4pts pass TD

6pts all other TDs

My keepers were....

Luck

McCoy

Demarious

Marshall

Trade Luck for Gronk straight up?

:dunno: to have potentially the best TE for a QB in the 5-7 range?

only QBs being kept are Brees Rodgers Manning Luck Newton :music_guitarred:

Absolutely. I will take a premier player at his position in Gronk. I could play a platoon of 2 QBs that could match Luck's output from week to week. You can't say the same about Gronk. He can give you a major advantage at the TE spot.

• Like 1

No - Gronk is coming off major knee surgery and he may not even be ready for mini camp or the start of the season. Too many questions for me to trade Luck for Gronk!

Luck is going to get better and better. He will be an elite QB sooner than later.

• Like 1

I know it is a risk with Gronk but I am willing to take it. Plus being from Boston I am sure I can get someone to overpay for him mid season after a few monster games.

I just feel I can get a Rivers, Dalton , type late round and I still have the options of other QBs I can take earlier. Luck had 25 TDs last year...this year what maybe 27-32?

Either way I can get a 25TD QB but I will not find a TE with targets like Gronk..Grham and thomas are already rostered as keepers

Does Rob Gronkowski have incriminating photos on every fantasy player in the world? I mean seriously...the guy isn't a reliable asset. I would rather have David Wilson. Seriously. At least I have tempered expectations with Wilson and chances are at the end of this season, whomever has the most fantasy points between the two will only have about 49 more points than the other.

No. Do not trade for Gronk.

4 player keeper league

4pts pass TD

6pts all other TDs

My keepers were....

Luck

McCoy

Demarious

Marshall

Trade Luck for Gronk straight up?

If i was in our league i would say yes . But thats not the case .

wow looks as if I may have made the wrong move huh? Time will tell. I know its a risk with Gronk...but I also have 3 other really good keepers..and I have traded for all those guys in last two years. Plus every damn year I have very bad luck with QBs....I rather fail with Gronk.

Thanks for all the replies :thumbsup:

wow looks as if I may have made the wrong move huh? Time will tell. I know its a risk with Gronk...but I also have 3 other really good keepers..and I have traded for all those guys in last two years. Plus every damn year I have very bad luck with QBs....I rather fail with Gronk.

Thanks for all the replies :thumbsup:

Good luck. It's tough with a small keeper format, as I doubt I'd want either player in the first 4 rounds.

Gronk is broken. There's a chance he puts it together for one last monster season before the wheels are off for good, but honestly I'd put the odds of that at about 20%. Pains me to say as a Pats fan and because he's a transformative player when healthy, but the guy's body just can't hold up.

• Like 1

Gronk is broken. There's a chance he puts it together for one last monster season before the wheels are off for good, but honestly I'd put the odds of that at about 20%. Pains me to say as a Pats fan and because he's a transformative player when healthy, but the guy's body just can't hold up.

well I am not looking to keep him next year, I am looking to get him this year. I came back from fantasy football retirement 3 years back after a 5 yr hiatus. Lost in Superbowl both years...this being my third year back its boom or bust..

personal preference.

QB is deep.

Te not AS deep but Gronk is damaged goods.

depends if you want to roll the dice. If Gronk is ready week 1 and his old self, then you absolutely want the deal but you could end up with nothing in return for a very good QB.

I don't get all the Luck love in this thread. Luck is a better real QB than he is a fantasy QB. The Pep Hamilton offense really holds Luck back and I understand that people dream that Wayne and Nicks are in their prime but they are not play makers at this point in their career.

Take a moment to look at last years numbers in the fftoday consistency rankings. Andrew Luck ranked 19th overall in the QB rankings and was an elite QB only 12.5% of the time and subpar 56.25% of the time! In the format of this poster's league there are plenty of QBs that will be available in the draft and on waivers that can better these numbers.

I will take the TE that is ranked #2 overall in consistency and puts up elite numbers 57.14% of the time and is only subpar 28.57% of the time. You will not find a TE like that in the draft or on waivers.

• Like 1

I don't get all the Luck love in this thread. Luck is a better real QB than he is a fantasy QB. The Pep Hamilton offense really holds Luck back and I understand that people dream that Wayne and Nicks are in their prime but they are not play makers at this point in their career.

Take a moment to look at last years numbers in the fftoday consistency rankings. Andrew Luck ranked 19th overall in the QB rankings and was an elite QB only 12.5% of the time and subpar 56.25% of the time! In the format of this poster's league there are plenty of QBs that will be available in the draft and on waivers that can better these numbers.

I will take the TE that is ranked #2 overall in consistency and puts up elite numbers 57.14% of the time and is only subpar 28.57% of the time. You will not find a TE like that in the draft or on waivers.

Solid points. I think people are projecting a big fantasy improvement for Luck this year but perhaps it doesn't materialize due to the system factors you cited

• Like 1

I don't think there's really any clear "love" for Luck as opposed to the major uncertainty with Gronkowski.

• Like 1

I don't think there's really any clear "love" for Luck as opposed to the major uncertainty with Gronkowski.

This.

i think i shoot for the moon and take Gronk. but then again i don't place a ton of importance on QB in fantasy.

in a 4 pt pass Td league, id make that trade and target a Ryan/Kaepernick/Romo/Cutler

• Like 1