Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

Benny Cunningham

Would any of you guys who feel strongly about Cunningham waive a DeAngelo Williams or an Ahmad Bradshaw for him? I'd love to wait and see, but I just know he won't be there on the wire after week 1 ends, if he really does get the amount of carries it sounds like he's going to get.

It's an interesting choice. He has the chance to be a star if he gets the work, but I'm just not convinced Fisher will give up on Stacy. Stacy, while a bit of a plodder, was very effective last year despite the low YPC.

He's just on that line between "promising flyer" and "guy you can cycle at the end of your roster." If you have plenty of low-upside, 60-yard-a-week options like Williams, you could drop one. I think Cunningham is probably a top-5 to 10 handcuff option right now. The problem, of course, is that you can't have them all.

• Like 1

Watch they pull a rbbc crap.

That's what latest news pretty much states. Someone just cut Benny and I think I am gonna make room for him

From Rotoworld:

Rams RBs coach Ben Sirmans said that he "wouldn't be surprised" if Zac Stacy took the first snaps in Sunday's opener against the Vikings.

Advice: Sirmans added that the final depth chart is "still to be determined." The fact Stacy has yet to be named the starter, however, confirms Benny Cunningham is going to have a role in the offense. The Rams are expected to go with a "hot hand" approach at running back, and could use a committee of Stacy and Cunningham. Stacy is borderline RB1 for Week 1, but there remains concern about his workload this season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ugh for the first time i'm starting to see the writing on the wall here....just have to hope Stacy takes this job back with a good game tomorrow.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/article_2a279c0f-64ac-54ab-990d-b5c57add6aff.html#.VAuXHifTKl8.twitter

funny thing is if you actually read the article rotoworld cites, it tells a much more positive story about stacy. i'm starting to think rotoworld hates stacy and takes anything written about him negatively and Cunningham positively just to stir things up.

LOL... Stacy is volume dependent. I've been saying this the entire time and no one wanted to listen.

If they split carries, he has no value. Unless you think 800 yards and 6 TDs is valuable. I'd rather have Mark Ingram.

Hopefully, for your sake they feed Stacy 20+ times per game, because if he ends up getting 12 carries a game, with his pedestrian YPC, you are looking at a RB4.

Lol. I agreed until you mentioned ingram who is in a 3 way rbbc menage a trois with PT and robinson.

Would any of you guys who feel strongly about Cunningham waive a DeAngelo Williams or an Ahmad Bradshaw for him? I'd love to wait and see, but I just know he won't be there on the wire after week 1 ends, if he really does get the amount of carries it sounds like he's going to get.

Without a second thought.

"funny thing is if you actually read the article rotoworld cites, it tells a much more positive story about stacy."

Rotoworld spins stuff all the time to fit their narrative. Back in the day they used to do it to Marshawn Lynch before he became Beast Mode. They would cite quotes out of context, etc. to make him look bad. Good on you for digging deeper.

"funny thing is if you actually read the article rotoworld cites, it tells a much more positive story about stacy."

Rotoworld spins stuff all the time to fit their narrative. Back in the day they used to do it to Marshawn Lynch before he became Beast Mode. They would cite quotes out of context, etc. to make him look bad. Good on you for digging deeper.

Agreed. Look back at Toby Gerhart's write-ups since he joined Jacksonville. RW ripped the Jags early and then when it became apparent that he would be see the majority of carries in JAX, he became one of its "favorite RB2 targets". However, RW is still talking him down, saying he "is limited as a runner and rarely gets more than what's blocked".

Fact: Gerhart ranked fourth in the NFL in yards after contact per rushing attempt (3.8) in Pro Football Focus' 2013 ratings.

It's sad, but there are a lot of followers in this hobby and few people who actually watch the majority - or all - of the games and come up with their own opinions. Rotoworld is helpful for its news stream, but their analysis-by-committee approach could stand to be improved.

• Like 1

Agreed. Look back at Toby Gerhart's write-ups since he joined Jacksonville. RW ripped the Jags early and then when it became apparent that he would be see the majority of carries in JAX, he became one of its "favorite RB2 targets". However, RW is still talking him down, saying he "is limited as a runner and rarely gets more than what's blocked".

