Sign in to follow this  
crackills

Graham going forward?

is his current injury and the rink of this injury getting worse.. worth acquiring this TE1 and the cost associated with him?

lets discuss..

I just traded him for Matt Forte in a PPR league. I got Jordan Reed. Other owner was starting Charles Clay. I was happy to unload him at this point. I love Graham, but I think this ankle injury lingers.

I just traded him for Matt Forte in a PPR league. I got Jordan Reed. Other owner was starting Charles Clay. I was happy to unload him at this point. I love Graham, but I think this ankle injury lingers.

Wow, I am surprised the Forte owner did the trade. I think you got the better deal due to Graham's injury. Did the Forte owner know that Graham is gimpy?

I don't think it's an ankle injury. I believe they said it is a foot ligament and is strictly a pain management issue. Judging by the fact that he was still dunking the ball over the goal post on Sunday, I'm going to speculate that it's not that big a deal and his snap count will build back to normal over the next couple of weeks.

I don't have a link but I remember reading last Sunday prior to game time that it was a partial tear (not torn) of the plantar fascia. If that's the case wouldn't playing expose him to potentially fully tearing it? As a Graham owner that worries me as it seems its not a matter of If but a matter of when.

• Like 1

I don't have a link but I remember reading last Sunday prior to game time that it was a partial tear (not torn) of the plantar fascia. If that's the case wouldn't playing expose him to potentially fully tearing it? As a Graham owner that worries me as it seems its not a matter of If but a matter of when.

That's what I read, but I also recall them saying in the same report that they HOPE it tears completely, because that would alleviate the pain. Sounds like a weird injury, but something he can play through, obviously.

That's what I read, but I also recall them saying in the same report that they HOPE it tears completely, because that would alleviate the pain. Sounds like a weird injury, but something he can play through, obviously.

I read the same thing, they hope it tears completely to not only alleviate pain, but it would actually heal faster...

I have not heard if this requires surgery at some point, or if it has to heal on its own?

If it is mainly an issue of pain management, I think that Graham still has some great games left in him this year - There are some great pain blocking meds available now.

Great article all about Plantar Fascia Tear: ://myachingfoot.blogspot.com/2009/12/plantar-fascia-tear.html

Does not require surgery...

• Like 1

I am starting Gramatron and look forward to being 'burned' heavily by this move :thumbsup:

Bro enough with the nickname. It's awful and unoriginal. Let's leave the Transformers nicknames for the dude that's built like a 60 ft robot with a penchant for world domination. He's earned it.

Bro enough with the nickname. It's awful and unoriginal. Let's leave the Transformers nicknames for the dude that's built like a 60 ft robot with a penchant for world domination. He's earned it.

This... That nickname is awful

Check out saints report.com for all your Saints news.

Word around here is that Sproles will be more of a factor in the coming weeks. Might limit some of Grahms production. Never know what Payton is going to do. Grahm is in a contract year.

would giving up zack stacy and charles clay be about an equal trade?

For Graham? Umm...no.

If you can get him for that...kudos to you...but you better buy that Graham owner a helmet for Christmas, because he probably needs one.

• Like 1

I want to start Graham, but I am hesitant with the limited snaps, would you consider starting Keenan Allen or Boykin over him this week? (TE/WR flex)

Great article all about Plantar Fascia Tear: ://myachingfoot.blogspot.com/2009/12/plantar-fascia-tear.html

Does not require surgery...

So, basically, Graham just has to decide if it's something he can manage with pain meds for the rest of the season, because the only treatment is 4-6 weeks of inactivity.

So, basically, Graham just has to decide if it's something he can manage with pain meds for the rest of the season, because the only treatment is 4-6 weeks of inactivity.

That's what I take away from that article. So do the Saints take it easy with Graham for a couple weeks, then turn him lose during playoffs?

Wow, I am surprised the Forte owner did the trade. I think you got the better deal due to Graham's injury. Did the Forte owner know that Graham is gimpy?

