Sign in to follow this  
Captain Goomy Noomy Roo

Matt Asiata

Matt "I don't beat my fockin' kids like a rented mule" Asiata !!!!

Has a nice ring to it.

I like Matty "Ace" (no? too much of a stretch?), hes played well the few times iv seen him. Rememebr they were getting blown out, im willing to bet AP doesnt catch a td in a blowout if hes getting stuffed. Just saying asiata brings something to the table at least wich is all you can ask of a backup rb in a starting position.

• Like 1

He's right. If Asiata is available, your league isn't competitive bottom line.

Agree.

On average, our league have less than 3 minutes to make the move. With mobile alerts and data access, every second counts.

Asiata was drafted by ADP owner and dropped after week 1. When the news broke, he was picked up 3 minutes after. McKinnon was also gone 5 minutes after.

The coaches really like the guy..and they've praised him all pre-season.

When given the chance, Turner feed him the ball on the opening drive which resulted in a 25+ yard rec TD. That says A LOT on how they will use him.

Here are 2 tweets today on this matter:

Charch was pretty unequivocal that McKinnon is a role player for 2014 and I trust his Vikings takes.

https://twitter.com/...214514054332417

Had @PaulCharchian on the show yesterday and he is tuned into all things MIN. Felt McKinnon didn't offer promise this year, Asiata's the man

https://twitter.com/...211082941698048

I picked him up last week and glad I have him now that I will be waiting on Ben Tate and Ryan Mathews to recover from their injuries. Alf is set as RB1, Stacy is hopefully going to keep up pace at RB2 and I will have to choose between Toby Gerhart and Asiata. I'm hoping that Gerhart's poor performance so far is a result of the injury in the opener and playing through it than the result of that offensive line and QB. Maybe a change at QB and getting right physically will make Gerhart a suitable flex option if not I may be happy I have Asiata as an option. I picked up CJ Anderson because Ball is facing Seahawks D this week and that hasn't worked to well for starting RBs so far.

I picked him up last week and glad I have him now that I will be waiting on Ben Tate and Ryan Mathews to recover from their injuries. Alf is set as RB1, Stacy is hopefully going to keep up pace at RB2 and I will have to choose between Toby Gerhart and Asiata. I'm hoping that Gerhart's poor performance so far is a result of the injury in the opener and playing through it than the result of that offensive line and QB. Maybe a change at QB and getting right physically will make Gerhart a suitable flex option if not I may be happy I have Asiata as an option. I picked up CJ Anderson because Ball is facing Seahawks D this week and that hasn't worked to well for starting RBs so far.

Football Outsiders has the Jaguars o-line graded as the worst in the NFL so far. And Chad Henne is still Chad Henne.

Gerhart probably has been limited somewhat by his ankle injury, but it appears that his problems extend beyond that.

I'd be starting Asiata over Gerhart in a heartbeat.

I have Asiata in a league where I also have Forte, Jennings and Bradshaw. I am actually entertaining the notion of starting Asiata over Forte this week, due to Chicago @ NYJ MNF.

I probably won't - but I'm thinking about it. Asiata had 19.6 points on my bench last week.

I have Asiata in a league where I also have Forte, Jennings and Bradshaw. I am actually entertaining the notion of starting Asiata over Forte this week, due to Chicago @ NYJ.

Awful.

On average, our league have less than 3 minutes to make the move.

awesome but its why I always have identified on guy on my roster that is expendable (well usually)

Is McKinnon worth a hold still? I think I want to give him one more week to see how he's used. Asiata did not have good rushing numbers and McKinnon is an amazing athlete but very raw, maybe too raw to matter this season.

I have Asiata in a league where I also have Forte, Jennings and Bradshaw. I am actually entertaining the notion of starting Asiata over Forte this week, due to Chicago @ NYJ MNF.

I probably won't - but I'm thinking about it. Asiata had 19.6 points on my bench last week.

Considering doing the same.

He sucks. If I had room I would add McKinnon and hope he overcomes his lack of polish.

I think this is wise. If I needed an RB, McKinnon would be the guy I'd grab. Asaita is more of a Leroy Hoard type guy... He's not going to get lots of break out runs...

Flex PPR: Can I start Asiata this week (after stashing him last week) in FLEX over E Sanders vs SEA with Welker returning? Leaning toward don't bench what got me here so far... but maybe less targets and SEA D isn't appealing vs a starting RB no matter how plodding.