all this and my starting WRs in one league are Riley Cooper, Garcon, and Sydney Rice. Those guys are slightly beating out Avant, Quinton Patton, Rishard Mathews, and Josh Boyce for starting honors :doh:

You're supposed to underline important points, not the entire paragraph.

no jack arse it just underlined for no reason when I was typing.... nice try, go ahead and try and be a diick to someone else

There are a lot of guys who are more talented than they get credit for, and sometimes it seems their coaches can't even see it. Beasley fits perfectly into this category as I have been tempted to add him multiple times in dynasty leagues. The numbers just aren't there. I mean he has been consistent I guess as a desperate play, and may even give a good team in a large league the extra points at the end of his lineup to be on top.

When adding players I have gone in the direction I believed to have the highest ceiling, and with Beasley I just don't see it now. Romo loves to throw to Dez and then spreads the ball all over the field the rest of the games. It is a big reason why Witten is so maddening. He is obviously one of the best TEs in the league but can never consistently put together big fantasy games. Ok in ppr he has had some really good years with his catch totals, but the TDs are just never there. Beasley will have at least one big game before the end of the year, I just don't think he puts up enough stats to take my team to a championship.

I say all this and my starting WRs in one league are Riley Cooper, Garcon, and Sydney Rice. Those guys are slightly beating out Avant, Quinton Patton, Rishard Mathews, and Josh Boyce for starting honors :doh:

Your missing the point... Beasley is never up and down, he just got started and he is going no where but up. I would suggest that Beasley will be more consistent than Dez in PPR from here on out. He will rarely have a huge game like Dez but he will never be shut out.. getting at least 6 balls or so. I know we haven't seen a lot of history in him to suggest it, but I am saying going forward he will be a big part of the O...

I don't know how you can start anyone with confidence who is the 4th option at best on an offense,

A silly statement.

Eric Decker is, at best, the 4th option on offense in Den, but I can't imagine a single person who wouldn't start him with confidence.

If the offense is dynamic enough, it can support multiple players. Can Dallas have that dynamic of an offense? Maybe. They aren't there yet, but they have that ability. If you are going to stash Beasley to see what happens, it might not be the worst move you could make.

I don't know how you can start anyone with confidence who is the 4th option at best on an offense,

not saying start him now... just keep an eye out for him. Keep in mind on a smaller scale Welker could be considered the 4th option. BTW Beasley was not the 4th option last week. Except for that 1st drive in the 3rd quarter by Dez Beasley was the 1st option... I guess you didn't watch that game so I will give you a pass

A silly statement.

Eric Decker is, at best, the 4th option on offense in Den, but I can't imagine a single person who wouldn't start him with confidence.

1. Tony Romo is not Peyton Manning,

2. Cole Beasley is no Eric Decker. Decker has 8 td's, Beasley has 1.

I am not saying Beasley can't be a decent ppr slot guy. But comparisons to Welker and Decker are pretty ridiculous. At best he is a low level ppr wr, similar to Julian Edleman, Someone who will get ya 8-12 ppr points most weeks, but like I said I am not going to have confidence starting him. I really hope you have better options.

i want to say that he's just not going to be reliable, but i honestly can't make up my mind.

the case for cole: the O line is doing better at pass protection than run blocking. they just haven't been consistently able to get movement or open holes. with murray nicked, a rookie RB2, and dunbar not physically capable of banging, this seems to indicate that DAL will go back to the short game to replace the run game. callahan is figuring out how to use him, and romo is figuring out how to find him. beasely could easily average 5-6 RPG due to short-area quickness.

the case against cole: even if the run game falls apart completely, DAL has a lot of targets for the short game. and i'm not talking about dez and williams here. they'll get underneath work, but the short game targets competing with beasely are witten, escobar, and the backs. remember, DAL is specifically scheming to get dunbar open in space. escobar was specifically brought in to be a converter. and witten is always going to be the guy romo looks for when the chips are down.

