Sign in to follow this  
RepoPatrol

Why so many bye weeks

In looking at my schedule i see the NFL bye weeks extend all the way to week 12. So in the second to last regular season game owners are still battling byes. I think the NFL and fantasy would be better served if they instead limited bye to 4 weeks with 8 teams off each week.

My league is 2 divisions of 5 teams, 1 week regular season schedule. CBS is always awful at making the schedule so i made my own tonight, should have done so at start of season or many seasons ago. The way my schedule is setup,the first rounds of conference games are played in the first 5 weeks. The last round of conference games are set up for weeks 9-13. Weeks 6-8 feature only non conference games. By neccesity each week of conference games will have one non-conference matchup. The way it stands with the NFL byes, byes will affect 7 of the 10 weeks of conference games. If the NFL went to 4 bye weeks only, then only one conference matchup week would be affected by byes. Just makes more sense to me. The non-conference weeks also would be a bunch of fun with the increased byes.

Anyone agree with this? Do you think byes extending to week 12 is a bit too much?

I agree. This whole RBBC thing and the injuries are really messing my fantasy leagues up too. Let's write a letter to Goodell. Give him a piece of our mind!

It's better than those years every week had a team or teams on bye. There's more money in having a lot of bye weeks.

Every time you think you've read the dumbest thread starter...

I think the Bills should play 32 games and twice a week so I can get something out of Spiller.

Week 10 Im shaping my roster into a loss with Luck Oliver Gates and Asiata on bye. I'll have Cutler against Packers though!

Week 10 Im shaping my roster into a loss with Luck Oliver Gates and Asiata on bye. I'll have Cutler against Packers though!

Keep us informed!