Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Time to officially declare it.....

Is surely not the best FF QB in the league on a run-heavy team with a great Defense, but he is the best overall QB in the league.

Not a homer, but an long-time NFL observer and fan.......and this kid is the total package. He is ultra-intelligent, reads defenses like a book, studies/prepares like a Manning, scrambles when it is wise to do so, has a rocket arm, quick release, pin-point accuracy, throws a beautiful ball on the run (as well as anybody I heave ever seen), natural leader, not a showboat or glory-hound but a football player and competitor.

Sky is the limit for him if he stays healthy.

Wilson's awesome but not the best in the league as long as the big 4 are operating. But that's not a slight, he could be argued for top 5-8.

• Like 1

Too short.

Wilson's awesome but not the best in the league as long as the big 4 are operating. But that's not a slight, he could be argued for top 5-8.

So, if you were a league GM and not a fantasy-minded individual, and had the choice of Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Cam, or Wilson to build your future....who would you choose?

Is surely not the best FF QB in the league on a run-heavy team with a great Defense, but he is the best overall QB in the league.

Not a homer, but an long-time NFL observer and fan.......and this kid is the total package. He is ultra-intelligent, reads defenses like a book, studies/prepares like a Manning, scrambles when it is wise to do so, has a rocket arm, quick release, pin-point accuracy, throws a beautiful ball on the run (as well as anybody I heave ever seen), natural leader, not a showboat or glory-hound but a football player and competitor.

Sky is the limit for him if he stays healthy.

All I can say is, I was down 38 points going into tonight because of Eric focking Decker and Russell Wilson (plus Hauschka) won me my game.

I love me some Russell Wilson now, even though he just merked my Saints.

:pointstosky: :pointstosky:

This is how I look at it. It's been a top 4 for a long time. That #5 guy has been on rotation from year to year.

Lets just make it official.

A top 5, Tier 1 QB

Manning

Brady

Brees

Rogers

Wilson

Tier 2.

He's good, his performance given the lack of receiving options is surprising.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he is using an amphetamine vis a vis ritalin or adderall.

The whole organization is sketchy and that reaction to the errant snap was almost super human.

This is how I look at it. It's been a top 4 for a long time. That #5 guy has been on rotation from year to year.

Lets just make it official.

A top 5, Tier 1 QB

Manning

Brady

Brees

Rogers

Wilson

Tier 2.

No Cam Newton? Eli Manning has 2 SB wins, he's always worth a mention too. Also it is Rodgers, at least spell the guy's name right if you're going to tier him.

Matt Ryan has had at least one great year. As has Stafford. Ben has 2 SB rings as well and has had some nice years. Romo has had better regular seasons and has just as much or more playoff success than Wilson.

Last year people thought RG3 was the guy, or Luck. Luck has been okay too.

Wilson is a great talent but you don't get handed the title of top 5 QB with a 20 TD 2300 yard mark when so much of the league has 3k yards already.

He's good, his performance given the lack of receiving options is surprising.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he is using an amphetamine vis a vis ritalin or adderall.

The whole organization is sketchy and that reaction to the errant snap was almost super human.

lack of receiving options? i would love for you to do some research on seattle's receivers, especially on plays 20+ yards and get back to me. the most underrated receiving corps imo.

also, to serpent comparing romo's post season success to wilson's... insert fry's "not sure of serious or trolling" image. I mean I'm not ready to annoint wilson as the next coming but give the man his due. the guy has had an unbelievable rookie and sophomore season to this point. i have had more russell wilson induced boners than I care to admit. or did i just admit that? i'll leave you, the reader, to decide.

No Cam Newton? Eli Manning has 2 SB wins, he's always worth a mention too. Also it is Rodgers, at least spell the guy's name right if you're going to tier him.

Matt Ryan has had at least one great year. As has Stafford. Ben has 2 SB rings as well and has had some nice years. Romo has had better regular seasons and has just as much or more playoff success than Wilson.

Last year people thought RG3 was the guy, or Luck. Luck has been okay too.

Wilson is a great talent but you don't get handed the title of top 5 QB with a 20 TD 2300 yard mark when so much of the league has 3k yards already.

Eli DOES NOT DESERVE A MENTION. He usually has the most picks each year and made a few nice (lucky) plays in the playoffs for his rings. It's not like he doesn't have any weapons either.

Back to the original topic... I was thinking the same thing about Wilson tonight while I was watching the game. The guy has the heart of a lion and will not accept failure. He is a winner and will continue to better himself over the years. He is the total package and I would take him over Cam, Luck, or RG3 if I were given the option for someone to lead my NFL team.

