Sign in to follow this  
FantasyBowl33

Tim Wright - thoughts?

I drafted him and dropped him

someone paid $20 of their 100 bidding bucks for him this week.

He will be getting more and more playing time

i too drafted him then dropped him i was high on him before my draft due to how NE uses TEs, what they traded for him, and the fact that i owned him last season. kelce elevated himself on my roster, wright didn't do squat, and i had other roster needs. i may pick him back up for his upside possibilities.

I think he has the most upside of any player in NE for sure and any tight end outside of the top 6 or so guys.

He was 54-571-5 in Tampa... He was brought to NE to fill the Hernandez void. If he gets 80/90% of "killers" touches he's a top 8 tight end.

Belichick loves him and says nobody works harder than Tim in practice. He said he still has work to do but he's gaining steadily in reference to the Hernandez role.

• Like 1

Not sure why he is not playing more. He seems like a Hernandez fill in.

Not sure why he is not playing more. He seems like a Hernandez fill in.

still learning the offense.

I think he has the most upside of any player in NE for sure and any tight end outside of the top 6 or so guys.

He was 54-571-5 in Tampa... He was brought to NE to fill the Hernandez void. If he gets 80/90% of "killers" touches he's a top 8 tight end.

Belichick loves him and says nobody works harder than Tim in practice. He said he still has work to do but he's gaining steadily in reference to the Hernandez role.

Belichick said the same thing about Kenbrell Thompkins, who is on the raiders now

Belichick said the same thing about Kenbrell Thompkins, who is on the raiders now

Wright has already proven he can be productive on a mediocre offense. Thompkins hadn't proven anything! Belichick gave up his best offensive lineman to get him! Was part of that to save $$$... Sure but you don't just give up an all pro lineman for nothing. He knows they are best when they play the 2 TE offense. They needed to replace Hernandez and must have thought Wright could be that guy.

So no... I don't think that is a good analogy!

Wright has already proven he can be productive on a mediocre offense. Thompkins hadn't proven anything! Belichick gave up his best offensive lineman to get him! Was part of that to save $$$... Sure but you don't just give up an all pro lineman for nothing. He knows they are best when they play the 2 TE offense. They needed to replace Hernandez and must have thought Wright could be that guy.

So no... I don't think that is a good analogy!

I didn't mean to imply the same would happen to Tim Wright. Just that I wouldn't put too much stock into what Belichick says publicly about a player

Had him last year and he ws servicable. Do I see a big bump for him in the NE offense this year? Not particularly.

Had him last year and he ws servicable. Do I see a big bump for him in the NE offense this year? Not particularly.

agreed.

look, we all should know the score with Hoodie by now ... the only Pats to ever expect weekly burn from are the two Polacks :music_guitarred:

honorable mention to Mr. Bundchen :clap:

HTH

:banana:

• Like 1