Sign in to follow this  
paripona

Jordan Reed top 5 TE rest of way

8 catches. Almost 100 yards. He led the team in targets. Coaches have been raving about him since off season. For a big guy he has some Mccoy like moves too!

He will stay healthy and be a top 5 rest of way. You can book it!

• Like 1

Sure of he stays on the field . Great upside lots of talent . But can't stay healthy

talent wise, on par with Graham and Gronk, and > Julius.

if this kid was running routes for Peyton or Brees or Brady? he'd be number one. yeah, he really is that talented.

but cannot stay on the field. star crossed dude who will burn you the fock out once you get used to his top shelf production.

consider yourselves warned.

talent wise, on par with Graham and Gronk, and > Julius.

I want whatever you're smoking. Of all four, Reed has the worst 40 time, the shortest arms, the smallest hands. He's also the lightest and shortest. And along with Gronk, the most injury prone.

Exactly what measurables are you using to determine that his talent matches or is better than the big 3? Even going by the eye test, he hasn't come close to dominating on the field like the other guys have.

I want whatever you're smoking. Of all four, Reed has the worst 40 time, the shortest arms, the smallest hands. He's also the lightest and shortest. And along with Gronk, the most injury prone.

Exactly what measurables are you using to determine that his talent matches or is better than the big 3?

His ability to get concussions!

Exactly what measurables are you using to determine that his talent matches or is better than the big 3? Even going by the eye test, he hasn't come close to dominating on the field like the other guys have.

if we switched them ...

Julius career in Washington = Jared Cook.

Reed career in Denver = Graham.

hth.

if we switched them ...

Julius career in Washington = Jared Cook.

Reed career in Denver = Graham.

hth.

Ohhhh so by "talent" you meant that of the QB throwing to him. Got it. I guess I should pick up LaFell after all now that you convinced me he's more "talented" than Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant, and Calvin Johnson.

Reed > Donnell?

BTW, this can't stay healthy is a small sample size.

True, but... It's concussions I am worried about.

Full disclosure, I own Reed and I was worried when I drafted him about concussions, not worried about the hamstring.

• Like 1

True, but... It's concussions I am worried about.

Full disclosure, I own Reed and I was worried when I drafted him about concussions, not worried about the hamstring.

Exactly. If he gets concussed this year you can drop him. He does not recover from them.

He's a great add in dynasty leagues. Keep in mind Julius couldn't stay healthy for two straight seasons before a real QB came along. Isaac Bruce was considered a bust before Warner, then suddenly his shoulder injuries went away.... Gronk hasn't exactly stayed healthy..... In a redraft, he's a huge risk. I know as I drafted him a ton of redrafts this Summer.

You can always call someone an injury risk. In reality, every player is an injury risk. His probablity rate from his past history is defnitely higher, but some guys, like Thomas and Bruce, seem to somehow improve healthwise when they don't have a QB leading them into massive hits.....

Why bother worrying about injuries? It happens to every player and you can't predict it. If healthy, this guy will explode.. I've only heard positive when it comes to skill set. I think he's grossly underrated right now.

Why bother worrying about injuries? It happens to every player and you can't predict it. If healthy, this guy will explode.. I've only heard positive when it comes to skill set. I think he's grossly underrated right now.

Why?

Why bother worrying about injuries? It happens to every player and you can't predict it.

Because injuries are a big determining factor for success in FF.

You can't predict them, really? So no one predicted Cecil Shorts might have hamstring issues this season? Or Ben Tate could go down because he's frail? Or Welker is a risk because he's had 50 concussions? Don't confuse injury history and freak injuries.

A concussion is not like a torn ACL or broken leg, those are freak injuries and even though they happen a lot, they pale in comparison to concussions.

Furthermore, having an ACL tear doesn't make you more likely to have another one; where as having concussions does make you more likely and also is more subjective to the powers at be.

Because injuries are a big determining factor for success in FF.

You can't predict them, really? So no one predicted Cecil Shorts might have hamstring issues this season? Or Ben Tate could go down because he's frail? Or Welker is a risk because he's had 50 concussions? Don't confuse injury history and freak injuries.

DeMarco Murray, Arian Foster, and Rob Gronkowski owners think injury histories are overrated.

having an ACL tear doesn't make you more likely to have another one

actually this is false, it does make you more likely to tear another ACL in the future

Who would you rank higher on WW priority, Jordan Reed, or Malcom Floyd?

I keep staring at him on waivers..hes waiving.at me, saying hi, my hammys are fine, pick me up. But i have kelce and he will be unleashed this week so nahhh

• Like 1

I keep staring at him on waivers..hes waiving.at me, saying hi, my hammys are fine, pick me up. But i have kelce and he will be unleashed this week so nahhh

But they have to keep Kelce on a leash so he's in range of Smith's throws...

• Like 1

Well maybe after a bye week they have some extra designed plays for kelce and also this game should be high scoring

Ok so 11 targets on 35 snaps last week? Yeah I'll take a chance on that. No issues in practice. Gruden says his workload will increase this week. And if he trips a hang nail, it's back to the WW.

Who would you rank higher on WW priority, Jordan Reed, or Malcom Floyd?

Reed by a mile. If healthy he's a potential difference maker vs other players at the position. Getting that edge can mean wins.

Not 100% on the bandwagon, yet. The Skins have a prime opportunity for a blowout this weekend and Reed should be showcased.

Reed by a mile. If healthy he's a potential difference maker vs other players at the position. Getting that edge can mean wins.

Good, I picked up Reed yesterday, I think he'll be plugged into my lineup over Larry Donnell...