So, if you were a league GM and not a fantasy-minded individual, and had the choice of Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Cam, or Wilson to build your future....who would you choose?

Rodgers, then Brees, then Wilson, cam, Brady, Peyton. But that's neither here nor there, Peyton is at the end of his career so of course he's not a wise long term investment.

I will say this...Peyton and Brady are both playoff chokers (Brady hasn't won in a decade) and I'd take Wilson over both of them come playoff time. Not to say Wilson is a better qb, but the bad juju is with those 2 hof guys and I don't trust them.

You moved the goalpost...

He's great, no doubt about it, but if I had to win 1 game this year, I'd rather have Peyton, Brady, Rodgers or Brees.

If I am building for the future, I'd take Luck with absolutely no second guessing. After that, I'd take Wilson ... but you can make an argument that RG III or Kaepernick will be better long term (but not this year).

yea there are 4 elite qbs in the league.....guys great every year manning and brady, then rodgers and brees. other than that, its a revolving door.

Wilson has been great this year. He had a few mediocre games the first half the year, but has been great since week 7. I havent needed to even start Foles in my big money league. Kind of wished I had drafted Wilson instead of Griffin in one dynasty.

Eli DOES NOT DESERVE A MENTION. He usually has the most picks each year and made a few nice (lucky) plays in the playoffs for his rings. It's not like he doesn't have any weapons either.

What weapons? Cruz has only been there what, 2 years now? I don't even remember if Cruz was on any of the SB teams.

The general Giants franchise plan is to get pass rushers and ignore the offense, grabbing players off the street and expecting Eli to figure out a way to win with it. That's why they can't even consistently make the playoffs, but when they do it's because Eli is red hot and just wins the entire thing. Call it luck if it happens once, but twice is not luck, it's skill. Add to that the fact that he has I believe the highest 4th quarter rating, most game winning drives and is rated as the best QB under pressure during his good years and you basically have a ridiculously elite QB when he's on. I think he's the only QB to win with a bottom ranked run game and defense. That shows you the Giants don't build teams, they rely on the QB to bail them out.

If the Giants make the playoffs this year I'm convinced they will just win another SB.

Wilson is a great QB period...

Outfielder arm strength and accuracy.

Very fast and doesnt take big hits like RG3

Highly intelligent

If the Seahawks would simply draft him a Sammy Watkins type weapon look out!

If only their damn Defense wasn't so good I would wager he would be top 3 in FFB pts as well

All that said...

would anyone consider starting him @ SF this week over Rivers???

It sucks that they have already clinched and pretty much clinched a 1st Rd bye.

Was really hoping the Saints would win last night so he would have to play hard a few more weeks.

This may be the last week he is startable but really that could've been last night's game

I agree the sky is the limit- based on potential i can agree with you there. He's pretty much the anti-RGIII; no show and all substance. Definitely projecting out to be one of the better draft picks in a very, very long time.

Best quarterback in football? Nah, seems like an overreaction to a great game against a good team.

Rodgers

Brees

Manning

Brady

Then you have Newton, Wilson, Luck, Rivers all in that next tier for me. If you're giving me a choice of these guys to QB my team for the next 10-12 years? Yea, I could see Wilson being there. Completely different question though.

I think he could end up being a great fantasy QB too. Lynch's production will start to drop off in the next couple years, and the defense can't stay this good forever (how many guys do they have on rookie contracts?). It would exciting to see what he could do if Seattle had to put the ball in his hands and expect him to go out and win them football games.

edit: I hate to use this comparison but think about Brees with the ability to give you rushing yards and TDs :blink:

The defense helps him be a good QB, they give him the short field a lot. He doesn't have to take crazy chances because they are down three tds which lead to picks and sack fumbles. I think he is a good qb with a decent shot at moving up to the top 5 as some of the older guys like Manning retire. Right now I would put him 9 or 10 best QB. Some of this is a over reaction to one good game. He has been pretty average most of the season. I wonder what Brady would do on a team as good as Seattle?

I don't have the stats in front of me and too lazy to look it up but... doesn't Russell have the highest completion % (or close) of deep balls? Rank amongst the highest in average yards per pass? So as far as defense giving short field, he's effective when that's not the case...

Yeah and Eli manning was lucky. Lol!

You have to be good and lucky to win it all.

Wilson? Come on. This is a stupid claim.

No titles, no MVP, no records.....

If the d did not get that early pick 6 and shut the saints offense down, Wilson would not keep pace.

Seattle homer.

Seattle homer my ass. Did they even punt in the first half of that game? They put the breaks on to run out the clock. WIlson could have kept torching them all night if he wanted to. The dude was in a zone.