Sign in to follow this  
giraldi02

53 Man Cut-Down Activity

This weekend there are a lot of fantasy drafts...and the next two days are going to concrete a lot of questions. If anyone wants to post and add to it it might help you get that last minute edge over the weekend. So..just off of initial look today, here are the first few observations.

Is Santonio Holmes a lock with the Bears?

The Eagles are releasing Alex Henery and going with a kid named Cody Parkey (he can boot 50+ yarders). He will be the very definition of sleeper kicker on a high powered offense that might have gotten better. The Eagles had to get within the 35 yard line to be comfortable with Alex Henery.

BJGE was released...which helps Jeremy Hill's rookie campaign in deep redrafts.

Kyle Orton has apparently signed with the Bills for a one year contract. I don't trust their QB's at all. Love Watkins as a dynasty guy, but hate the Bills entirely in redraft.

Terrell Pryor was cut. The Jets maybe?

Santonio is getting hyped by the Bears as having a "real role" in the office and reports have him splitting the WR3 job with Morgan.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/505410707933102080

Not sure I buy it, but worth keeping in mind for those still drafting super deep.

That makes me salivate at waiting on quarterbacks and then drafting Cutler . Been able to pair him with Foles or Brady in almost every league.

Are you certain the Eagles cut Alex Henry?

Eskin and Reuben Frank both tweeted about it. McManus implied it in his tweet but referenced an article immediately post-game.

Just a suggestion. Maybe a rookie kicker isn't anything special. But they should be able to kick beyond 47 yards. Henery cant and he contributed greatly in New Orleans' win in the playoffs.

But beware. We got what we wanted when Akers screwed the pooch in the playoffs. The grass isn't always greener

Are you certain the Eagles cut Alex Henry?

Undrafted rookie K Cody Parkey has reportedly made the Eagles' 53-man roster.

Alex Henery is now likely to be cut. Parkey was acquired from the Colts on August 20, and went 3-for-3 with two 50-plus yard field goals in the Eagles' final preseason game Thursday night. Parkey should be a solid streaming option in the Eagles' high-powered offense.
Source: NJ.com
Aug 29 - 8:10 PM
  • Like 1

With McCoy and Foles on my squad, I grabbed Henery to add to their numbers.

I'm still waiting for official word from the Eagles, but I'm sure Parkey will replace Henery on my team by this afternoon.

I'm still waiting for official word from the Eagles, but I'm sure Parkey will replace Henery on my team by this afternoon.

Henery/Parkey kind of hedge your picks of McCoy/Foles? One of the three is bound to score.

keep us posted :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Washington cut 3 RBs including royster. What's up with the RB situation there? Shannahan leaves but it still seems a bit murky with the nasty comments about Morris as a pas catcher. I feel like helu has some good value at his adp... Thoughts?

Helu went in the 12th round in my last draft. Excellent value. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with Alfred Morris' numbers this season. He's a good back, don't get me wrong, but that offense is going to utilize a pass catching back and he isn't it.

Given their cutting of Royster, it makes me almost itchy for Seastrunk too in a deep league.

I forget every year this week how ruthless the NFL is. Guys that were on the brink of having real roles on their team last year, dont make the roster the next year.

Its brutal.

Helu went in the 12th round in my last draft. Excellent value. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with Alfred Morris' numbers this season. He's a good back, don't get me wrong, but that offense is going to utilize a pass catching back and he isn't it.

Given their cutting of Royster, it makes me almost itchy for Seastrunk too in a deep league.

Lache Seastrunk says via text that he was released. #redskins

:dunno:

Redskins release three running backs
Evan Royster, Lache Seastrunk and Chris Thompson
By: Mike Krueger | Aug 30 2014, 7:29 am

The Washington Redskins resumed roster cuts on Saturday morning, releasing running backs Evan Royster, Lache Seastrunk and Chris Thompson, according to people with knowledge of the situation. (Washington Post)

FFToday's Take: Seastrunk is a candidate for the practice squad and will likely land there if no other team claims him. This move mean undrafted free agent Silas Redd has made the team and will operate as the third running back behind Alfred Morris and Roy Helu. Redd lead the team this preseason in rushing with 157 yards on 34 carries.

Notables Cut:

Daniel Thomas, Dolphins

Stephen Hill, Jets

Nate Burleson, Browns

Vincent Brown, Chargers

Kris Durham, Lions

Terrelle Prior, Seahawks (has already gotten call from Rams per Rotoworld)

Mario Manningham, Giants

Alex Henery, Eagles

*Shayne Graham, Saints, that leaves them with no kicker?

Sleeper Alert:

Corey Washington, WR, Giants...made the 53 man roster.

I'm hoping to see some promising OL guy on this list so my Gmen can snatch him up. My grandmother could probably block better than most on that line.

I'll bet the phones at Valley Ranch are buzzing.

"Is this Mr. Sam? No? Oh, Champ Bailey; we want to talk to you too. Have you ever considered living in Dallas? Do you know anybody else that plays defense?"

Not notable from a fantasy perspective, but Michael Sam got the ax.

he'll latch on somewhere else soon enough ... and then we'll be HOUNDED with stories about what another amazing obstacle he overcame ...

just, no. please.

He got the shaft!

A bit surprised that Matthew Tucker didn't make the Eagles. Seemed like a good power back in limited exposure. Will be very interesting to see if he or Josey gets picked up by anyone.

Afraid he won't get picked up. The rams missed a folded opportunity for PR and a revenue stream they don't have to pay big bucks. Hope they enjoy venomous backlash and hatred from the people who bought Jerseys. Dumb to cut him. But oh well, that's the end of that story. Still no openly gay players ever in the nfl. Gotta make the final roster to count.

Afraid he won't get picked up. The rams missed a folded opportunity for PR and a revenue stream they don't have to pay big bucks. Hope they enjoy venomous backlash and hatred from the people who bought Jerseys. Dumb to cut him. But oh well, that's the end of that story. Still no openly gay players ever in the nfl. Gotta make the final roster to count.

I couldn't give 2 shits about him but if he doesn't get picked up I bet he's added to the Rams' practice squad.