Sign in to follow this  
PlsWinByTwo

Jordan Matthews - Time to pick him up?

With the uncertainty of my roster (drafted Allen and Patterson) I'm looking for some options to add some depth at WR. Matthews had a pretty big game on Sunday against the Skins. Solid waiver wire pickup? Are there any receivers you'd pick up ahead of him on the WW? I feel like he has the most upside among those available in my league. Here are some other options:

Josh Brown - ARI

Devin Hester - ATL

Eddie Royal - SD

Andrew Hawkins - CLE

Jeremy Kerley - NYJ

Miles Austin - CLE

Markus Wheaton - PIT

Stevie Johnson - SF

I feel like majority of these guys are WR2/3 (some even WR4) and some of them will be pushed back further once starters return e.g. Josh Gordon, Roddy White. I think Matthews has the greatest chance of going from a WR3 to a WR2 or even WR1B w/ Maclin by the end of the season. Also factor in the Eagles offense is better than any of these teams thus far and looks to be in the future and I can't see myself not pulling the trigger on this. I'd love to hear any counter arguments on this!

I think he should have been taking up a roster spot already . Cooper is not doing anything

Been keeping eye on Matthews since pre season. Cooper sucks. A lot of mouths to feed I know, but I feel he's got the skills to be crazy good in this high powered offense. Look for him to be wr 2 shortly.

- biggest plus for taking the spec w/this kid? Maclin is the DMac of wrs - dude cannot stay healthy for too long.

BOOM when it happens.

I'm happy to say that I have Maclin and Matthews in my dynasty league. Could be a solid tandem for years to come :thumbsup:

Matthews or Quick ROS?

Gotta go with Quick right? He is the #1 option in STL. Matthews has to contend with Maclin, Ertz, McCoy, Sproles & Cooper.

Dwayne Bowe or Matthews? Thinking the latter has the upside but there's just so many receiving options in Philly.

I like Jordan Matthews for the year. Good call. That high flying Philly offense and he is getting up to speed.

I also like Eddie Royal (ER), especially for this week. With Woodhead out I think ER may be the big beneficiary. San Diego is doing well, I doubt they put in the rookie to get Woody's old looks. I also think SD will be realize that they should not be running Donald Brown, their one good remaining RB, 30+ times a game. That's a recipe for disaster especially against a pathetic Jax team. ER already did well with Woody out last week and after a week of reflection the O coordinator should use dump off passes to ER with regularity. And with all the other weapons (Keenan, Floyd,Gates) ER should be getting single coverage and should be able to cash in on some of them.

• Like 1

debating between mathews and allen robinson... Thoughts?

I like Robinson...picked him up ahead of Matthews who was also available. Less mouths to feed with the Jags, Shorts always seems to be banged up and playing from behind with no run game. He's been pretty consistent already this season and hopefully Bortles can be an upgrade for their passing game.

I like Robinson...picked him up ahead of Matthews who was also available. Less mouths to feed with the Jags, Shorts always seems to be banged up and playing from behind with no run game. He's been pretty consistent already this season and hopefully Bortles can be an upgrade for their passing game.

Robinson probably has a higher floor than Matthews, but also has a lower ceiling. Matthews will probably boom and bust from week to week, whereas Robinson should be steadier.

I drafted Matthews in two leagues but had make moves due to injuries/suspensions and I dropped him in both leagues. I was sick to see him in the end zone twice last week.

I drafted Matthews in two leagues but had make moves due to injuries/suspensions and I dropped him in both leagues. I was sick to see him in the end zone twice last week.

+1

I too had to drop Matthews when I picked up Josh Gordon hoping he would not be suspended and then I dropped him in order to pick up Blue, hoping Blue would be the man in Houston and I was hurting at RB.

I traded Larry Fitzgerald for Matthews. I figure the #2 in Philly is worth more than the #2 in Zona? Right?!