Sign in to follow this  
jpcdds

Andre Ellington - 10 catches a game?

What is his track record with RB receptions as a HC/OC? Has that been a staple?

IMO Palmer is pretty bad in the screen game.

• Like 1

Arians now says ellington can handles 30 touches as long as he gets 10 of them through the air...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000337728/article/arians-andre-ellington-might-get-10-catches-per-game

i wont check it out, but i think its safe to say that there has never been a RB who avg. 10 catches a gm. off the top, maybe m faulk would be the closest, and im sure its nothing close to that. 160 catches a yr? marvin or jerry @ wr prolly barely got there, even if they did, id bet.

If you believe that I've got an RB that is going to be run until he pukes and then run some more. Coaches make stupid comments this time of year. It is best to not read to much into this.

i wont check it out, but i think its safe to say that there has never been a RB who avg. 10 catches a gm. off the top, maybe m faulk would be the closest, and im sure its nothing close to that. 160 catches a yr? marvin or jerry @ wr prolly barely got there, even if they did, id bet.

I think some are misunderstanding his statement but here are a few all-time RB/reception numbers for your viewing pleasure...

Larry Centers ARI 101 (1995)

L Tomlinson SD 100 (2003)

Roger Craig SF 92 (1985)

Brian Westbrook PHI 90 (2007)

Reggie Bush NO 88 (2006)

Marshall Faulk STL 87 (1999)

Derek Loville SF 87 (1995)

• Like 1

I think some are misunderstanding his statement but here are a few all-time RB/reception numbers for your viewing pleasure...

Larry Centers ARI 101 (1995)

L Tomlinson SD 100 (2003)

Roger Craig SF 92 (1985)

Brian Westbrook PHI 90 (2007)

Reggie Bush NO 88 (2006)

Marshall Faulk STL 87 (1999)

Derek Loville SF 87 (1995)

thanks. good perspective. :thumbsup: also, 101. that's crazy. wow. i vaguely remember that, too. as i recall, centers played a lot of FB, too. how many carries did he get?

i read his post again, came to same conclusion, however improbable the conclusion seems. maybe you can offer an assist so its clear?

thanks. good perspective. :thumbsup: also, 101. that's crazy. wow. i vaguely remember that, too. as i recall, centers played a lot of FB, too. how many carries did he get?

i read his post again, came to same conclusion, however improbable the conclusion seems. maybe you can offer an assist so its clear?

Centers was a fullback.

Career stats:

615 carries, 2188 rushing yards, 14 rushing TDs

827 receptions, 6797 receiving yards, 28 receiving TDs

I really wonder how Centers would do in today's game. The FB position is an afterthought, but a FB with his receiving ability would really add a dimension to 2 back sets that defenses would have to account for.

Centers was a fullback.

Career stats:

615 carries, 2188 rushing yards, 14 rushing TDs

827 receptions, 6797 receiving yards, 28 receiving TDs

I really wonder how Centers would do in today's game. The FB position is an afterthought, but a FB with his receiving ability would really add a dimension to 2 back sets that defenses would have to account for.

i do remember him as a skin, i think when norv was here. he was a skilled receiver, i just dont think i truly aprpeciated the full scale of his abilities.

can we think of a comparison in todays game, to maybe try to understand how he would correlate? he'd be like an H back prolly, right?

i do remember him as a skin, i think when norv was here. he was a skilled receiver, i just dont think i truly aprpeciated the full scale of his abilities.

can we think of a comparison in todays game, to maybe try to understand how he would correlate? he'd be like an H back prolly, right?

Charles Clay comes to mind... But even that may be apples to oranges. I suppose what I am suggesting is that in today's game Centers may best fit as a TE.

Charles Clay comes to mind... But even that may be apples to oranges. I suppose what I am suggesting is that in today's game Centers may best fit as a TE.

maybe so. i remember gibbs had that hybrid H back position, combo blocker, RB, TE. sorta like the move TE for NE. he would seem to have been perfect for it.

