Sign in to follow this  
Breesman32

You have to take the risk

with Foster. There is just no other way around it. He is going to produce if healthy. If he gets hurt, then panic. But what other big time RB are you going to get if you don't have the big 6? Maybe Murray if you prefer him but he gets hurt as well? This is the RB to get.

I think foster isn't as risky a pick as others say he is. Peterson was the same 2 years ago and he turned out great. Foster has been consistent over multiple seasons. Same could be said for rice. I've been seeing foster going in the second round in multiple 12 team mocks. If he is there when it's my go in the second round I'll take him with confidence. If you look at his stats last year before he went down he was still producing great numbers

Foster is dropping like a rock on my RB list . The more i hear and read about him right now the more i like him later in the draft .

I'm taking Murray, probably even Bernard over Foster. In my 12 team PPR league I am sitting at 12, I am very much considering Murray or Bernard (whoever is left) and Rodgers, regardless if Foster is there or not.

Then take the risk. The fact is it's too risky for his ADP, but if you think it's worth it take him.

This. I have the first overall pick in a 10-team 2QB/PPR/Flex league, so if he's there at 20/21 I'll think about it.

I do not think Foster has a priority of being a top running back. He is thinking about being health enough to enjoy playing with his grand kids. :doh: He will go out of bounds to avoid hits and take himself out of the game plenty early.

In my 14-teamer I am really hoping he's not there at my second round pick (24 overall). Foster has taken a beating over the past few seasons and I don't think he's physically the same player who used to be a fantasy stud. Thy offense will also truly suck this year. It's just not a good combo.

I think Andre Brown about 8 rounds later is a much better value. Better yet, pass in that whole team.

I'm glad I have later drafts this year so I probably don't have to worry about this. I expect we'll get a much better picture of Foster's readiness as the weeks go on. Foster actually was playing great before he got hurt last year. He was sluggish the first game, but was back in full form pre-injury. His last three games, against some pretty good rush defenses:

vs. Seattle - 171 total yards, TD

@ San Fran - 118 total yards

vs. St. Louis - 198 total yards

That's why you have to think about taking the risk with him if he gets back on the field at any point this preseason.

I'm taking Murray, probably even Bernard over Foster. In my 12 team PPR league I am sitting at 12, I am very much considering Murray or Bernard (whoever is left) and Rodgers, regardless if Foster is there or not.

Will i would go Murray over Bernard. I really think J HILL unlike the law firm last season will play a lot more then we think he will . He like Bernard has a lot of upside .

I do not think Foster has a priority of being a top running back. He is thinking about being health enough to enjoy playing with his grand kids. :doh: He will go out of bounds to avoid hits and take himself out of the game plenty early.

Amen

As you get into the 2nd round he becomes easily draftable... I think the grandkids stuff is blown out of proportion and people get really risk averse early in the draft. take advantage at the right time.