Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Late gem rbs

Totally agree. There's no way I'd pass on any one of the big 5 RB'S you mentioned. After that, if you have a later draft pick & Graham is gone (whom your man crush is well documented) would you pass on a Murray or Lynch to take a Dez/Julio/Marshall/Green combo at the 1/2 turn?

I would not pass on murray to start wr wr. I am of the ilk that loves to have a balanced roster. Sometimes it hurts me, but up until last year it worked well. Some guys have success taking a rb with 4/5 first picks. I know my track record with rbs and its not the best so its a waste for me to draft in this manner.

Julio

Murray

That is a great start. If you want less risk with two higher risk players take demaryius instead of julio. After murray there are backs in mid rounds who are very viable in ppr. At least 1 good rb means you only need to find 1 more viable starter. Not a difficult task in ppr.

Alfred blue is no joke. He could easily step in and do a great job in that scheme. Plus how many team names could be changed to.......your my boy blue?

Another guy I'm scouting.

I already mentioned Hyde. What I didn't add to that is that you can get Gore in the 6th round (or at least I did recently 6.01 in a 10 team). I don't love Gore by any means. But if you wait on RB, grab Gore who most people want little to do with, then Hyde in the 9th or so (maybe he's creeping up a bit?) to pair with Gore and you've got a pretty good situation going with limited downside. Plus the niners roll against Dallas the first week, so Gore should start strong.

This wasn't a combo that I was targeting until it occured to me mid-draft looking at the other options around pick 60, and since I'm thinking it works pretty well. I took Gore as a flex option with Hyde to back him. We'll see but seems like a solid strategy with low downside moderate upside for a late RB pick.

I would not pass on murray to start wr wr. I am of the ilk that loves to have a balanced roster. Sometimes it hurts me, but up until last year it worked well. Some guys have success taking a rb with 4/5 first picks. I know my track record with rbs and its not the best so its a waste for me to draft in this manner.

Julio

Murray

That is a great start. If you want less risk with two higher risk players take demaryius instead of julio. After murray there are backs in mid rounds who are very viable in ppr. At least 1 good rb means you only need to find 1 more viable starter. Not a difficult task in ppr.

This is exactly what I did in a 12 team ppr league where I was picking 9th. DT/Graham went before my pick and I was happy to get Murray and then snagged Jones. Next 3 picks went Bush/R.Jennings/Luck.

Guys I am still really liking....

Jeremy Hill, Mark Ingram, Knowshon Moreno, Shonn Greene

What can I say. I like to pick through the trash and see if I can shine that shiz up.

Don't see it with Dri. I need to know when to play a guy and there is no way to predict a wheel route or bubble screen for 60 yds.

Likely true. Might be ideal for return yardage leagues. The return yards will provide some stability with the boom potential.

I'm starting to wonder.... is Steven Jackson is primed for one last bounce back year. Julio is back, and I wonder if this passing attack can stretch out the opposing D just enough for Jackson to out-perform his current ADP of late 7th early 8th... is it that unreasonable for him to have an 1,100-1,200 total yard/ 7-8 TD season if he stays healthy?

I'm starting to wonder.... is Steven Jackson is primed for one last bounce back year. Julio is back, and I wonder if this passing attack can stretch out the opposing D just enough for Jackson to out-perform his current ADP of late 7th early 8th... is it that unreasonable for him to have an 1,100-1,200 total yard/ 7-8 TD season if he stays healthy?

He's already got a leg tissue injury. Nothing changes with this guy. DND.

Nice list. I think going WR/WR will still yield some options at RB later on. I really like Hyde this year, as others have said, and wouldn't be surprised to see Grimes see some substantial carries this season.

- that McKinnon kid is gonna be a FF playoff hero this season... the wheels are really gonna come flying off of AsshatP this year, and McKinnon will thrive in the Norv scheme.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

SUCK IT, AsshatP owners !!111!111! :clap:

- that McKinnon kid is gonna be a FF playoff hero this season... the wheels are really gonna come flying off of AsshatP this year, and McKinnon will thrive in the Norv scheme.

You had no idea how right this prediction would be. Boy, did the wheels ever come flying off!!!

I drafted Bradshaw in all leagues...He was my guy this year. So was RG3. 1 for 2 aint bad.

Haha I have Bradshaw too. Actually, I'll be honest, I drafted T-Rich, and after watching him bungle around more I immediately dumped him for Bradshaw who was available. I draft a couple of weeks before the season starts, and I rarely watch preseason, but that was an exception. My god T-Rich sucks.

You had no idea how right this prediction would be. Boy, did the wheels ever come flying off!!!

I grabbed Mckinnon this weekend as a lottery ticket stash...I would have really liked to see a bit usage for him though.....doesnt seem like he got any touches at all but he has to at some point right...he just flat out better then Asiata who is really nothing special.

Rather than a zero rb strategy, i think a draft a viable rb in the first so you have one reliable option and then ignore the position for 4 or 5 rounds is better strategy. I do understand the premise is avoiding the WIFF half of us are going to experience with 5 of the first 10 taken.

Ap

Mccoy

Forte

Lacy

Charles

Dont see how you can pass on one of them

Safest rb out of the next 5 is ball imo.

5 out of 5 quickly becomes 1 out of 5. Drafting early was a plague this year. I thought Foster was the most underrated RB this year and his injury will proabbly change that. I am going with K. Robinson NO at this point.