Arians now says ellington can handles 30 touches as long as he gets 10 of them through the air...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000337728/article/arians-andre-ellington-might-get-10-catches-per-game

will that sounds good to me . i guess i better take a closer look in ppr leagues if thats the case .

What is his track record with RB receptions as a HC/OC? Has that been a staple?

IMO Palmer is pretty bad in the screen game.

Arians has never used Rb's much at all as pass catchers in his offense. 40 some catches has been about the highest for his 3rd down backs.

Have my doubts he's going to completely change his philosophy and throw like crazy to one.

• Like 1

the raiders need to use there fb m reece more in the passing game . guy is also big man with very good speed and can catch . he had 32 rec in 16 games last season . sad too see that much talent waisted imo

Four catches a game would be 64 on the season, and it would be a great groundwork for reliable PPR production.

A solid RB2 puts up about 13 ppg. That means that he'd have to average 90 yards per game to be a contributor to your championship level squad if he scored zero TDs.

Let's say he gets 4 recs and 10 rushes a game. If he keeps his yards per touch near 6, the 85 is an attainable number.

Even if he isn't getting goal line carries, you figure a guy who is electric in this role could go 6 - 8 TDs.

960 / 64 rec / 320 / 6 total TDs = 228 ppr total and 14.25 ppg

That puts him in last year's RB11-13 territory: Fred Jackson, Danny Woodhead, Gio Bernard

Cut through the hyperbole and you get the type of role that makes a lot of backs very fantasy relevant. The trick is delivering it. He needs a 3.5 ppg bump from last year to deliver.

Four catches a game would be 64 on the season, and it would be a great groundwork for reliable PPR production.

A solid RB2 puts up about 13 ppg. That means that he'd have to average 90 yards per game to be a contributor to your championship level squad if he scored zero TDs.

Let's say he gets 4 recs and 10 rushes a game. If he keeps his yards per touch near 6, the 85 is an attainable number.

Even if he isn't getting goal line carries, you figure a guy who is electric in this role could go 6 - 8 TDs.

960 / 64 rec / 320 / 6 total TDs = 228 ppr total and 14.25 ppg

That puts him in last year's RB11-13 territory: Fred Jackson, Danny Woodhead, Gio Bernard

Cut through the hyperbole and you get the type of role that makes a lot of backs very fantasy relevant. The trick is delivering it. He needs a 3.5 ppg bump from last year to deliver.

will mendenhall retired and he had 236 touches . so that should help with them number you came up with

After hearing that CJ spiller was going to get the ball till he threw up last year I will never believe any coach again.

• Like 1

Just a quick look at PFR. leading RB receptions for Arians' teams as an OC:

Jamel White 44

Jamel White 63

Jamel White 46

Willie Parker 23

Mewelde Moore 40

Rashard Mendenhall 25

Mewelde Moore 26

Rashard Mendenhall 18

Vick Ballard 17

Andre Ellington 39

So even at the top end, that's nowhere near 10 catches/game.

FWIW Jamel White was 5'9", like Ellington.

On the other hand, White weighed 222 pounds, Ellington 199.

will mendenhall retired and he had 236 touches . so that should help with them number you came up with

Stefan Taylor will be the recipient of many of those touches.

do you guys like ellington mid round 3 in ppr ?

I don't know. I do like him, but I didn't think he would go that high, but he probably will. I personally would probably take a WR in round 3 if I feel a big potential WR is available, although late 3rd round Ellington would be tempting, but if he was available later then he has more value obviously. I would be a little scared because last year, running backs who hadn't been starters like David Wilson and Lamar Miller went 3rd round, but I took Andre Johnson instead and that was by far a better pick.

Would the two wr you are keeping equal to rounds 1 and 2 picks? Making Ellington your first RB taken? If so I think I would go with the follow of the draft and take best RB available. If its Ellington so be it.