Fact: Gerhart ranked fourth in the NFL in yards after contact per rushing attempt (3.8) in Pro Football Focus' 2013 ratings.

It's sad, but there are a lot of followers in this hobby and few people who actually watch the majority - or all - of the games and come up with their own opinions. Rotoworld is helpful for its news stream, but their analysis-by-committee approach could stand to be improved.

Dont even get me started on the misconceptions of gerhart. Coming out of college he weighed 231 pounds. His listed 40 time per nfldraftscout.com was 4.50. I think it may have been 2 100ths slower? Even if it was 4.52... HES 231 FRICKIN POUNDS! People are regurgitating the "Hes a plodder" and its just flat out wrong.

I get a little ribbing for repeating something on the radio. One person claims gerhart is slow and all of a sudden half the fantasy world believes it, taking it for gospel.

Tons of backs come out of college to run 4.6+ 40s and no one calls them plodders.

Lol. I agreed until you mentioned ingram who is in a 3 way rbbc menage a trois with PT and robinson.

It's cool. There are plenty of people sleeping on Ingram this year. I am not one of them.

Tons of backs come out of college to run 4.6+ 40s and no one calls them plodders.

Cause they aren't white.

Cunningham returns kickoffs. Why the worry?

What's that have to do with price of rice in china?

Stacy and Cunningham splitting reps in warm-ups. Stacy owners meltdown in 3.... 2.... 1.....

Denial to the end. The giveaway was who started dress rehearsal week 3 fellas. You don't do that without intent to use the man.

neither worth starting. Cunningham didn't come in as the lead back until midway through the 2nd. got more time late in the blowout. stacy still seems like the #1 guy but i'm not sure that means anything with a 3rd string qb in there. awful situation.

Never seen such a promising football team top to bottom with such Godawful QB play. The only way they're going to win is pound the rock. Oh yeah, like what they did last year.

Denial to the end. The giveaway was who started dress rehearsal week 3 fellas. You don't do that without intent to use the man.

5 carries? You're right. :doh:

5 carries? You're right. :doh:

the year is still young my friend, either way I don't like the team running game or opponents

hope the rams try to trade/sign for a QB this week.

I'm thinking a good combination of value and cost was standing on the sidelines across from them today. Ponder is buried on the Vikes depth chart.

Stacy has 12 touches and Benny has 9.

Looks like Benny will be the passing back, going to be a waste land since they have no QB anyway.

I watched this whole game I'm telling you it's important to note Cunningham got most of his work on the last two drives when both teams were trying to end the game.

Stacy out touched him 12-4 when it mattered. Stacy is the lead back here but like I said earlier it's unfortunately the lead back of a dumpster fire.

• Like 1

Stacy performed fine without a QB last season.

Not sure what has changed.

this is my hope as well. its clear something wasn't right with hill or else minny's def has improved a ton. hopefully the rams will have a solid gameplan for whoever their starter is so Stacy can get rolling to something close to what he did last season.

this is my hope as well. its clear something wasn't right with hill or else minny's def has improved a ton. hopefully the rams will have a solid gameplan for whoever their starter is so Stacy can get rolling to something close to what he did last season.

You are delusional... Stacy will be a RB3/4, accept it, move on and find his replacement before it's too late!

You are delusional... Stacy will be a RB3/4, accept it, move on and find his replacement before it's too late!

yeah maybe I can get Charles for him.

The game i saw this past weekend was one where Stacy got majority of the carries. It wasn't until the game was concluded that Benny started getting his touches. Rams defense should be a solid group this year. My guess is Fisher goes back to the drawing board and pound that rock going forward.

There might be enough carries for both guys.

It's rbbc pretty much. I don't think either is going to take the lions share of touches. Just stay away from the whole mess if possible. Cunningham is worth a roster spot if you can dump someone useless, but he will probably only become relevant if Stacy gets hurt.

is it time to deal stacy? if so what do you think you can get for him

if you are lucky a gore/Jennings/vereen/cj1k/Mathews type. otherwise i'd just hold another week and go down with the ship.