Sign in to follow this  
OrangeSoda

3-6 with this team

I am beginning to hate fantasy football .... I literally have a top 18 player at every starting position and i am somehow only 3-6 and last place in my division!

Can some one please explain how this happens.

heres my team...

QB - A. Luck - ranked #10

RB - L. McCoy - Ranked # 3 (and leads league in rushing yards - #2 in total yards)

RB- G. Bernard - Ranked #9

WR- Dez Bryant - Ranked #3

WR- B. Marshall Ranked #6

WR- Flipped between J. Gordon / Blackmon - until Blackmon suspension - Gordon was ranked #15 and Blackmon #18

TE - Have both Julius Thomas and J Cameron - Ranked #2&3

K - we dont start Kickers

Def - Cowboys - Ranked #3

I am at a complete Loss! Any reasoning you can think of why?

It seems like you have a lot of boom or bust type players. Your team lacks consistency. You have several guys who have blown up a few times but then have also put several clunkers or average games. Total points scored isn't always the best determination of how good a player is for fantasy purposes.

Luck is a back end QB1. Shady McCoy has been pretty average the last few weeks. Bernard has been hit or miss most weeks. Dez Bryant has had 4 games (out of 9) with less than 10 fantasy points in non-PPR leagues. Brandon Marshall started out real hot the first 2 weeks and has cooled down some since. You didn't have Gordon or Blackmon the first few weeks, and they've each put up some bad games the last few weeks. Jordan Cameron had 1 catch this week.

Fantasy football is 100% luck...

According to his team, Luck is ranked 10th and hasn't been helping.

• Like 1

Tough to say, but I would think that your opponents outscored you 6 times this season.

Now that's funny!!!

I am beginning to hate fantasy football .... I literally have a top 18 player at every starting position and i am somehow only 3-6 and last place in my division!

Can some one please explain how this happens.

heres my team...

QB - A. Luck - ranked #10

RB - L. McCoy - Ranked # 3 (and leads league in rushing yards - #2 in total yards)

RB- G. Bernard - Ranked #9

WR- Dez Bryant - Ranked #3

WR- B. Marshall Ranked #6

WR- Flipped between J. Gordon / Blackmon - until Blackmon suspension - Gordon was ranked #15 and Blackmon #18

TE - Have both Julius Thomas and J Cameron - Ranked #2&3

K - we dont start Kickers

Def - Cowboys - Ranked #3

I am at a complete Loss! Any reasoning you can think of why?

You aren't jackhammering the FFL gods suckpipe. Now get on your knees and start sucking because your opponents are and they are kicking your ass..

I know why your 3-6. Happens in every league thats 6pts per TD. You need a top 5 QB.

He didn't say the scoring system or number of teams, but that could be it. Although even if not, maybe his players just kept having bad weeks at the wrong times. I think Gio, Dez and Marshall all have had a lot of bad weeks, and the Dallas D I don't know has been that good every week either.

You won three games with that mess? Geez - consider yourself lucky.

QB scoring is where it's at - you don't have it. Put Brees or Manning on that team and you're probably undefeated.

I am in a 10 team league, also am 3-6. After my draft I thought I had the league won.

my roster:

qb stafford, romo

rb charles, rice, lmiller, ivory, mjames

wr marshall, cruz, abrown, ssmith

te jreed (dropped rudolph)

k bailey

def carolina

In one league, I am the highest scoring team but am 4-5. I have been the 2nd highest scoring team 3 weeks this season and lost to the highest scoring team. THATS bad luck.

To Clarify - this is a 12 team league - 4pts for Pass TD 6- all others... .5 PPR ... Did i leave anything out?

Ya tell me more about your team.....

Anyways, chalk it up to bad luck schedule. Happens to the best of em....

Well. You have a #10 ranked qb and it shows.

Luck stinks and last weekend you were fortunate.

I have the least total points in my league, drafted Spiller, Richardson, Ridley, and Cobb. Right now, that dreck is 2nd overall at 5-3-1. Pure f-ing luck in matchups. I am sure there are people in that league that are cursing me every week.

If you can't figure out why you are 3 - 6 with that team, how the hell can we?

Lack of depth? Poor weekly roster management? You never mentioned your other players, your positional starting line-up requirements or anything like that. You present perhaps 1/2 of a present day snapshot of your team rather than what changes took place and the roster management moves you made from week to week. What you need to do for yourself is go back and break down every week's matches and find out why you lost each of those six weeks - other than that your opponent scored more points than you did. If YOU can't analyze what you are or are not doing right and/or wrong, then you don't have the analytical skills to succeed at fantasy football, or a lot of other endeavors for that matter.

Was this your team from the beginning? If so, it appears that you were very lucky on the injury front. What roster moves could you have made or did you make that didn't work out for you? Something just doesn't add up here, but no one but you can (or really cares to anyway) put the pieces together, and you haven't provided enough info to figure it out even if we wanted to.