Yes, he knows he is gimpy. Well at least I assume he does. Everyone in my leagues are pretty on top of things, so I'd be very surprised if he didn't. But I am kind of surprised he took the trade. I was willing to give up "a little" more. That being said, he has been starting a rotating group of TE's all year and I guess could use the help there. We can start a minimum of just 1 RB, and he owns Reggie Bush as well. I think there is also some risk with Matt Forte as long as Jay Cutler is out the next few weeks. The Bears offense isn't going to run as smoothly with McNown in there at QB.

I don't think it's an ankle injury. I believe they said it is a foot ligament and is strictly a pain management issue. Judging by the fact that he was still dunking the ball over the goal post on Sunday, I'm going to speculate that it's not that big a deal and his snap count will build back to normal over the next couple of weeks.

You are correct. I knew it was a foot injury and typed "ankle" for some reason while trying to post quickly. I probably was thinking of the ankle injury he had in the middle of last season. I also agree that his snap count should continue to go up the next few weeks.

I want to start Graham, but I am hesitant with the limited snaps, would you consider starting Keenan Allen or Boykin over him this week? (TE/WR flex)

I would probably start Keenan Allen over Graham this week assuming Graham is on any type of snap count again. Pretty favorable matchup for Allen.

• Like 1

With him only getting 18 snaps the last game and looking that trend to continue, I'm benching him right now. Luckily, I drafted Cameron and have decent WR's to play my flex. I want to see how this next game goes before I have to play him again.

Played 20 snaps last week.

Got 2 TD....but could had easily been an goose-egg for the day.

With him only getting 18 snaps the last game and looking that trend to continue, I'm benching him right now. Luckily, I drafted Cameron and have decent WR's to play my flex. I want to see how this next game goes before I have to play him again.

Some pretty bad analysis going here - one poster was pretty glad to "unload" Graham - hahaaaaahahaa

Wish I would avoid these forums sometimes. In the long run it's my own fault for sitting my 3rd round pick for Jordan effing Reed. Scrub.

Some pretty bad analysis going here - one poster was pretty glad to "unload" Graham - hahaaaaahahaa

Glad to unload him for Forte...and still has Jordan Reed.

I would not call that a very bad thing.

I have Reed...and if the Forte owner would give him up for Graham...Id do it in a heartbeat if I needed that much help at RB.

Glad to unload him for Forte...and still has Jordan Reed.

I would not call that a very bad thing.

I have Reed...and if the Forte owner would give him up for Graham...Id do it in a heartbeat if I needed that much help at RB.

Exactly.

Ha, is that you Tim McCarver?

I had Graham and Reed and unloaded Reed along with Sproles for SPILLER last week.

Jimmy Graham is the most valuable player in fantasy, and whoever has him is in the drivers seat for a title.

Context. It's an interesting thing. I was "happy" to unload him for Matt Forte considering I was weak at RB and had Jordan Reed at TE. I love Jimmy Graham the player. I've hyped him as a 1st round pick the last 3 years on this site. I've had him on multiple teams the last 3 years (including taking him in the first round of the IBL two years in a row).

BUT I know how his injuries continued to linger last year. He wasn't the same player. After watching him play only 18 snaps and looking much less than 100% last week, I feared the same thing was occurring again this year. It appears I was wrong. Jimmy Graham is a monster. It completely shocks me as to why teams are not double and triple teaming him more. The Saints were without Colston and Sproles for 99% of the game and yet the Jets continued to let Jimmy Graham in man coverage. Shocking.

That being said, I'm still not unhappy with the trade. I think Matt Forte (a first round talent in PPR leagues) is pretty good compensation for Graham considering my weakness at RB and my backup TE. Time will tell if the trade was ultimately a mistake. I've been wrong plenty of times before, and I will be wrong plenty of times again.

stiff :thumbsdown: