Sign in to follow this  
jjg

Josh Gordon risky play?

The Playmaker had an interesting take on NFL Network last night... Even though Gordon went off last two weeks for 200+, Cleveland still lost both games. Maybe Bellychick won't even bother, besides Pats have HUGE problems stopping the run still lol... In the last seven weeks Gordon has faced the 4th, 6th, and 10th best passing defenses, and torched them for a minimum buck twenty-five and one score.

I'm going to start him.

He may be playing with the sub emergency QB this week if Weeden or Campbell can't go. That would equal definite bench for me.

There's bad faraway football advice as then there's this.

The fact that the browns will be behind means he is going to get a lot of airballs thrown his way. Pats will get off to a big lead and shut it down by the late third/early fourth.

He's in for me.. I don't even have a 4th WR at the moment on the team where I have him (see sig below.. I made a bad choice and cut Crabtree instead of Harvin). Anyway.. i'm not hooking him for a Streater, Cordarelle P type streamer for a 1st round playoff game.

Hoping Campbell gets cleared to practice over the next day or two.. but as someone posted before.. He's been my super WR3 all season.. I just need a WR3 floor at least to keep my roll on (knock on wood). Anything on top of that in Week 14 would be gravy.

Not that it's exactly an apples-to-apples comparison at all.. but i'd be curious to know what Marshall's numbers were luck when Caleb Hanie had his mistake filled run with the Bears a few seasons ago.

Josh nearly always hauls in a couple of deep passes to get him respectable yardage.. and the Brownies shouldhave to throw all 2nd half to try to catch up.. The hope would be, for all Gordon owners.. that they aren't simply overwhelmed by a charged up Pats D who smell blood in the water.

NE's been far from a shutdown pass D of late.. Just hope a Hanie/Tanney lead team isn't completely pathetic.. or even better.. Campbell gets cleared to play soon.

Marshall wasnt a bear

I think NE shuts down Gordon this week. I don't think he clears 60 yards, with no TDs. He has bouyed my FF team the last month, but I'm benching him and starting Roddy White in his place. If the Hoodie can game plan to shut down Jimmy Graham with Brees throwing him the ball, he can shut down Gordon with a scrub throwing the ball.

My prediction is 7 catches, 60 yards, 0 TDs - and 50 of it coming in garbage time.

The difference was Brees was in the game all game long and the saints took the lead late. The pats will probably be up 3 TDs and a FG and BB isnt the type to punish bad out of division opponents.

I am not in a six team league, I am just talent heavy at WR and my RB's are rubbish.... Gordon is a dilemma for me - I have:

D Thomas, AJ Green, A Jeffery and the aforementioned Gordon. :doh: ( non PPR ) start 3..

Green is about the only one I am set on.

Thomas.. Tenn pass D is pretty stout.

Gordon.. Talib.. although the fact that Campbell is back is a relative plus.

Jeffery... I have this gut feeling that Marshall goes nuts on the prime time stage.

I have no frigging idea which three to start. :dunno:

Cowboys past games should help when on the road..........receivers like Colston, Stills, Randle, Megatron, and Bowe all have done well. Jeffery is coming off a big week so it probably will be Marshall. Tenn d is stout but Thomas has put up second half numbers in the past. The eagles have been good at stopping top receivers until they are out of the game. San Diego did well first half and DT racked in 3 in second half. Actually, the broncos have developed a strategy that should be more obvious to people. When he's healthy JT has gotten all the early TDs almost, scoring first two against ravens, first against raiders, first two against Dallas, first against Jacksonville, first against Indy, first against SD, first against KC..............Then Welker gets involved some and in the second half is where Thomas has come on. This will probably be a blowout because Manning spreads the ball around. Titans do not have an answer for all three. If JT isnt back, I expect Welker and Moreno early then DT late. I didnt know the browns got someone off the street if that was the case then I'd say no to Gordon but with Campbell back he should rack up late yards and a score. Idk if NE is thinking of payback from 2010 or not, its the browns. They are not gonna waste their energy on them when they have two big road games coming up. Green might be a strong play but ynk he is the stud though.

I'd start Green, Thomas, and Gordon.

The pats will probably be up 3 TDs and a FG and BB isnt the type to punish bad out of division opponents.

Seems like he is more than willing to run the score up on anybody, from what I have seen over the years.

Seems like he is more than willing to run the score up on anybody, from what I have seen over the years.

I think that was mainly limited to '07 when he had a point to prove regarding Spygate. Although, really, there's hardly any such thing as "running up the score" anymore since teams can score very quickly now with the prominence of the passing game.

I'm gonna go ahead and call this now:

Gordon will have 3-5 catches for <40 yards in the third quarter... and all the guys in this thread will start chiming in about him being shut down. But he'll finish with at least 15 fantasy points.

Now... we play the waiting game.

Gordon will have 3-5 catches for <40 yards in the third quarter... and all the guys in this thread will start chiming in about him being shut down. But he'll finish with at least 15 fantasy points.

Lol...i see that happening! But the bitching will start before halftime. Gordon owner here.

Lol...i see that happening! But the bitching will start before halftime. Gordon owner here.

So would you start Demaryius over Gordon??

I was on the fence too, based on BB's ability to scheme against opposing players. Then I saw that Gordon has been targeted 47 times in the past three weeks, and 64 in the past five games, including KC, BALT, PIT, CIN in four of five. Solid defenses have not been able to stop him. I hope that trend continues today!

So would you start Demaryius over Gordon??

I have them both, but I am starting them both. I would roll Gordon out. Tanney is inactive, so it would seem Campbell's health isnt in question.

flex starter..Gordon or A.Brown? I am leaning towards Brown due to better weather out in SD. The rb slot might be the better play anyway.

1 Point every 10 yards. 6 for Td's.

I know stuff.

Boom! There it is!

Boom! There it is!

Well...to be fair, many of us were talking Gordon when we thought that Hanie/Scrub were going to be chucking the rock. Gordon is an amazing football player.

• Like 1

Bench Gordon? Nope.

Bench McCoy? Nope.

Hope some folks learned a thing of two today--never bench your studs!

Bench Gordon? Nope.

Bench McCoy? Nope.

Hope some folks learned a thing of two today--never bench your studs!

Played both. I have no freaking idea why people were talking about benching these guys.

Well...to be fair, many of us were talking Gordon when we thought that Hanie/Scrub were going to be chucking the rock. Gordon is an amazing football player.

That is absolutely fair. With no Campbell it was definitely an uncomfortable play... but you simply do NOT bench a player like Gordon. Ever.

That is absolutely fair. With no Campbell it was definitely an uncomfortable play... but you simply do NOT bench a player like Gordon. Ever.

Now that is silly talk. It depends upon who the alternative options were. I would have been perfectly fine not starting Gordon had Hanie/Whoever had to start, considering what I have on my bench.

Now that is silly talk. It depends upon who the alternative options were. I would have been perfectly fine not starting Gordon had Hanie/Whoever had to start, considering what I have on my bench.

I'd start Gordon if Rosie O'donnell was his QB

Stating the obvious. If I had Dan Marino I might bench manning in the cold. Sorry Ms. Jackson

Decker, Garcon and Floyd on my bench. Gordon starts over any of them... every week.

I s'pose if you have three top 5-10 WR's... the case could be made... but who has three top WR's?

Decker, Garcon and Floyd on my bench. Gordon starts over any of them... every week.

I s'pose if you have three top 5-10 WR's... the case could be made... but who has three top WR's?

I suppose I just shouldn't respond, because it doesn't matter much - but the matchups I had with players on my bench were appealing, which is why I posted earlier about thinking that Gordon would be stopped. The minute a regular QB got the nod, I knew that Gordon would play.

This is about hindsight. None of us have any way of knowing what Gordon does with a QB that hasn't been on the roster more than a week - and that's the only discussion that really matters here in comparison. It doesn't really matter that Gordon has been the best WR in the NFL over the past month, if he has no one to throw the ball to him while facing Belicheat who can game plan a player out of a game.

I have Dem. Thomas, Dez AND Gordon. It is hard to sit Dez or Thomas, but i have to.

I have Dem. Thomas, Dez AND Gordon. It is hard to sit Dez or Thomas, but i have to.

That sucks. Woulda been nice to make a trade eh? I tried to move Decker or Garcon for weeks... but nobody wanted to play ball.

That sucks. Woulda been nice to make a trade eh? I tried to move Decker or Garcon for weeks... but nobody wanted to play ball.

I tried to trade Gordon back around week 6, but my only offer was Daniel Thomas and Miles Austin. :lol: