Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Nate Burleson

he is on waivers & he is due back week 10 ...,what do you expect from him wr2? wr3? #'s

nevermind i'll just answer my own question ...,he will put up consistent wr3 #'s with occasional wr2 #'s

he's better to have than any name listed on the wr scoop & play list.

Before he got hurt he put up no less than 6 targets or 6 catches.

due to bye weeks i'm snookered with having to start dookie

wr's & will pick him up off waivers next week I expect blackmon type #'s

furthermore when calvin gets doubled nate will become stafford's security blanket & bush's run game gets opened more at least that's what i saw 1st few games

I agree. I think he will be a solid player that you can count on down the stretch, especially in PPR. Grab him now if you can because he will probably be the #1 WW pickup next week

Do I drop Reuben Randle for him or was Randle's bad week a fluke? I already have Stafford as my starting QB and Joique on my bench (Joique would be the only other droppable guy in my roster).

amazes me he is only owned by 12% of the leagues ..,yet worthless players like kenbrell thompkins is owned by 70%

Smart people picked him up last week. It's not like you didn't know when he was coming back.

I grabbed him two weeks ago in my deep 16 team league. He's only averaging 7 pts per game in standard leagues (13 in ppr) so he's probably WR3 territory. But he's in a high-powered offense and has Calvin and Reggie Bush that defenses have to account for.

Good thing Blackmon decided to dope up before the weekend now I don't have to waste my waiver priority on Nate..., welcome to the team buddy:)

Save your move. Mort said yesterday that its still a while for Nate

Nate Burleson: Nate Burleson needs more time Nate Burleson - WR - DET - Nov. 1 - 6:15 pm et

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on NFL Live Friday that Nate Burleson (arm) is not expected back after the Lions' Week 9 bye.
It sounds like he'll need at least a few more games before he's ready to play following a car accident that fractured Burleson's arm. "He will not be back (after) the bye week," reported Mort. "Give him a couple more weeks at least." Kris Durham will continue to hold down No. 2 receiver duties in Detroit. Nov. 1 - 6:15 pm et

Save your move. Mort said yesterday that its still a while for Nate

Nate Burleson: Nate Burleson needs more time Nate Burleson - WR - DET - Nov. 1 - 6:15 pm et

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on NFL Live Friday that Nate Burleson (arm) is not expected back after the Lions' Week 9 bye.

It sounds like he'll need at least a few more games before he's ready to play following a car accident that fractured Burleson's arm. "He will not be back (after) the bye week," reported Mort. "Give him a couple more weeks at least." Kris Durham will continue to hold down No. 2 receiver duties in Detroit. Nov. 1 - 6:15 pm et

That sound you now hear is hype flushing down the toilet.

I think I might go with Streater then. McGlovin was named starter a few hours ago. Moore is also injured. I think you may be right about Harvin numbers.

What to do with Burleson moving forward?

He has a spotty track record of inconsistency throughout his career, which is the only thing that scares me away from him. But he's averaging 6-7 catches and 80 yards in the four games he's played. He's a clear #2 receiving option on a team that throws a ton. He's got three of his next four at home, indoors, and the one road game is at Philly, one of the lowest ranked pass defenses. He's a little long in the tooth, but should have fresh legs after 2+ months off.

Or is he the same old Nate who, as soon as he piques your interest, he will go out and drop a 2/25-0 turd the next week?

Plugged him into my starting lineup at 11:59 CST. But lost my week anyways. Have to pick between Burleson, Shorts, K. Allen, and Bowe for WR2 next week. Burleson probably has the best matchup so likely roll with him.

Pretty much has to be a weekly start now, unless you have great options. I will definitely be starting him in front of Amendola.

Pretty much has to be a weekly start now, unless you have great options. I will definitely be starting him in front of Amendola.

Yikes!

Had him and Nelson going...

Burelson and Boykin got me goose eggs!

getting sick of playing musical wr's

seriously not a catch...straight snake bit

Disgusting, Detroit scores 40 and Stafford never looked Burleson's way. Not even one time.

What to do with Burleson moving forward?

He has a spotty track record of inconsistency throughout his career, which is the only thing that scares me away from him.

Or is he the same old Nate who, as soon as he piques your interest, he will go out and drop a 2/25-0 turd the next week?

0/0-0

aaaaaand this is why I always ignore Burleson. This is his whole career in a nutshell. Looks real good for a game or two, enough to grab your interest...then pulls the rug out.

Shame on me. I knew better.

Dropped Cameron to clear roster space for this hack. Gonna haunt me if he decides to wake up this week.

I'll be starting him again next week.......he owes me, and I'm a glutton for punishment