furthermore, even in the best case (where CB does average 5-6 RPG), you have to consider what kind of productivity that's going to bring in. in the short game, many of those are going to be dig and stick routes--4-5 yard patterns to keep down and distance manageable. the guy can RAC--there's no doubt about that--but you have to wonder about his opportunities. and finally, there's TD potential. beasely is a pure package player; he's not a goal line guy. when the field gets compressed, he's going to have to work against tight zones, which is why big guys are preferred down inside the 5. this is why welker has never been a huge TD guy.

so honestly, i don't know. i think he should be rostered in deep bench leagues, but i don't know that he's going to be a guy you can count on for more than 10ppg even in the best case scenario. but my predictions haven't been great this season, so i'm not the best guy to advise anyone. just throwing out food for thought.

on an injury decimated team with other players on bye, I have him in my starting line-up. My other options are Mike williams and Mike James. I'm pretty sure that i won't regret the choice.

1. Tony Romo is not Peyton Manning,

2. Cole Beasley is no Eric Decker. Decker has 8 td's, Beasley has 1.

I am not saying Beasley can't be a decent ppr slot guy. But comparisons to Welker and Decker are pretty ridiculous. At best he is a low level ppr wr, similar to Julian Edleman, Someone who will get ya 8-12 ppr points most weeks, but like I said I am not going to have confidence starting him. I really hope you have better options.

I didn't say they were. YOU said "I don't know how you can start anyone with confidence who is the 4th option at best on an offense;"

I merely pointed out your absolute statement was erroneous. There is a current example, RIGHT NOW, of a 4th option who is definitely startable with confidence.

Situations are different. Would I start the 4th option on the Jags with confidence? Hell no. Would I start the 4th option on a dynamic offense like the Broncos? Absolutely. Would I start the 4th option on a good offense with a great matchup (like Dallas)? Sure-would I expect 100 yards and 2 TDs? No, but 50 yards and maybe a TD would be possible, IMO.

• Like 1

Your missing the point... Beasley is never up and down, he just got started and he is going no where but up. I would suggest that Beasley will be more consistent than Dez in PPR from here on out. He will rarely have a huge game like Dez but he will never be shut out.. getting at least 6 balls or so. I know we haven't seen a lot of history in him to suggest it, but I am saying going forward he will be a big part of the O...

The title of the thread said he was the next ppr stud. That is what I was debating.

Everyone has made good points and some not so good. But I'm not going to debate or get into he said she said, etc.

My thought is given 6 teams are on a bye and with many WR injuries out there (in my case James Jones and Roddy), for a bye week fill in against a DET team, he could be a good spot play this week due to this game may become a shootout. I don't expect to see 100 plus yard and 2 TD's, but 4-5 receptions for 50-60 yards and a possible score is not bad for a one week fill in. Especially as the title said in a PPR league. Finally, given his speed you never know he could actually break one and take it to the house!!!

Ok as a Cowboy fan and someone who plays in FFPC with deep rosters and PPR. I'm adding him with confidence.

Next PPR stud? I won't go so far as to say "stud" but I think he will be steady moving forward. They are kinda moving on from Miles. I mean he's healthy enough to play and theres talk locally they are just gonna sit him anyway cause of how good Terrance and Beasley have played. So between Miles being in and out of the lineup, Murray being in and out of the lineup, the opportunity will be there I believe.

Now as far as what we can expect from him as far as numbers wise, hes been Romo's guy on third down the last couple of weeks, I don't know the exact numbers but he's been heavily targeted on 3rd down ala Wes Welker. His lone touchdown actually came on a short out route inside the 10 yard line against Denver I believe, so he does get used inside the goaline. I would expect him to get more looks moving forward that way given his skill set of being so quick in tight spaces.

All in all stud? no. Steady consistent 5-6 catches with a potential TD sprinkled in? Yes. 12 team PPR leagues he could be spot started in games where the matchup looks like a high scoring game. This week I would think that fits the bill.

Finally I leave you with this...relevant? No but it is impressive for a 5'8 white guy lol