Sign in to follow this  
Dsausage

Playing a guy because he plays Thursday night

Anyone else ever do this?

I have to pick from Shorts, Foles and Gio and I cant make up my mind. I am choosing Shorts so I can watch him...

Playoffs too...

That's dumb

Foles as in Nick Foles? So I'm assuming you can start a QB in a flex or something? WTF wouldn't you do that?? you honestly feel shorts will outscore a guy who has 13 TD's and 0 Int's in his last 4 games??

I always try to avoid players in the Thursday games like the plague.

Good Luck in the Playoffs !

Foles as in Nick Foles? So I'm assuming you can start a QB in a flex or something? WTF wouldn't you do that?? you honestly feel shorts will outscore a guy who has 13 TD's and 0 Int's in his last 4 games??

Foles will match Shorts' total production by the 2nd quarter against Detroit.

I do, it is normally a kicker or a DST though.

Not in the play offs though

No kidding. Same goes for the guy in my league who did this.

I wish I was in a money league with guys that made decisions based on watching on TV

Foles vs Shorts ?...cause of TV ?

You basically just told everyone here you're an idiot.

I actually prefer not to play players on Thursday because if he does bad it feels like you're already in a bad predicament for the rest of the week. But obviously if you have good players on thursday you roll them out there. If I have 2 players that I rank about the same, I'd rather use the guy on Sunday/Monday.

I actually prefer not to play players on Thursday because if he does bad it feels like you're already in a bad predicament for the rest of the week. But obviously if you have good players on thursday you roll them out there. If I have 2 players that I rank about the same, I'd rather use the guy on Sunday/Monday.

Yes. I have been that guy. Sort of ruins the weekend knowing 2 of your guys put up 12 points total and you are already in trouble.

I hate having guys playing on Thursday Night. They have a bad game and your pissed off for another 3 days.

I always try to pick a kicker up that is playing Monday Night and if cant do that then look for one on Sunday Night. :thumbsup:

I start the players "I think" will score the most points, all factors considered.

This.

The only reason not to is if a Thursday night player is your first backup, and at least one Sunday/Monday starter is iffy to play.

Week 15 has the Broncos at home vs the Chargers on Thursday night...

I will be starting D.Thomas and K.Moreno without hesitation. I just won't start Rivers in that game. I will place my faith in Foles at the Vikings.

I will also sit A.Luck vs Hou.

People get so mad! LOL

I meant Riley Cooper instead of Foles.

Here is my rational, when the whole world is watching it means more. I always push to play guys in featured games: Monday night, Thursday night or Sunday night. Contracts are paid when the fans want to see them paid.

LOL at all the angah!

People get so mad! LOL

I meant Riley Cooper instead of Foles.

Here is my rational, when the whole world is watching it means more. I always push to play guys in featured games: Monday night, Thursday night or Sunday night. Contracts are paid when the fans want to see them paid.

LOL at all the angah!

To be fair, people called you an idiot because you said Shorts over Foles.

That being said, to your basic premise... I love having players on Monday because of the anticipation of getting points for the win. Sunday night is good as well, although you don't get the day of anticipation. Thursday night, not so much, for reasons stated already. If a guy does well on your bench Thursday, you still figure your starters will do well on Sunday. But if he lays an egg in your starting lineup, it sucks for days.

It's one of those leagues that give -3 for tds and +6 for ints

Avoid Thursday games at all costs....only decent starts are defenses

Thursday night games seem to be hit or miss this year. Excluding Thanksgiving which always seems like an outlier, the winning team has scored 30+ six times. And both teams have combined for 50+ four times.

The only real duds this year have been NYJ vs NE and ATL vs NO. Both games 30 points and under.

I've got AJ going tonight.....also playing against him in another league....tough to know what to exactly hope for. Not worried about the matchup per se, but I am worried about Keenum, who hasn't played as well recently.....going on the road on a short week. Could be tough for the rook.

One guy is playing it for entertainment value & the other guy is playing competitive for some cash

Yep, Peyton Manning really sucked on Thursday night in the opener.

LOL!

Ummm... that was the opener with an entire offseason & not on a short week. Apples to oranges.