Sign in to follow this  
touchdowntwitaker

Why no love for Allen Hurn - This year Wr from nowhere

Have you seen Chad Henne play?

I'm dumping Josh Gordon for him, and as a point of comparison, I think he has just as much upside this year than AZ's John Brown, despite Brown getting way more love from the wonks and Rotoworld.

• Like 1

Why?

Because in 2013, can you name the WR that led the NFL preseason in receiving yardage?

Thats right. Marcus Easley (2 career regular season reception)

How about who led the NFL in both preseason receptions AND yards in 2012?

The immortal Traveris Cadet. This dude had 30 receptions in the preseason in 2012. 30. Thirty. Three oh. He has had 7 regular season receptions in 3 NFL seasons.

OK but in 2011, Antonio Brown led the NFL in preseason receiving yards. And that dude is a STUD.

Second and third that year in receiving yards?

Taj Smith (0 career regular season receptions and out of the NFL now) and special teams ace Matt Slater (1 career regular season reception and listed as free safety on the Pats depth chart now)

2010? Yup Victor Cruz led the preseason in receiving yards and he panned out. 2nd thru 6th that year?

Max Willis, Adrien Arrington, Max Komar, Deon Butler, and Stephen Williams.

I could go on. But the message here is: Preseason means nothing.

Why?

Because in 2013, can you name the WR that led the NFL preseason in receiving yardage?

Thats right. Marcus Easley (2 career regular season reception)

How about who led the NFL in both preseason receptions AND yards in 2012?

The immortal Traveris Cadet. This dude had 30 receptions in the preseason in 2012. 30. Thirty. Three oh. He has had 7 regular season receptions in 3 NFL seasons.

OK but in 2011, Antonio Brown led the NFL in preseason receiving yards. And that dude is a STUD.

Second and third that year in receiving yards?

Taj Smith (0 career regular season receptions and out of the NFL now) and special teams ace Matt Slater (1 career regular season reception and listed as free safety on the Pats depth chart now)

2010? Yup Victor Cruz led the preseason in receiving yards and he panned out. 2nd thru 6th that year?

Max Willis, Adrien Arrington, Max Komar, Deon Butler, and Stephen Williams.

I could go on. But the message here is: Preseason means nothing.

Preseason stats mean nothing.

But the eyeball test can render good clues in some instances.

If I am not mistaken he is playing for his college coach? That is the biggest take away from everything I have read. His coach already knows what he can do and has a relationship with him besides pro athlete and pro coach. Word is he is a good route runner and thay have to throw it to someone other than the te on short dumpoffs right? im buying as a late round flyer with upside in pprs.

Allen hurns is the greatest ever! Its a proven fact that the player who leads the league in yards is a top flight receiver the next year.

Not really. He plays in jax and most likely will be 3rd or 4th in the passing game. The 3rd or 4th option is a ghost in that offense.

Preseason studs

Have you seen Chad Henne play?

From strictly a fantasy perspective, Henne is alright bro.

I don't know why some people think JAX is still the worst team in the league... I have them 7-9... Maybe 8-8 this season.

And for those basically suggesting the pre season means nothing... Correct :)

Why no love for Allen Hurn?

Plenty of love here. I own him in every league as my last WR. I hate rookie WR's and rarely draft them, but this year is different. In fact, I predict that 2014 will be the year of the rookie receivers....including Hurns.

btw....I have coined his name for this fantasy season: "Hit Man" Hurns.

Wasn't he already Hitman Hurns? I like him enough and his production in college was ridiculous. He is even above Marqise Lee on the depth chart. It wouldn't hurt to take him as a flier on him if you're thin but I think expecting W.R. 2 or 3 production consistently may be a stretch.

I don't understand the love nor hate for him. If you're drafting him before the very late rounds and/or solely counting on him to produce to help you to a championship - then you're an idiot....but the people that are saying that there's no chance of him amounting to anything are idiots too.

Hurns can be had in the 15+ round. He may have upside, who knows? What I do know is I've already seen what the other WRs in the 15th+ rounds can/have done & I'd rather gamble on a big payout (with little investment) than to know for almost a certainty won't provide me with jack (little investment/little risk/little production).

Fyi... can't help but notice that FFT has Hurns ranked 22nd this week, well above Robinson and right next to John Brown, whom I can't seem to trade for for anything but there's Hurns sitting on the WW.

Stagnant offense, not a lot of targets, but he is a big play guy who has a knack for scoring TDs.

Anyone have any impressions of his so far this year?

Fyi... can't help but notice that FFT has Hurns ranked 22nd this week, well above Robinson and right next to John Brown, whom I can't seem to trade for for anything but there's Hurns sitting on the WW.

Stagnant offense, not a lot of targets, but he is a big play guy who has a knack for scoring TDs.

Anyone have any impressions of his so far this year?

You just gave them.