Sign in to follow this  
Fantasy Fiend

More Bad News For CJ2K Owners

Once the guy finally gets a good match-up....Unreal.

Coach Mike Munchak said Shonn Greene should be in the "15 carries per game range moving forward if all goes well."

That's quite the increase for Greene, who has rushed just five times for 20 yards in two games played this season. Greene returned to the lineup in Week 7 after undergoing a knee scope. Following the Week 8 bye, he's apparently back to 100 percent. Greene and Chris Johnson have a juicy matchup on deck against the Rams in Week 9, and it sounds as if Greene could lead the backfield in carries. Johnson has failed to eclipse 40 yards rushing in each of his past four outings and is averaging just 2.39 YPC on his last 46 carries. He's seen increased work in the passing game, so it's possible Greene will handle early-down duties while CJ?K takes the passing-down and two-minute reps. It'll be hard to trust either player as more than a flex option until we see how it shakes out Sunday.

Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter Oct 30 - 4:41 PM

Just as I was going to finally roll CJ?K off the bench and back in my lineup this week... This happens.

His schedule is much easier for the rest of the season compared to first half, but that being said, if Green starts taking 15 carries away, CJ?K value takes a big hit! I don't think that Greene is very good, and I can't imagine him getting that many carries, but who knows? Will have to wait and see.

Breaking News: Coaches lie.

Shonn Greene is terrible. At least Johnson has the ability to break off a big play once in a while.

Updated.

Updating a previous item, coach Mike Munchak stated Wednesday he'd like Chris Johnson to get 20 carries per game going forward, with Shonn Greene handling 15.

It's humorous because Johnson hasn't received 20 carries in any game since Week 2, and his carry totals have declined steadily and precipitously since the beginning of the season. Ultimately, it sounds like the Titans are pushing the idea of a near-even carry split between Johnson and Greene, which bodes poorly for CJ2ypcK's value and positively for Greene's. Johnson's fantasy owners need to hope the Titans continue to increase his passing-game work, because his carries are diminishing and he's not going to get any goal-line chances. At this point, Greene needs to be owned in all 12-team fantasy leagues.

Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter Oct 30 - 8:50 PM

Just like Spiller was gonna run til he pukes.

Does it count that us fantasy owners that drafted Spiller are the ones puking?

Updated.

Updating a previous item, coach Mike Munchak stated Wednesday he'd like Chris Johnson to get 20 carries per game going forward, with Shonn Greene handling 15.

It's humorous because Johnson hasn't received 20 carries in any game since Week 2, and his carry totals have declined steadily and precipitously since the beginning of the season. Ultimately, it sounds like the Titans are pushing the idea of a near-even carry split between Johnson and Greene, which bodes poorly for CJ2ypcK's value and positively for Greene's. Johnson's fantasy owners need to hope the Titans continue to increase his passing-game work, because his carries are diminishing and he's not going to get any goal-line chances. At this point, Greene needs to be owned in all 12-team fantasy leagues.

CJ explodes this is all fodder. If he continues to choke in the next 2 match ups he is unstartable. I really think the next 2-3 games have a huge impact on CJ this year as well as next. Time to buck up

• Like 1

ya I just traded Ridley for CJ in my PPR league to get out of the RBBC BS and CJ having a softer road ahead..... crap !

I think this sets CJ0.8K off. 130 total yds, 5 receptions, 2 TD's, then gives an interview in his crunk teef and says "Oh, I wish sombody woulda told me Shane Greene wuz back, I coulda used a rest".

I think this sets CJ0.8K off. 130 total yds, 5 receptions, 2 TD's, then gives an interview in his crunk teef and says "Oh, I wish sombody woulda told me Shane Greene wuz back, I coulda used a rest".

That's hysterical..... Crunk teef! But agreed, hopefully it lights a fire under his azz.

This is not new news. If Greene had not been hurt, this would have been the plan from week one. It was common knowledge after they signed him that he was going to take significant time away from CJ.

Breaking News: Coaches lie.

Shonn Greene is terrible. At least Johnson has the ability to break off a big play once in a while.

he's right.

coaches will do this stuff in the hope that people wont key on his main man.

I wouldnt be surprised if CJ2K got lots of carries and Greene gets no more than 7 carries.

It appears most here are CJ owners and hoping he maintains his bellcow status. I'm wondering if Greene is worth a pickup here. He averages 4.2 ypc for his career and can catch the ball out of the backfield a little too. He could be a chain mover type while CJ remains the Hr hitter. I could see Greene getting most of the GL work.

I'm looking for a desperation flex play this week, with the rams run defense having been pretty terrible most of the year he's on my list of potentials.

It appears most here are CJ owners and hoping he maintains his bellcow status. I'm wondering if Greene is worth a pickup here. He averages 4.2 ypc for his career and can catch the ball out of the backfield a little too. He could be a chain mover type while CJ remains the Hr hitter. I could see Greene getting most of the GL work.

I'm looking for a desperation flex play this week, with the rams run defense having been pretty terrible most of the year he's on my list of potentials.

I am a CJ owner, but there is no doubt that Greene gets the GL work. Could bode well with the matchup and schedule ahead.

Just like Spiller was gonna run til he pukes.

in practice

Has Chris Johnson lost a step? I'm sorry he just doesn't look 4.37 fast these days.

his straight ahead speed isn't as good but he still has the moves. that screen he took to the house against the chiefs is still one of the best plays of the year imo.

tenn. should use him more in the passing game with greene and his fresh legs taking the carries inside.

his straight ahead speed isn't as good but he still has the moves. that screen he took to the house against the chiefs is still one of the best plays of the year imo.

tenn. should use him more in the passing game with greene and his fresh legs taking the carries inside.

I think they picked up on their mistake of not using him in the passing game after the first 4 games of the season. It was mind boggling that they weren't using him that way to get him the ball with space. 4,3 and 4 catches in the last few games bodes well. They should get him 5+ per game imo.

I have watched a few of their games as a CJ owner and it is immensely frustrating when they throw.....CJ chips and is wide open 90% of the time in the flat and Locker NEVER even looks at him! He forces into double coverage as it appears his focus is either to throw deep or scramble for 20 yards. Hopefully this changes and they have picked up on their mistakes.

Updated.

This makes no sense. This guy Wyatt says CJ is going to get "more carries then has received in any game sine week 2" but then he goes on to say this bodes poorly for CJ? Why would more carries ever be a bad thing?

I people are believing the statement as far as Greene why wouldn't they believe the details about CJ?

I believe this is the coaches way of trying to motivate cj2k.They just do not have that many runs to pass around. If greene comes out and somehow manages 4 or 5 ypc behind the same line that cj2k has struggled behind then I may believe it and may be inclined to say there is a changing of the guard at hand. However the amount of playing time WE get to see paints greene as the same type of player as cj2k. He could be betterfasterstronger now that he is healthy but thats a big if. and if not you need to feed your bellcow that you are paying. That being said...i snatched green up yesterday. Just in case.

Fitzpatrick was probably the better qb for cj. did cj not have his best games with him? seems with the production spiller had with fitz that cj would benefit from fitz too. not that it matters now, was just thinking about it.

I don't believe any of this hogwash.

CJ2K forever!

This talk of Greene getting 15 touches a game is a fantasy conspiracy ...attempting to get CJ2K owners to sell right before the best part of his schedule.

Fantasy is big business now days and not regulated by a gaming board.

Right?

:dunno:

This gold teeth moron had one great season, then decided to not honor is contract and held out for more money. Which the Titans gave him.

And now the Titans realize he is just an ordinary RB who should split carries with Shonn Greene.

Priceless.