Sign in to follow this  
Phurfur

Colorado boy punished for drawing handgun for assignment

He looked up at the clouds and saw a handgun.

A Colorado second grader was disciplined after he drew a picture of a handgun during an assignment where students look up to the clouds and draw what they see.

Kody Smith, 8, went outside May 14, looked up to the sky and saw a big fluffy handgun, KKTV.com reported. When he showed the drawing to his teacher at Talbott Elementary in Widefield, which is southeast of Colorado Springs, he was reprimanded.

The school reportedly filed a behavior report that said Smiths behavior was disruptive to the school. The school district told the station that the report will not remain on Smiths record and its response was in line with routine procedures focused on school safety. But the boys parents say he was wrongfully punished.

"He was doing exactly what he was told to do for the assignment,' Angel Rivers, the boy's mom, told the station.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/23/colorado-boy-punished-for-drawing-handgun-during-assignment/?intcmp=latestnews

Clearly there's nothing else to this story and we should all assume the school acted in appropriately because MK Ultra.

So he basically got a behavior report...probably missed out on like 30 minutes of playtime.

Yeah, thats worthy of a news article on a national website.

Clearly there's nothing else to this story and we should all assume the school acted in appropriately because MK Ultra.

It is the path to gun control in the future and is a method of mind control.

We should be teaching gun safety.

Don't they have gun safety programs parents can take their kids to after school???

The school district told the station that the report will not remain on Smiths record

remember when this used to be a threat used on us regarding school? "Do you want that go on your permanent record?" wth does that even mean? so, the kid goes out to get a job in maryland at the dairy queen when he's 19...during the interview, the 20 yr old manager says "I'm sorry, but I looked up your permanent record and there was a day in 2nd grade you drew a cloud gun in Colorado. I'm going to have to give the $6 an hour job to Jake because his permanent record from grade school is clear." with common core, that doesn't mean anything anyway. the kid won't be able to make change from the $5 bill for the dq double cheeseburger. he'll just be able to describe the change as a couple papers and few circular looking, metal objects.

Some schools still do. My brother is 10 years younger than me and didn't graduate high school that long ago. He took hunters safety in high school.

If it had gone on his permanent record, would the record say that he drew a gun, or that he drew a gun?

well done. surely it's the second one.

There's a great lesson in this. When the school does something absurd, no matter how harmless, always alert the media.

:rolleyes: